Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'd like your opinion on the appearance of my car

This is a discussion on I'd like your opinion on the appearance of my car within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 well thx for the nice words...they are just c6s though. they aren't that expensive, just start ...

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    well thx for the nice words...they are just c6s though. they aren't that expensive, just start saving

hey, y2kpewterss, i think the side molding will be coming off, first thing this spring
    Anytime man.

I have a problem with saving money. If I have cash in my pocket I will find something I "think" I need and buy it. This is why my girlfriend handles my cashflow along with hers, and all the bills.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    Did you paint your calipers? If so, how long did it take to paint all four and let all four dry before you put them back on?

Would painting the calipers be an all day ordeal? IE: get them off car, paint them, let them dry, put them back on car.

Nice lookin SS by the way! Got any other pics?

Thanks
    It takes a while because you need to do at least 4 or 5 coats per caliper. The good news is you dont have to take them off. You can paint them right on the car. I taped off the brake pad area and a few little other things and that was it. Its real easy and comes out real nice. I thank Duplicolor, the kit was great. I will get you some pics soon.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    It takes a while because you need to do at least 4 or 5 coats per caliper. The good news is you dont have to take them off. You can paint them right on the car. I taped off the brake pad area and a few little other things and that was it. Its real easy and comes out real nice. I thank Duplicolor, the kit was great. I will get you some pics soon.
    Hey, I appreciate the response.

That would be cool if you could post pics when you get a chance. No rush.

Thanks agian for the info!

Red
    2001 WS6

Dang Tim im really digging the looks of your car. I like the new pic you got of the side shot. Looks really good.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

gee thx...where's your "whore" thread? i wanna see your pics

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Finally got the rims on. Love em. Thanks for the idea. Mine have the embossed corvette symbol on them tho.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    Finally got the rims on. Love em. Thanks for the idea. Mine have the embossed corvette symbol on them tho.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    I don't think your rims are shiny enough.

Good lookin Camaro.

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    I don't think your rims are shiny enough.
    lol

Red
    2001 WS6

gee thx...where's your "whore" thread? i wanna see your pics
    I need a better camera like what you have. I dont have a high quality one so they wont look as good. What kinda camara do you have?

Red
    2001 WS6

By the way did you figure out if you are getting a grill for your car? I think if you got that you would be set for sure. Your keeping the Z for ever right? I read up top you were looking for a SS or a TA.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I need a better camera like what you have. I dont have a high quality one so they wont look as good. What kinda camara do you have?
    The pic with the grass in front of the car was just a canon power shot. It's about the size of a iphone...it's small, credit card small.

The pic with the name in the corner is with basically a professional camera. It's a buddy of mine and he's got better lenses now so look for some sick pics this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    I can't take credit, i copied a couple guys myself. Then I knew what i wanted after I saw their car.

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    By the way did you figure out if you are getting a grill for your car? I think if you got that you would be set for sure. Your keeping the Z for ever right? I read up top you were looking for a SS or a TA.
    Yea I think I MIGHT get a SLP grille of some kind. Just gotta find the right one. I haven't started shopping for it yet. I just don't want to waste too much money on the car and it's an expensive mod that doesn't make it move any faster. But yes I plan on keeping it, it's just not worth selling it. I still want a T/A WS6, just because thats what i wanted when i couldn't afford anything in life...now I can have both cars, just waiting for things to settle down for me. I'll have one in a few years.

Red
    2001 WS6

Yea I think I MIGHT get a SLP grille of some kind. Just gotta find the right one. I haven't started shopping for it yet. I just don't want to waste too much money on the car and it's an expensive mod that doesn't make it move any faster. But yes I plan on keeping it, it's just not worth selling it. I still want a T/A WS6, just because thats what i wanted when i couldn't afford anything in life...now I can have both cars, just waiting for things to settle down for me. I'll have one in a few years.
    Yeah i hear ya. I want to get some go fast goodies one of these days but not sure when. I think i will just get my shocks and springs on this summer and call it good for now. I will leave my options open till next year. I have really been wanting to buy a nice house latly i tell you i change my mind alot but we'll see what happens.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I don't have the garage space yet either... let me know when you have the new suspension...i'd like to feel what it's like

Bronze
    1984 Corvette

love it, wouldnt change a thing !

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I haven't done a photoshoot lately, so it looks the same right now. Still debating whether to take off the side molding.

I said I would do it and i still haven't....

I guess I found these, they are all from last year:

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, that thing is bad ass bro.

SOM
    2002 SS

I can make your car look super sexy.

1. rims are too small.
    2. Car isn't lowered enough (if it is)
    3. get rid of the skirts.

The stripes look great.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I went with 17s because it is less rotational mass and tires are way cheaper than 18s.

I was going to lower it, but i changed my mind, cuz it will probably hurt me at the track.

I really don't like the skirts all the much either, but if i remove them, it'll just leave holes all along the bottom of the car. If you've seen this done, you'll know what i mean. It looks terrible.

Bronze
    1984 Corvette

I had a white 1999 and hated the skirts, particularly the split front, and the odd "add on" rear spoiler. The side skirts are OK, and actually look completely fine with your color. Adding an RK Sport front spoiler would fix a lot. Not sure what you could do with the rear spoiler, nothing too wild though.
    I actually used to Not like the SS rear spolier ... but now I own one, and Love it ! :-)
    I also developed a hated for the stock front grille, thus why I removed mine.
    I still love your color best, and the stripes and the chrome wheels just complete the look well. Only other color that I like is Sunset Orange Metallic ... I had a 2003 Avalanche in that color.
    I like my black SS, but it is very hard to keep looking good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information