Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

I'd like your opinion on the appearance of my car

This is a discussion on I'd like your opinion on the appearance of my car within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Go there and don't bash too hard. Thx guys http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887771...

  1. #1
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    I'd like your opinion on the appearance of my car

    Go there and don't bash too hard. Thx guys

    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887771

  2. #2
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    hixson tennessee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,642

    white
    94 camaro z28

    looks good. I like it personally. I'd say ok just because they look kinda generic. but that's me. I would no mind anything like that on one. definitely not ricer.

  3. #3
    Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    7,603

    Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

    Other than the wheels, I think the car looks great.

  4. #4
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Not a fan of the body.

    Stripes look okay. I am impartial on those really.

  5. #5
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    looks good. I like it personally. I'd say ok just because they look kinda generic. but that's me. I would no mind anything like that on one. definitely not ricer.
    OK thx.

    Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    Other than the wheels, I think the car looks great.
    I got new wheels, no new pics yet, cuz it's in storage. Thx

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Not a fan of the body.

    Stripes look okay. I am impartial on those really.
    Ok thx for the opinion

  6. #6
    Junior Member radome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    42

    Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

    I'm partial to the stripes as I have them on my 95 Z28 although mine are very similar to the anniversary car of '97 except mine are black on a silver car. Anything that will make the car look longer and lower adds to the image. I also love the ground effects and the color combo you chose is different which, in my opinion, is what you should be going for.
    It's a head turner.

    Radome

  7. #7
    Fuzzbuster Jr. fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cave Run Lake area, Kentucky
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,002

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

    I like the stripes, but I think it would look just as good (or better) without them. I think it would look better without the body kit to be honest. It's still a sharp car. Not all of us can (or should) make our cars look the same; otherwise we'd all have a domestic version of "Honda-JDM-itus". Do what you like to your car, you can't make everyone happy - but you can definitely make yourself satisfied with the car.

    My 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... ASC# 1244 ... Born on June 23, 2001

  8. #8
    Member AiDRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    192

    red
    1999 WS6

    I think there is too much going on. The body lines don't go well with the stripes. IMO, do what you like it's your car.

  9. #9
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I like the stripes, but I think it would look just as good (or better) without them. I think it would look better without the body kit to be honest. It's still a sharp car. Not all of us can (or should) make our cars look the same; otherwise we'd all have a domestic version of "Honda-JDM-itus". Do what you like to your car, you can't make everyone happy - but you can definitely make yourself satisfied with the car.
    I'll agree. Even though I like a trans am with the ram air and TT II's, it wouldn't be the same car if we all made em look the same. I'm happy with them and the only time I hear someone say they don't like my car, don't like my stripes, don't like my ground effects, don't like my wheels, don't like my tint, don't like my exhaust tips, don't like my tails, it all comes from people from the forums...hell i don't know what to say anymore.

    I don't know if any of you saw a post of someone with a bright orange trans am that was all done up. Put down 700rwhp or something and was a sick looking car, but then there were a lot of haters. I'm not sure if it's jealousy or what. I just wanted an honest opinion of my stripes and i'm not sure if i got that or not...owell thx anyways

  10. #10
    Member WS-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    418

    Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

    I dont care for the wheels myself but otherwise everything else is very nice.

  11. #11
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    I dont care for the wheels myself but otherwise everything else is very nice.
    Pics are old, I have new wheels, car still in storage so no pics

  12. #12
    Member 346ci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AK
    Age
    27
    Posts
    553

    NBM
    1998 Z-28

    I think your car looks pretty good, but I don't car for the single exhaust unless the other pipe is in the shadow, I'd get duals

  13. #13
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Go there and don't bash too hard. Thx guys

    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887771
    Are you wanting a critique of your entire appearance or just the striping?
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  14. #14
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I don't know if any of you saw a post of someone with a bright orange trans am that was all done up. Put down 700rwhp or something and was a sick looking car, but then there were a lot of haters. I'm not sure if it's jealousy or what. I just wanted an honest opinion of my stripes and i'm not sure if i got that or not...owell thx anyways
    I recall that car.
    While it would be a GREAT car to drive and the color was outstanding, the body work was overly done to me.

    Mine is a black WS.6 on TTII's. It is similiar to many??? Probably. It has a few minor touches. I just didn't buy the car to change its looks. If it needed appearance changes...I would have never bought it in the first place.

    To each their own. I don't 'hate' on others work or others tastes.

  15. #15
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Are you wanting a critique of your entire appearance or just the striping?
    Always open to suggestions. I know i've gotten quite a few already and i'm not done with this car yet...

    Whistler mod, lose gfx, ss spoiler, slp grill, berger panel etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    I think your car looks pretty good, but I don't car for the single exhaust unless the other pipe is in the shadow, I'd get duals
    shadow, i got magnaflow tips

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I recall that car.
    While it would be a GREAT car to drive and the color was outstanding, the body work was overly done to me.

    Mine is a black WS.6 on TTII's. It is similiar to many??? Probably. It has a few minor touches. I just didn't buy the car to change its looks. If it needed appearance changes...I would have never bought it in the first place.

    To each their own. I don't 'hate' on others work or others tastes.
    I'm sure it looks great too, but i was just trying to prove a point. TT II's on trans am's look sick imo and there are lots of nice ones out there. Just wouldn't be the same if everyone had that though, know what i mean.

  16. #16
    Member 98CamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey.
    Posts
    219

    Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

    Car is fine, but get rid of the stripes.

  17. #17
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    Ok. here is My opinion.
    like the stripes, but I would get some differnt ones those look wider than the ussual. if you have those blk stripes compliment it by
    1.doing the whisler mod on the headlights,
    2.smoked turns signals,
    3.change the grill for a black slp with a chevy emblem or a blk billet grill wih a gold chevy emblem
    4. get some blk TTm's black with chrome lip,
    5. get a nice lincense plate holder
    6. paint your calipers blk with chrome camaro decal.
    7.finish with a change of nose emblem-check out brent franker for that.


    did i miss anything P?
    I mean the car looks fine, but if u want to go all out that's what i would do

  18. #18
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Lots of good suggestions so far and some bad suggestions as well. Black stripes with pewter works very well. I think the stripes would look better if they weren't as wide and if they came all the way down instead of stopping by the nose emblem.

    If you do plan to keep the black striping, whistlers, smoked turnsignals, and smoked sidemarkers would all work well, but stick to the theme of black lighting or clear lighting whatever you do. Having stock headlights and smoked turnsignals or vice versa does not work well.

    If you haven't already painted your calipers, painting them black with chrome lettering will improve the looks of them tremendously.

    Removing your side molding is another cheap and easy significant appearance mod you can do if you haven't already.

    A nice tag frame and short antenna are good appearance mods also.

    The berger panel is a great mod for pewter, but thats strictly a personal preference decision.

    What you did with the stock grille looks good, but an SLP grille would look better, but they are pricey.

    I wouldn't put an SS spoiler on with the ground effects.

    Last and most importantly, are the wheels. If you plan to change wheels, I would do that first. Wheels are the key element in the appearance of a vehicle.

    I think your Camaro looks good as is and could look fantastic with a few more key changes.

  19. #19
    Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    184

    Maroon
    2000 Z28

    I like the stripes.

    Have you considered a pinstripe outline of the stripes?
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

    Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Very nice ride!! Looks good IMO!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LT1 to LS1 Appearance
    By 1998 T/A in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
  2. one more appearance mod.....
    By kebie05 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM
  3. some appearance ???s
    By suede in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 10:03 PM
  4. my new appearance mod
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. Changes to the appearance of the GTO
    By johnebgoode in forum GTO
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •