how much to do a suade head liner?

This is a discussion on how much to do a suade head liner? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; just throwing the idea out and would like to get it done in next month, any pics and rough idea ...

white
    2002 z28

how much to do a suade head liner?

just throwing the idea out and would like to get it done in next month, any pics and rough idea of prices??

and how do you remove the head liner on these cars?

SILVER
    1998 Z28

I don't know about price but to take off headliner, I'm assuming you have t-tops, takeout t-tops, their are two screws on each side, take off both plastic trim pieces on each side, then pull out the plastic trim where seat belts goes in headliner (the headliner has a slit where seatbelt can slide out when removing), three screws in each sun-visor, take off back dome light cover, pop out the plastic retainer, then pop out large retainer located on t-top bar. I believe I got the headliner out without taking off quarter panel finish trim or just loosened enough at top where headliner goes, be careful with the retainers because they can break or ruin the headliner board (helps to have the retainer removal tool) however I got mine out with flathead screwdrivers and needle nose. The headliner board is fragile and brakes easily, so be careful and support the board when removing, I got mine out through the door with window down, door open and t-tops removed but it is recommended to go through the rear hatch when opened. The headliner cover appears to be glued on. Hope this helps.

white
    2002 z28

woooow great info, i decieded to suade my t top cover first, to get a idea then im doing this right after.

thanks

Thread Information