Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I hate poser ss and ws6s

This is a discussion on I hate poser ss and ws6s within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; i understand where everyone is coming from, and everyone makes a good point. to put it simple, i just love ...

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

i understand where everyone is coming from, and everyone makes a good point. to put it simple, i just love my car.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Well, I have a Z28 w/ an SS hood on it. It's still a V8, just w/ out the LS6 intake. I only bought the hood to have functional ramair to my K&N FIPK Intake. The funniest thing I ever saw was a convertable '02 V6 Mustang w/ "SALEEN" on the back, LMAO!
    The Z28 and SS cars came with the same intake, earlier years they had they LS1, later years the ls6, didn't matter if it was a SS or not.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

i dont think its a big deal for a trans am to turn into a ws6, its almost the same car just different wheels/hood/exhaust, its not like it has a bigger cam or has a 6.0 vs a 5.7, its the same car just some stuff added on, now id have a problem with someone taking a v6 firechicken and putting ws6 badges and shit on it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Then you have to give the prentenders a little...

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by UHKILEZ View Post
    I don't have a problem with V8's converting to WS6 or SS options, because they can represent, V6's cannot. So please don't! As you make life difficult for all us V8 people who have to "fix" the problem you caused, after a ricer, bimmer etc. comes along and says WS6 or SS are slow, because they beat your V6 possing as a V8!

Now, regarding the badge issue. I blame Pontiac for this whole mess, as they could have called the V6's WS6 and V8's WS8. I know it makes too much sense, that is probably why they didn't do it! Also, we wouldn't have to deal with this whole WS7, WS9 etc. superiority issue.

Also, if people insist on utilizing any badge with a number higher than WS6, which the general public assumes, as logic would dictate is superior than WS6all I ask is be able to back it up! i.e. supercharged, NOS, LS2, LS6, LS7 etc.

Additionally, some people say, its your car do what you want to it. Well, that is true, of course. However, your not showing any respect or consideration to the "brotherhood" and remember, it goes both ways. So, don't expect or get upset, if you don't get any in return.

I get what you mean but you are wrong to say that no V6's can represent isnt right. There is a guy over at camarov6.com with a 3800 and I think it has 420 HP thats enough to beat most of the people here.

Black
    2000 Trans AM

I dont realy care what people do to thier cars, If they rice em out, clone them or jsut stright up lie about them, its their car. I love MY car and the fact that it can pull out a can off whoop butt on um if the try to speed past me in show . Also internal mods help out too.

And yes it a real Ws6.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nice! Love the way those Z06 wheels look on F-bods!

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

And yes it a real Ws6.
    With a firehawk hood??

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1959ls1 View Post
    Nothing against getting an aftermarket ss or ws6 hood, but please dont go around saying you have an ss or ws6 and put fake badges on it if its really not one. What really ticks me off is guys with V6 camaros and firebirds that actually put these hoods and badges on their cars, I mean really guys wtf is this crap. I dont mind them because they look great, but please dont lie and put badges and stuff like that on your car if its not, if you aint got the scratch save up for that beyatch and please dont pose.

yeah whats really funny is when one of these guys adds nitrous to the v6 "poser car " and then smokes the stock ss i've seen one done and it was surprising ....but i still didn't like it...lol

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01pewterbird View Post
    With a firehawk hood??
    Damn, you are right, I didn't catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Damn, you are right, I didn't catch that.
    I don't think that is a true Firehawk hood.

It appears to be a SLP "Ram Air H.O." hood - which is not the same.

The Firehawk hood doesn't have that tall of a rise.
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

Black
    2000 Trans AM

wOw, I think Im an idiot that dint do much research on true Ws6's befor I bought one or thought i bought one, I feel like a real Freakin genius here. Is their any sure way to tell if it is a ws6, 01ws6guy4me said "WS6" RPO code on driver door, but i dont remember seeing one last night, do yall know of any other sure ways to check?

NBM
    99 TA

if it doesn't say ws6 on the rpo list then it is not a ws6. the hood is a dead giveaway.. i don't know anyone who would buy an aftermarket hood to replace a true WS6 hood.

is your suspension stock? stock TA's have those crappy orange shocks and i think WS6 cars had upgraded ones as well.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

just call your local pontiac service center and give them the last 8 of your vin and they can tell you for sure.

Black
    99 Z-28

I was once going to change my z28 into an SS. I currently have the SS hood on the car, then I realized something. I liked the car stock. It has the sports apperance package, it looks different than a standard Camaro, or SS. I like that, and I am proud of that fact. I just got a stock hood, and I am looking for the stock front gfx.
    Honestly if your car is fast than that speaks for it self. Posers often do the worst clones, truly sickening.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

I took all the badges off my car, keep 'em guessing.

White
    2001 Trans-Am

It's ok to fix your v-6 to make it look like the SS-WS6 or whatever. Sports car enthusiast will recogize what it is (real or fake)when they see or hear a car. No big deal either way.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

I AGREE JSON 27- I CAN ALWAYS TELL ITS NOT REAL-----JUST LIKE I CAN TELL A REAL WOMAN FROM A TRANSEXUAL INSTANTLY----just aint right and that keeps you wondering more what is wrong.......but i still hate how a v6 camaro looking like a v8 gets spanked by a ricer and the ricer then believes he can smoke an ls1.......then theyll ask if your supercharged cuz he just smoked a berger ss and the z28 should be slower/.......lol

red&black
    1999 Camaro SS

i got a 99 z28. i put a ss hood and spoiler and emblems all around on it. is that a bad thing? i can see where putting all that stuff on a v6 is annoying to all of you. but i have aftermarket exhaust and slp air lid. the only real difference between my car and a real ss is basically the suspension package. Am I right?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by redbadss View Post
    i got a 99 z28. i put a ss hood and spoiler and emblems all around on it. is that a bad thing? i can see where putting all that stuff on a v6 is annoying to all of you. but i have aftermarket exhaust and slp air lid. the only real difference between my car and a real ss is basically the suspension package. Am I right?

I say keep the SS badges off. Why give credit for your hard work to SLP? Not to mention badging it is poser. I think the rest if fine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information