Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

which hood for new body work?????

This is a discussion on which hood for new body work????? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; what did vfn hire you to say that on this forum i didnt say they completly sucked just that they ...

  1. #21
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    what did vfn hire you to say that on this forum i didnt say they completly sucked just that they said 3-5 days not 5 weeks and im completly happy with with the one from sw6 store

  2. #22
    TheBigONE
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29

    Blue
    2001 Formula

    Yes they hired me....I'm a VFN Spy. haha right. i wish, could use the extra money!
    could have fooled me though calling them fuckers and that they lied and for no one to order from them. But regardless its good that you got your hood and that your happy with it, thats all that counts man, hood looks good!

  3. #23
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    thanks and come home safe bro ive done 30 months myself so i know what u mean and your gonna get a hard on when u drive ur car again trust me

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lombard
    Posts
    6
    Hi.
    I just wanted to jump in here and explain a bit about our ordering process.
    Because we make so many parts and have 100's of orders in production, it is extremely difficult to keep much of anything in stock and ready to go. Most of our products are made as ordered, and we do not hide this fact or "lie" about it. We tell EVERY customer prior to ordering product, it is in red and underlined right on top of our catalog section of the website and we finish up our ordering process again reminding our customer about the production time.
    I remember your order - if I remember correctly, you ordered through another company who in turn ordered through us. We told this company about our 4-6 week we had at the time....it does not make us "f'n liars" if this company in turn told you 4-5 Days instead of weeks. That is no fault of our company and we make our production time very clear to everyone who orders from us.
    Not to put undertow on the spot, but he recently ordered from us - you can ask him if we explained our production schedule to him - which I did through email and a sales rep again explained when he ordered.
    Because our parts are made to order, it allows us to put excellent workmanship and care into each product we make. Because of this, our products are extremely popular and makes it hard to keep anything in stock. We have a 20,000 sqft facility and we're still unable to have much in stock.
    That says something right there why people are willing to wait for their product from us. Not to mention our customer service. I'm typing this from the nmca/nmra superbowl in Joliet IL, and when I look around 90% of cars here have our products on their cars. We have also been featured in every magazine available for car enthusiasts. The majority of people here stop by to shake our hands and tell us how much they love our product and job well done.
    It's great that it worked out for you and I'm happy to hear that you got the hood you needed right away...but please don't bash us without explaining the entire story and how you ordered through another company that then ordered through us.
    About our website, I'm sorry to hear that you would choose another company because their website is more fancy then ours. I am not bashing any company in any way...but we like to keep our website simple - many of our customers prefer this and can find something easily without browsing through the entire site. It also keeps our guy in the back working on our great products instead of our website. Most companies have premade layouts (much like our performance site).
    Sorry to hear that you believe a simple easy to use site is trashy....it works for us and for many of our customers who are not as computer savvy.

  5. #25
    Member LSx Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    amarillo, texas
    Age
    40
    Posts
    296

    All colors
    1993-2002

    Personally, I liked your site. Like you said, it is great for us tech challenged people. The K.I.S.S. moto.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaniek View Post
    Hi.
    I just wanted to jump in here and explain a bit about our ordering process.
    Because we make so many parts and have 100's of orders in production, it is extremely difficult to keep much of anything in stock and ready to go. Most of our products are made as ordered, and we do not hide this fact or "lie" about it. We tell EVERY customer prior to ordering product, it is in red and underlined right on top of our catalog section of the website and we finish up our ordering process again reminding our customer about the production time.
    I remember your order - if I remember correctly, you ordered through another company who in turn ordered through us. We told this company about our 4-6 week we had at the time....it does not make us "f'n liars" if this company in turn told you 4-5 Days instead of weeks. That is no fault of our company and we make our production time very clear to everyone who orders from us.
    Not to put undertow on the spot, but he recently ordered from us - you can ask him if we explained our production schedule to him - which I did through email and a sales rep again explained when he ordered.
    Because our parts are made to order, it allows us to put excellent workmanship and care into each product we make. Because of this, our products are extremely popular and makes it hard to keep anything in stock. We have a 20,000 sqft facility and we're still unable to have much in stock.
    That says something right there why people are willing to wait for their product from us. Not to mention our customer service. I'm typing this from the nmca/nmra superbowl in Joliet IL, and when I look around 90% of cars here have our products on their cars. We have also been featured in every magazine available for car enthusiasts. The majority of people here stop by to shake our hands and tell us how much they love our product and job well done.
    It's great that it worked out for you and I'm happy to hear that you got the hood you needed right away...but please don't bash us without explaining the entire story and how you ordered through another company that then ordered through us.
    About our website, I'm sorry to hear that you would choose another company because their website is more fancy then ours. I am not bashing any company in any way...but we like to keep our website simple - many of our customers prefer this and can find something easily without browsing through the entire site. It also keeps our guy in the back working on our great products instead of our website. Most companies have premade layouts (much like our performance site).
    Sorry to hear that you believe a simple easy to use site is trashy....it works for us and for many of our customers who are not as computer savvy.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lombard
    Posts
    6
    Thanks!
    It's great for me as well, and I'm on the computer all day
    Last edited by jeaniek; 07-20-2008 at 12:06 PM.

  7. #27
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    i never judged this company by their web site (vfn). i just said they TOLD ME 3-5 DAYS NOT WEEKS AND MY PAINT SHOP HAD TOLD ME 3-5 DAYS ALSO THATS TWO CONFIRMATIONS ON THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET THE HOOD!! i had to cancel insurance would not cover more days on my car in at the pait shop there for i had to re-order and wait an additional 5 days in a mit. galant rental ! but u guys can stick to your story,and my shop and and i are liars we just imagined u saying it !! and i dont say you make bad products! just that i was not happy with u guys!

  8. #28
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    [QUOTE=QKSLVR99;1524876]lol another dissatisfied customer hearing that alot lately.... I used to think they were a good shop.



    not just me!

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lombard
    Posts
    6
    "Because we make so many parts VFN is unable to stock everything. Our Current Time frame is at 4 to 5 Weeks to ship your parts. . Please keep in mind Shipping and Handling (Box or Crate) is Extra and will vary depending on your location. All Truck Items are sent freight collect and UPS shipping is prepaid. Prices on this website can be subject to change without notice Due to the rising costs of our raw materials (Petroleum Based)"

    This is in RED and UNDERLINED on the very front of our website in the catalog section, it is also stated in our price sheet that we mail out to customers and over the phone when our customers contact us. I am sure that you checked the hood out on the site prior to ordering...
    Again proving we do not lie about our time frame. Enough Said.

    You did not order direct from us, so I have no idea what your body shop told you - ok...so I have an idea since you had to cancel your hood because of the time frame...but that cannot be held against us. I'm not here to bash anyone, only to tell our side of the story - which is that you did not order direct, and we do not state we have "days" for production time.
    So if you could please stop bashing us for something that is not our fault that would be greatly appreciated. You don't see us going around calling you names and bashing you on any forums because of this or the way you were handling yourself with our reps. Please grow up a little.

    Another unhappy customer?? If people are misinformed about a situation like this one , thats how opinions are made, the only reason I posted here is because I Know the truth about your order and I can see we were getting a bad rap for something we did not do.
    Last edited by jeaniek; 07-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.

  10. #30
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    lol!

  11. #31
    Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    TEXAS... U mad?
    Posts
    6,158

    Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

    Quote Originally Posted by tingo99 View Post
    alright these fu*$#rs lied to me i called and asked how long the hood would be to get to my shop and they said 3-5 days later i call to ask sup they say 5-6 weeks to make so WS6 store is def. better this is the link DONT ORDER FROM HERE EVERYONE!!!!!!!
    http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/9301firebird.htm
    looks like bashing to me...

  12. #32
    Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    TEXAS... U mad?
    Posts
    6,158

    Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

    did you order DIRECTLY FROM VFN?????

  13. #33
    infantryman tingo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MODESTO CALI.
    Posts
    135

    white
    1999 trans am

    yes i did then i went to ws6 store im guess im bashing but hey i wasnt happy and it was in the heat of the moment lol i dont care and i havent lied about anything so everyone can take it how they want!!

