Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How to modify interior lighting with LED's.

This is a discussion on How to modify interior lighting with LED's. within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; are these leds for the guages? because if you guys are looking to replace the stock bulbs in the the ...

ya, I drive an import

intake/headers/exhaust
    2003 Nissan 350Z (black)

are these leds for the guages? because if you guys are looking to replace the stock bulbs in the the dome, map, license plate lights ... You could buy a 12LED bulb from superbrightleds.com ... In blue, red, green, UV. I have the blue ones in my 350z and they are bright as hell. I even stuck them into the license plate lights and parking lights in the headlight housing, attracts alot of attention.

I would post pics ... if only I knew how.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ok the thing is i really wanna do this, but im going to experiment first in my gf's car. shes got a 96 eclipse, does anyone know if they would use the same types of bulbs as our cars? i dont see why not? for now i only plan on doing the instrument panel and maybe guage cluster, so which bulbs do i use?

if they are the same bulbs, i dont understand where the numbers are on that site (superbrightLEDs.com) that site is kind of confusing, and is that site selling the bulbs with the resistor on them? could someone just explain in more detail how to get the correct bulbs

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

actually i followed a few links and realized i needed 74s and i found them, but then it sed i also needed DE3022's... wtf?

ya, I drive an import

intake/headers/exhaust
    2003 Nissan 350Z (black)

are you talking about the leds for the guage cluster ... because Im afraid I cant help you much their my friend. I was referring to the "wedge base bulbs" replaced with led ones - you know the maplights/license plate lights, etc.

However ... Superbrightleds.com has every single type of led you need (even those tiny 74's for you're cluster) ask people on here for the proper info, and then when you know what to buy, then go to superbrightleds.com ... they're quality is unmatched and theyre leds last forever. Ive replaced every single lighting in my 350Z with blue leds, its been almost 2 years now and no problems.

Hope all goes well ... later.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

thanks man! thats cool too, to hear from someone thats had them for a while. so yea, im going to experiment on my gf's eclipse, and see what its like. if i need 3022's, and 74s, (blue) can someone send me like direct links to [I]those[I] bulbs exactly... im pretty sure how many of each i need, im just kinda lost on that site...

ya, I drive an import

intake/headers/exhaust
    2003 Nissan 350Z (black)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...i?product=LEDS

I dont know which ones you're car requires, but once you know for sure, copy paste this link and it'll take you straight to the smaller LED's section.

as for the 74's ... copy paste the bottom link .. they've updated their site and now its confusing as hell.

(Page 2 ... 18th one down)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b....12304&next=50

P.S ... please make sure you find out exactly which LED's you're car requires, before you buy ... I have ordered wrong ones many times in the past and it's a bitch.

perhaps someone on these forums would be so kind as to guide our friend here in the right direction?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

how wrong could it be if i need 74s? wouldnt i jsut buy 74s? or is more complicated than that? btw, thanks man

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

whats the diff. between the 17th down and the 18th down

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Thumbs up

Exactly what I was lookin' fer'...thanks bro

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

bump? wtf is bump lol

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

it seems like its just used so that the thread comes up on the "new post" section. true? if so, then im bumpin this

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Ok, I go to the cross refernce chart by Sylvania and they say an 01' T/A uses 214-2 bulbs
    in the maplight & 214-2 or 561 in the dome lights.

I cross reference that number with Superbright's cross reference chart and it says to use a 4410 bulb,
    but the bulb from them that's a 4410 is a festoon mount...WTF???

Anyone have a late model T/A they have used these LED's in the interior on?

Red
    97 Z28

I replaced all my bulbs in my 97 Z28 and it looks way better.Except,the #74 led bulbs that go in the heat/ac and shifter indicator are too dim.I get better light with the regular bulbs??????

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

{FzS}BlackMagicK,
    I have a '02 TA with the 194 style bulbs in the map/glove box lights. I had to use a different type of Festoon bulb for my dome light. The one in my car has the end loops of wire on the end of the bulb (Festoon type 212-2). I used 194 style LEDs for the map, glove box, and guage lights from autolumination dot com. They offer many styles of 194 type bulbs. Since I've been on the site, the have added more. They also carry the 74 style bulbs for the HVAC controls

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1970 View Post
    {FzS}BlackMagicK,
    I have a '02 TA with the 194 style bulbs in the map/glove box lights. I had to use a different type of Festoon bulb for my dome light. The one in my car has the end loops of wire on the end of the bulb (Festoon type 212-2). I used 194 style LEDs for the map, glove box, and guage lights from autolumination dot com. They offer many styles of 194 type bulbs. Since I've been on the site, the have added more. They also carry the 74 style bulbs for the HVAC controls
    I just pulled my rear dome light out yesterday, odd mine is different from yours, it just has smooth metal at each end, no wire wrap ends. I think it's 44mm's but I'll measure it to be sure before I buy.

I got the 12 led lights in 194 form for the map lights in red, looks great. Now I need the rear dome.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

BlackMagicK,
    If you get a chance, post some pictures of 12 LEDs for the map light. I'm curious to see how bright they are. I've did my gauges, doors, and steering wheel controls in green. Might change over to a brighter map dome light. Thanks
    Dave1970
    SE Texas (High Island)
    2002 WS6 TA
    Strano Performance Sway Bars and Springs
    UMI Performance LCAs, PHB, Adj. TQ., drive shaft safety loop, & TA relocation bracket
    Koni SA shocks
    Textralia Clutch, T56Rebuilt Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ Lou Short Stick, & McLeod adj. master cylinder

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1970 View Post
    BlackMagicK,
    If you get a chance, post some pictures of 12 LEDs for the map light. I'm curious to see how bright they are. I've did my gauges, doors, and steering wheel controls in green. Might change over to a brighter map dome light. Thanks
    Here ya go, sorry about the quality...camera phone.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 09-07-2007 at 02:13 AM.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Thanks, I may get some of those 12 LEDs if they offer them in green. I'm also thinking of adding a blue needle kit to my gauges. The red is darker at night since I've changed my cluster over to green. I think your dome light is the 214 Festoon style. I found some on ebay for my application, just wasn't bright enough in green. May look into doing my own LED circuit board for that application later this summer.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

so roughly, what is the total cost of replacing almost all interior lights with leds?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

ATCharming,
    I believe you can do the total interior for under $50. If you change the color of the instrument cluster then you will need to add the cost of a Camaro gauge cluster. They range in price on ebay and savage yards. I was able to pick up a Camaro SS cluster for $60 including shipping. So it can be done from about 50 to say 120 dollars depending. Hope this helps. Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information