Thread: hydrosilex

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

hydrosilex

I seen this on the internet while suffering the web and we all know "anything we see on the internet is true " LOL, but seriously, has any of you guys every used this stuff and does it work like they say it will?

https://www.hydrosilex.com

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

There's a detailer in my area I think uses it. From the FB photos I've seen it makes the paint look like glass. Not sure if it's the exact product but when he ran a water hose over it the water flowed off and bead up but doesn't leave any water spots. Doesn't have to wax the car for a long time either. Just use a shamy towel and done.

I may do it once I get paint. Shit ain't cheap. IIRC he charges $500. But that's cause he completely cleans, preps the paint before applying it that way no contaminates are under the coating.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

If it's a true ceramic coating then that's about the best protection you can use on paint right now short of a clear bra/wrap/paint protection film. Stuff is expensive to do but it can leave a paint job looking like glass. Stuff is time consuming to put on and long lasting hence the cost.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-25-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

It is NOT a true ceramic coating from what I've read. Here is a thread from another forum I'm on, KirkH has a detailing business.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ght=hydrosilex

I use Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss to get a similar effect. Bottle was ~$12 and I've used it on both the SS and the WS6, used about 1/5 of the bottle so far. Supposed to last up to 2 months.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    It is NOT a true ceramic coating from what I've read. Here is a thread from another forum I'm on, KirkH has a detailing business.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ght=hydrosilex

I use Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss to get a similar effect. Bottle was ~$12 and I've used it on both the SS and the WS6, used about 1/5 of the bottle so far. Supposed to last up to 2 months.
    But its on the internet so

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

But so is the link I posted. Paradox.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

As mentioned it is not a true ceramic coating. I got a free bottle.

It is nothing special. It a silicon dioxide (SiO2) spray sealant. For those of you that are familiar with detailing products, think of this as an alternative version to CarPro Reload.

This will not outlast a true ceramic coating.

The benefit is that it is easy to use and can be used often.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Thread Information