Thread: hid's in fog

man_of_steel83

hid's in fog

hey guys, im sure some of you have experienced driving your cars with hid's in city's with fog.... how did the lights perform and where there any problems as far as blinding people more than usual cause of the fog and all ?

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

If they are retrofitted in Projector housings, it shouldn't be a problem, but introducing HID's in a regular reflector housing will pose problems from Cast Off, an alot of Glare.

I would PM VIP1 and ask him, he is the resident "Lighting Expert".

-Justin

1998 WS7 T/A M6| SLP:Lid,Line Lock,LM Exhaust w/ORY,Skip Shift| Pacesetter LT| 80mm BBK TB| Centerforce LS6 Clutch| Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential| MAC Diff.Carrier Girdle| 3:73 Gears| Spohn Cntrl Arms| Hotchkis Adj PHB| H&R Lowering Sp.Springs| NX 150 Shot Direct Port|More Mods... FQuick Page

Light pewter metallic
    2001 ss

if i may ask, where does everyone get there hid's at.. just wondering. thanks.

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Shit, pay no attention to my above posting...wasn't thinking straight and I thought it was for Headlights! For Fogs, its low enough that it shouldn't pose much problems, I have PIAA 4300K Xtreme White/Blue Xenon bulbs in my fogs, and they don't piss off any on coming traffic and they are nice and bright!

HID's can be had through various vendors....a place alot of people go is LEDGauges.com or Ebay...if you search ebay, do a name search for 'HID King' their stuff is really good, and the prices you cant beat with a stick!
    LED Gauges is a bad ass place, and their customers will back them up with their products, which are phenomenal!

-Justin

man_of_steel83

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elanorss View Post
    if i may ask, where does everyone get there hid's at.. just wondering. thanks.
    I've have gotten all my kits from ebaymotors.com. around 78 bucks
    this is the seller and exact kits that i've been getting.. there bad ass

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...3286.m14.l1318

Thread Information