Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

HVAC Delete panel installed

This is a discussion on HVAC Delete panel installed within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I installed my HVAC delete panel last night. It looks awesome....

  1. #1
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    HVAC Delete panel installed

    I installed my HVAC delete panel last night. It looks awesome.

    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    129

    pewter
    2002 ws6 trans am

    Wow there is room back there. It would almost be worth losing the air just to be able to change plugs without looking like I was in a fight with a cat.
    Last edited by hijinx; 01-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by hijinx View Post
    Wow there is room back there. It would almost be worth losing the air just to be able to change plugs without looking like I was in a fight with a cat.
    Yeah that is part of the reason I removed it, the other part was weight loss and my AC compressor was busted.

  4. #4
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    are you just going to run a loop on the two open spouts on the water pump since theres no longer a heater core for the hot coolant to pass through?

  5. #5
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    are you just going to run a loop on the two open spouts on the water pump since theres no longer a heater core for the hot coolant to pass through?
    Yes that is the plan once I get my ls6 engine installed since I messed up my block.

  6. #6
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Welcome to the club

  7. #7
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Welcome to the club
    Which club the no AC or I broke my block lol?

  8. #8
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Which club the no AC or I broke my block lol?
    No HVAC club...sorry about the block...I know about that too

  9. #9
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    It's cool I am getting a ls6 block and possibly a cam swap out of it. I am trying to decide if I want the studs pointing into the car or into the engine bay. They are pointing into the engine bay atm. I just need to delete my cruise control and ABS now. I would do power steering as well but I want to road race my car.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    But for the fact that I really like AC on a hot day... mine would be gone as well.

  11. #11
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    It's cool I am getting a ls6 block and possibly a cam swap out of it. I am trying to decide if I want the studs pointing into the car or into the engine bay. They are pointing into the engine bay atm. I just need to delete my cruise control and ABS now. I would do power steering as well but I want to road race my car.
    Have you seen pictures of my engine bay? Everything is gone.

  12. #12
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post

    Have you seen pictures of my engine bay? Everything is gone.
    I have and it looks nice. It is the look I am looking for except I am thinking keeping the power steering for RR unless it isn't necessary....I would think it would be necessary with all the turns? How hard is it to drive without it, like turning and everything?

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    But for the fact that I really like AC on a hot day... mine would be gone as well.
    Jeff, T-Tops and windows work wonders . That and not driving it on brutally hot days. The sweating will help with the weight loss and reduce trace times right? Not that I need to loose any but my car certainly could. So far my weight reduction mods are:!HVAC, WSQ hood (weighs only 10-15 lbs), Breathless Performance lights (weigh nothing compared to stock). I need to get them all wired up once I finish my engine swap.

    I am also thinking about going back to stock wheels and grind my 4 piston brembos to fit. I have seen it done. That or 18s that don't weigh much over 17s. How much do the stock 17s weigh?
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 04-04-2013 at 08:35 AM.

  13. #13
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I have and it looks nice. It is the look I am looking for except I am thinking keeping the power steering for RR unless it isn't necessary....I would think it would be necessary with all the turns? How hard is it to drive without it, like turning and everything?
    Once you're moving, it's as easy as having power steering. The only thing that sucks is parking. Also, the manual rack has a higher ratio gearbox, so the wheels move more for the same distance the wheel is turned. Lock to lock on my car is less than three revolutions as opposed to four with a normal car. Once my car is back on the road, I'll let you take her for a quick spin to see if you like it.

  14. #14
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Wonder if there is anyway to disable the power steering to see if I like it. In the mean time although your car will probably up before mine .

  15. #15
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Stock wheels and tires are around 55 lbs. each. I put them on the scale after buying a set of Bogarts for the track.

  16. #16
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Wonder if there is anyway to disable the power steering to see if I like it. In the mean time although your car will probably up before mine .
    Wouldn't be the same...you'll still have the stock ratio working against you.

  17. #17
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Stock wheels and tires are around 55 lbs. each. I put them on the scale after buying a set of Bogarts for the track.
    I am looking at are 24lbs for the front and 28lbs in the rear shipped weight. Wow these are lighter in the front than stock or at least the tires am going with are. The front tires weigh 27lbs and the rears weigh 30lbs but they are 315s.With tires weight for each front will be 51 and 58 in the back that is pretty good for non forged after market wheels that are 18x9.5 and 18x11. I actually come out 2lbs lighter lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Wouldn't be the same...you'll still have the stock ratio working against you.
    True. I only drive my car less than 1k miles a year so I think I won't really mind. But we will see.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 04-04-2013 at 04:58 PM.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Here are the wheel on the scale (I was off a bit on the stock wheel and tire) --

    Stock:




    Front runners (Bogart 15" x 4" with Hoosier front runners):




    Rear tires (Bogart 15" x 10" with Hoosier QTP's):


  19. #19
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,505

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Jeff, T-Tops and windows work wonders . That and not driving it on brutally hot days. The sweating will help with the weight loss and reduce trace times right?
    Ac delete only is nice when you live north of the Mason Dixie line.....for those of us that are South of it AC is a must other wise you'll dehydrate even at midnight.

  20. #20
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Jeff, T-Tops and windows work wonders . That and not driving it on brutally hot days. The sweating will help with the weight loss and reduce trace times right?
    Ac delete only is nice when you live north of the Mason Dixie line.....for those of us that are South of it AC is a must other wise you'll dehydrate even at midnight.
    I live south of it....but my Daytona has Ice cold AC and heated seats. So that is what I will drive on really cold or really hot days. That and I don't really get hot or cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: T/A Cluster & HVAC Control panel in Camaro
    By fbodyNATION in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
  2. UMI Performance New Product- 93-02 F-Body HVAC Delete Panel
    By UMI Performance in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
  3. radio and hvac delete plate/s
    By svc707 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
  4. Just installed LTs w/ EGR delete
    By Whiteboycntdnce in forum External Engine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM
  5. ANY PICS of HVAC/ headlight switch white face guages installed?
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •