Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

mystic teal
    '98 z28, M6

Im fabricating a new interior-possibly headed for the market.... and I need your help

how well do you like your interior? would you change it if you could? Im asking because currently, im designing an all new set of interior panels for my '98 z-28. ive currently got some very nicely drawn up designs for my personal car, which turned out so well that the fabrication shop im working with on this has suggested I consider spending some time to get some public input, and then approach the market with the new pieces. so, in turn, if I see a demand, I will start producing some new interior pieces for the camaro, with you, the enthusiast in mind. here are some general design cues that will be built in to the new interior. prices would be set at levels that are affordable. that is a priority.
    1. revised speaker locations for better acoustics and tweeter locations for high-end component speakers
    2. lighter weight than the stock interior. id rate the door panel at about 20 lbs. the replacement will hopefully be below 10.
    3. higher quality materials with a more aggresive, yet refined design. currently im using a design that consists of formed carbon fiber, italian leather and brushed aluminum accents. im going for something that gives you the feeling of quality like a mercedes benz, or a porsche for example.
    4. a bottle location, built into the center console, to house a 10 lb nitrous bottle, as well as a switch panel to house switches for anything from trans-brakes to electric fans.
    5. revised stereo slot for your aftermarket stereos, as well as a 3 guage pod to replace the "dead space" left by the oversize stock stereo.

these are just a few cues. I cant give away everything, right?

let me know what you think, and ALL suggestions are considered.... maybe a discount for ls1 members

Eric

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

OK-it's not really worthless-I just really wanted to use that smiley somewhere.That's a great idea-By all means make it performance oriented and goodlookin.The only thing I envy of the new GTO is the cooler interior.If I can think of some ideas to help you I'll get back on here.Keeping it affordable would be important-maybe even where you could just buy the console or the other panels separate and it wouldn't look bad with your stock stuff -kinda modular-if that would work with what you have planned.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

YEAH DUDE POST PICS!!! that sounds sweet!

just make sure your stuff doesn't rattle-my interior rattles ALOT! and i can't stand it!

1999 Chevy Camaro

Sounds cool, but need pricing and pics. And can you swing by Florida some time ?

Right now I'm more intrested in a targa or t-top conv. It's too damn hot in here, I need to get more air in my DD car. I'd use the AC, but need to save on gas,.. you know.. But I wouldn't mind doing that later on.

Rob

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

How bout.....no rattles no rattles no rattles.....and less plastic less plastic less plastic

Red
    2001 Z28

I am very interested. Would be very interested in nice door panels that look factory, say lexus factory and match well with the rest of the car

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

pics or ban! =)

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

interested as well but need pics

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XtinKt
    interested as well but need pics
    damn, cuz! new interior and slick 2-tone paint job! you're car will be SWEET!

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Thats the plan stan. The Trans am is my dream car. If i could have any car in the world it would be the trans am. Now to get it the way i like it...................

Black
    97 Formula

Cup holders that actually hold something!

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Just like the 3rd Gens needed?
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...r-01Z/sig2.jpg
    Currently own 1995 Z28 (Silver-Automatic) - BONE STOCK!!!
    Recently purchased 2001 Z28 (Black-6 Speed) - 3" Flowmasters and
    other misc stuff. This, bad traction (2.21 60') and missed 3-4 shift
    netted me 13.46 sec in the 1/4 mile. . .

mystic teal
    '98 z28, M6

hello all just checking back in... I just moved (local) so i have no internet connection at home ( im at a cafe now). anyhow, heres some updates for you, and keep the feedback coming!

02Z28Ls1- yes the panels are being designed with the factory original pieces in mind... so that you would be able to buy, say, just the door panels, or just the center section, and have it match with the rest of the interior. the affordable aspect is addressed below

dipherentdesign- the panels wont rattle at all.... thats what got me started on this. the stock speaker grille on the door rattles like a hyundai. again, no pictures yet but when i have a product mock up ill post em

graphicsgod- no targa top conversion yet unless you were looking for a one-piece style replacement t-top, that might be possible but id have to research the base design a bit haha.... ill let you know in the future

xtinkt.... stay tuned... once the base design is settled, there are quite a few things ive envisioned that i could change on the design for a customized panel(s), because i originally had this project in mind for a handful of people building custom hot rod late-gens, so there are some VERY nice accents and design touches that i have in mind... perhaps your own integrated set of two or three brushed and etched aluminum accents with whatever you choose on them....if you build your car to have some power to back it up... name it "crusher"!

some more on the design- it is targeted at clean design with no clutter... i like clean, suave classy interiors like what youd find on a high end german car. picture james bond BMW with american lines... the design is purely american and will mesh well with the car...the design features are just a bit more aggressive in the sports car styling department..I want people to feel like they are getting into a ground based rocket with some class..the contours will be pronounced, and the door will form into the dash much more noticably, giving a cockpit feel in the interior.

good news however at another point... and a hint at the design... there is a "cove" built in to the door panel design i have now, that integrates the arm rest and the door pull. this cove is covered in leather on the design, and the leather shop just got back to me yesterday.... i will be able to custom match the leather tone on the doors with your exterior....or any other color youd want. if a 3 or more pieces were going into your car, so that i could have a recurring color accent, you could have a VERY slick looking two tone interior.....more on this later

throw me some figures that you would like to see for pricing -- realistically, i see the price per door panel set between 3-500..... id like to see it around 350 for a set of two. it will be well worth it, as im going through distributors that supply audi, bmw and the like with fabrics and leathers.... plan on porsche quality or higher interior panels.

welll ive got to jet for work.... keep the responses coming! and anyone with specific questions feel free to pm me... remember... YOU GUYS are the public team im going with...YOU, the OWNERS know more about what youd like to see on the interior than any design team from GM. so if theres something cool you think of as a general point.. throw it out here and i will see what i can to to integrate ideas into the design.

thanks again and ill keep you all updated. bye for now!

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

I would be willing to pay $800.00-$900.00 for the whole set up. A single piece for the T-Tops would be great.

Just another side note. Don't for get places for lED lights to help accent it during the night.

Another side note. I wouild also be interested in removing my rear seats. In favour of fiberglass with Subs behind each seat painted to match the exterior of the car. Similar to how the corvette does theirs on the Verts except they don't have subs behind the seats.
    this.

I have very specific plans for my car, and if your going to fabricate multipiles of this stuff, it will save me a fortune.

Let me know if i can be of any help.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

this sounds awesome! if what you say is what i heard-you're planning on a GTO/interior w/exterior colored highlights inside? that would be SWEET! sounds like you've really done some serious work-i hope your one-off car makes it to a show worthy of chip foose.

steveo346
    plz post pics

Last of the Breed Pewter02Formula's Avatar

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Firebird Formula

Nobody ever does this for Firebirds... I've always thought GM's people spent a little more time on the ergonomics of the Camaro's interior than the Firebird's...

Still sounds really cool -- can't wait to see what you come up with!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

add to the list: head rest's that ACTUALLY craddle your head.

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Thumbs up

As much as all of us LS1 owner are looking in the rearview mirror at the trail of dust we left our competition in, It would be nice to have a cool Rearview mirror as well.

(I'm just throwing crap out there now.)

orange
    99 z28

i'd be interested in this if the price is right. its pretty much exactly what i wanted to do anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information