  14. #34
    Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    TEXAS... U mad?
    Posts
    6,158

    Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

    Hmmm. Well, if you did order directly from VFN, and was missinformed by THEM, then rant justified.

  15. #35
    Junior Member CHRIZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pocahontas, AR
    Posts
    26

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by tingo99 View Post
    yes i did then i went to ws6 store im guess im bashing but hey i wasnt happy and it was in the heat of the moment lol i dont care and i havent lied about anything so everyone can take it how they want!!
    Thought you said it was ordered through a company in Illinois, and that they ordered from VFN?... I'd be aggravated at the shop that told you days. Sometimes good parts have to be waited for. Just hate seeing a bashing thats not justified.

    Chris
    Loving Memory:Tim Huddleston "HOTHAWK" Great Father and my Best Friend

  16. #36
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16
    And I thought I was the only one with VFN issues, I feel for ya. heres mine complete with photos, take alook I bet your happy you went another route.

    VFN HOODS "Buyers beware

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lombard
    Posts
    6
    And I thought ls1tech was the only board that had problems with you.
    Ls1.com meet oldskoolracer....sponsors beware.

    Here's the link to his posts:
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...=1#post9939384

    Judge for yourself.

  18. #38
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16
    And I thought I was the only person you screwed over last week, DAM I was wrong again, LS1.com meet VFN, better read my post and LOOK REAL CLOSE at the VFN hood photos/quality we got from them. Well like I said on Tech, Unless your independently wealth dont worry about it, but if you get up every morning and work hard for your money take a look. Trust me VFN has more comebacks and excuess to ever question you will ever ask. So now you JUDGE for yourself. Whats up Jeanie truth HURT!!!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolrcr View Post
    And I thought I was the only person you screwed over last week, DAM I was wrong again, LS1.com meet VFN, better read my post and LOOK REAL CLOSE at the VFN hood photos/quality we got from them. Well like I said on Tech, Unless your independently wealth dont worry about it, but if you get up every morning and work hard for your money take a look. Trust me VFN has more comebacks and excuess to ever question you will ever ask. So now you JUDGE for yourself. Whats up Jeanie truth HURT!!!
    I like their comeback where they offered to stop at your place while on vacation with their families to get your hood to fit properly....I could just picture their children sitting their while their dad works on your hood. Oh and do you have any updated pictures??? I've never seen an after market hood fit perfectly the first time you put it on. If your updated pictures prove to show a bad hood then so be it and i am sure VFN would do anything they could to make you happy as they have done for so many in the passed.

    to the OP, VFN has been VERY clear about the time it takes to process an order. Due to the high volume of orders they have they cant keep up on production. Why do they have such a high volume, because the have a quality product with quality customer service, most people are more then willing to wait that long for one of their hoods. Its virtually common knowledge that it takes a few weeks to complete your hood. I SERIOUSLY doubt a single person at VFN told you a few days. If WS6 store or someone else told you a few days, then that is on them, not VFN.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tingo99 View Post
    yea i ended up ordering from the shop in illinois, bause it was 30 bucks ckeaper and came with the grill also with was 50 bucks extra on the ws6 store so im happy, i just picked my color today its gonna be all white again but a pearl blushish white that u only see from diff algles and at night its gonna look sick!! now i just need some wheels and my outside is done
    wait, you say right here that you ordered it from another shop and not directly from VFN...Are you saying you called VFN, they told you 3-5 days and then you ordered it from a different shop?? ya, thats not adding up. If the other shop told you 3-5 days then be pissed at them. As i said before its common knowledge VFN in back ordered and they are very open about it. THEY KNOW how long it is going to take to process, i seriously doubt any rep at VFN told you 3-5 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ram air hood... Does it work, or just looks?
    By knightryda01 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 06:47 PM
  2. body work
    By 00z28bubba in forum Western Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
  3. How does the Ultra Z hood work?
    By Black02LS1 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 01:08 AM
  5. Will Volant intake work with ASCD hood?
    By Marc '99T/A in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 06:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •