Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I hate poser ss and ws6s

This is a discussion on I hate poser ss and ws6s within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by slpcamaro no just leave it on the black camaro in your profile ....

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    no just leave it on the black camaro in your profile .

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    z28 with ss badge nothing really wrong there your misunderstanding what I was agreeing with was the v6 putting the ss badge on it.
    Oh...well that's an entirely different story. If a V6 driver wanted to put SS emblems on his Camaro that would be his choice. But I don't really see the point, as he wouldn't be able to back that badge up for sh*t.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I ran into a guy at a local car show this weekend. He had a CTS-V and a Lingenfelter performance badge under the hood so I asked him what package he had done. The look on his face was priceless, and he goes "uhhhhhhh, I have a skip shift eliminator from them" I took just about everything in me to not laugh. Seeing that was the only non stock thing on the whole car I was thinking why even put it on. Sorry a bit different, but still needless badging that makes people think there's more than there really is.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I added my ram air hood on my TA (non ws6) but got all my regular badges and even the side molding. I kinda like my molding on it. But i can back mine hood up with a V8

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

holy crap dude, you realize this is a two year old thread!!!

rapter34
    I agree with making you car look good but don't badge it for something it is not. thats lame

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    wow almost two years old where do you guys these up from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    holy crap dude, you realize this is a two year old thread!!!

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

This thread will never die!

For what it's worth, I've got an aftermarket SS spoiler, VFN Sunoco hood, and aftermarket chrome Z28 badges proudly displayed. I can't think of any reason to make a Z28 look like an SS anyway, even as a clone. The SS guys are "stuck" with their hoods (seriously, why change it anyway?) while the Z28 guys can opt for the Ultra Z, Sunoco, Transformer, etc. And still let it be a Z28. Plus, the aftermarket spoiler options are abundant as well.

http://www.fquick.com/Hoss2000Z28

My advice for anybody wanting a Camaro that looks exactly like an SS is to save up a little extra over a Z28 and get one! Hell, you would save money in the long run in not having to buy, ship and paint those parts.

As for my feathered brothers and sisters, I have to admit that there is no aftermarket hood for you that looks as menacing and purposeful as the WS.6 hood. Pontiac struck gold with that design, pure and simple. I have to give you WS.7 folks a pass on that.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    This thread will never die!

For what it's worth, I've got an aftermarket SS spoiler, VFN Sunoco hood, and aftermarket chrome Z28 badges proudly displayed. I can't think of any reason to make a Z28 look like an SS anyway, even as a clone. The SS guys are "stuck" with their hoods (seriously, why change it anyway?) while the Z28 guys can opt for the Ultra Z, Sunoco, Transformer, etc. And still let it be a Z28. Plus, the aftermarket spoiler options are abundant as well.

http://www.fquick.com/Hoss2000Z28

My advice for anybody wanting a Camaro that looks exactly like an SS is to save up a little extra over a Z28 and get one! Hell, you would save money in the long run in not having to buy, ship and paint those parts.

As for my feathered brothers and sisters, I have to admit that there is no aftermarket hood for you that looks as menacing and purposeful as the WS.6 hood. Pontiac struck gold with that design, pure and simple. I have to give you WS.7 folks a pass on that.
    No, you can buy a Z28, mod it to look like an SS and still have 2-3K left. Trust me! SS's go for alot more than Z28's do! Fact!! Yeah, you can get lucky and find a killer deal, but chances are it is a P.O.S. !

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    No, you can buy a Z28, mod it to look like an SS and still have 2-3K left. Trust me! SS's go for alot more than Z28's do! Fact!! Yeah, you can get lucky and find a killer deal, but chances are it is a P.O.S. !
    Totally agree. I still see nothing wrong with badging. If the import and Mustang guys can do it, why can't we.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

do you want to be like the mustang and import guys?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Totally agree. I still see nothing wrong with badging. If the import and Mustang guys can do it, why can't we.
    I vote this the most disturbing post of the year. I got a chill down my spine reading it.

NBM
    98 trans am

rapter34
    turn in your LS1.

everyone is intitiled to an opinion but look what happens when people start beliving in badges on there cars.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ijJgZWGO3VI

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    Now that's just pathetic...totally opposite of what I am talking about. Mustang GT-R...GTF outta here .

EDIT: Here's what a real Mustang GTR looks like.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=uo_vEFA-wZ8&feature=related
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-10-2008 at 12:04 PM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Some of you are stretching it to the extreme.

NBM
    99 TA

there is a big difference between sticking an SS badge on a ls1 camaro with an SS hood and spoiler/wheels etc and sticking a nissan skyline GTR badge on a stock v6 mustang

this whole thread is pointless...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    there is a big difference between sticking an SS badge on a ls1 camaro with an SS hood and spoiler/wheels etc and sticking a nissan skyline GTR badge on a stock v6 mustang

this whole thread is pointless...
    I agree with you totally.

I am now unsubscribing.

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

^^Agreed! I'm not all for badging a car with GT-R emblems or anything like that, however...this topic is getting out of control....and since when is it compared to badging your SS, WS6 or WS7 or your Z28,29,51,82,etc....

Everyone likes what they like, not everyone is going to agree with what you do...its your car...do whatever the fuck you want to do to it.......and thats it!

...Unless your sportin spinner rims on your F-body, in which case, IMO, You should be shot where you stand!

I think maybe its time for a MOD to close this thread....before it starts getting into turning an f-body into a Jet!

Peace out

1998 WS7 T/A M6| SLP:Lid,Line Lock,LM Exhaust w/ORY,Skip Shift| Pacesetter LT| 80mm BBK TB| Centerforce LS6 Clutch| Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential| MAC Diff.Carrier Girdle| 3:73 Gears| Spohn Cntrl Arms| Hotchkis Adj PHB| H&R Lowering Sp.Springs| NX 150 Shot Direct Port|More Mods... FQuick Page

Red
    98 Trans Am

I was just going through threads and came aross this one. I dont really look at the dates. That Poser Mustang GTR, OMFG!! You cant be that stupid. No way. That just blows my mind what guy said in the youtube clip. Turbo rotary headers 11 seconds!!?? I damn near pissed my pants!!
    Anyway, gotta agree with the "its your car, do what you want" crowd. HOWEVER!! dont get upset when people look at you like you got a small child growing out of your forehead! Like a very important person i cant remember cause its been a while since ive been in school said, "Just cause you can do it, doesnt mean you should!"
    One mod I dont get too much is why people take off the side moldings? I actually didnt notice i had a the driver side fender piece missing until about a month after I had the car. Dont get it.
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information