Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which Hood, Your Opinion Matters

This is a discussion on Which Hood, Your Opinion Matters within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro Didnt buy the car so dont have the build sheet but it was on the options ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Didnt buy the car so dont have the build sheet but it was on the options list on the sheet. Plus if you think no camaros were made that are mild exceptions to the actual production options you are mistaken. Think back to older camaros with rare options they do exist in 4th gen also. Plus dont need proof I build camaros for a living and my word is good if your a doubter type on here than fine.
    That's fine. To each his own!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

#2 gets my vote.
    (2002 SS 6spd) SLP lid & scoop,NX wet kit & maf, NGK-TR6,160',MSD,Kooks LT & y-pipe,SLP Dual center exhaust,cut-out,tuning SUSPENSION Chromoly k-member, Chromoly adjustable upper and lower a-arms,koni s-adj,Eibach sport springs,Wilwood brakes,SB,BSK,TA,TAB,SFC,PHB,ST,18x9.5&18x10.5, Nittos

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Didnt buy the car so dont have the build sheet but it was on the options list on the sheet. Plus if you think no camaros were made that are mild exceptions to the actual production options you are mistaken. Think back to older camaros with rare options they do exist in 4th gen also. Plus dont need proof I build camaros for a living and my word is good if your a doubter type on here than fine.
    Probably an SLP option....not a GM option.

Meaning there is no RPO code for the 3.73's.
    GU2 2.73 Rear
    GU5 3.23 Rear
    GU6 3.42 Rear

After a quick scan...I didn't see any RWD 3.73's from GM.
    http://www.drivetrain.com/GMtrkratio_posidata.html

Not that it matters...since both the hoods in the original post are still ugly.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Probably an SLP option....not a GM option.

Meaning there is no RPO code for the 3.73's.
    GU2 2.73 Rear
    GU5 3.23 Rear
    GU6 3.42 Rear

After a quick scan...I didn't see any RWD 3.73's from GM.
    http://www.drivetrain.com/GMtrkratio_posidata.html

Not that it matters...since both the hoods in the original post are still ugly.
    I've looked at those charts myself searching before at that site and have built dozens of fbody 10 bolts and still have never seen 3.73's except on that car and yes definately an slp optioned rear. It said on the actual dealer options sticker 3.73's but i didnt look at g code. Under normal circumstances I am aware of max of 3.42 usually but saw and drove car with my own eyes brand new.
    You guys are aware of 02 copo gmmg berger chevrolet ls6 and 427 dick harrel zl1 camaros also im sure. Only 69 made all sold in advance. Will be like the copo yenkos of the future. Sold through dealer. Technically the late model ss is like a old school copo also since slp mods them offsite from dealer.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

did you guys look at the stingray
    sunoco and 3 inch ss for 98-02 they are pretty badd.
    had my eye on stingray for awhile.http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/932001camaro.htm

maroon
    2002 Camaro

im not talking bout in just camaros i mean all the ss were the origanal bad ass look at the ss chevelle and nova those were fun cars

White
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I have the 4 port on my white SS. Not painted yet, but it's really high quality, nice fit. I get a lot of complements even with it being primer gray.

black
    99 formula firebird

+1 for the sunoco hood

black
    99 formula firebird

if i ever sell my formula and get a z28 the first thing is a sunoco hood and TT2s

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by QtrWhore View Post
    if i ever sell my formula and get a z28 the first thing is a sunoco hood and TT2s
    yea that sunoco hood is sick especially for something a little different i've never seen anyone on the street with any of those hoods on that site.

10's N/A

did you guys look at the stingray
    sunoco and 3 inch ss for 98-02 they are pretty badd.
    had my eye on stingray for awhile.http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/932001camaro.htm
    The Stingray is basically a '98-02 version of the "Big Block Hood" from American Sports Car Design. LT1 guys were rockin' this hood back in the very early part of the millenium. http://www.americansportscardesigns....n_camaro.shtml

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    The Stingray is basically a '98-02 version of the "Big Block Hood" from American Sports Car Design. LT1 guys were rockin' this hood back in the very early part of the millenium. http://www.americansportscardesigns....n_camaro.shtml
    yes seen it on lt1 in mags a long time ago then they came out with it for ls1 sometime back. It's a pretty cool hood if you want something different than ss.

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

I am so sick of seeing threads with "Help me choose a hood, I am so desperate for other people to tell me what to go with..."!

Go with a hood that YOU LIKE! Everybody is gonna have an opinion and NO MATTER what Hood you go with, there is going to be people who say that it Sucks or that it is Gay! I say stop depending on other people's opinion and go with your OWN!

I do agree with BlwnCamaro, the Stingray hoods are Bad Ass! IMO!

1998 WS7 T/A M6| SLP:Lid,Line Lock,LM Exhaust w/ORY,Skip Shift| Pacesetter LT| 80mm BBK TB| Centerforce LS6 Clutch| Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential| MAC Diff.Carrier Girdle| 3:73 Gears| Spohn Cntrl Arms| Hotchkis Adj PHB| H&R Lowering Sp.Springs| NX 150 Shot Direct Port|More Mods... FQuick Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information