Results 1 to 17 of 17

Hiding Wiring???

This is a discussion on Hiding Wiring??? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; At the risk of looking stupid... Where are you all hiding your wiring under the hood? I'm talking about the ...

  1. #1
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Hiding Wiring???

    At the risk of looking stupid... Where are you all hiding your wiring under the hood?

    I'm talking about the the wiring harness that runs over the inner fender wells. I'l be installing some headers here in the next couple weeks, then I am gonna start on making the engine bay look good.
    Nut

    2002 Z28

    Track History
    5-10-08 13.522 @ 106.59 72 degrees ~ Stock? No Mods? (this is how I bought it)
    6-14-08 13.577 @ 106.71 93 degrees ~ SLP Lid, Smooth Bellow, and Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
    Next Race: I'm done for this season...be back next year!

  2. #2
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    search... drill mod i believe.. you drill a hole in your fender and feed the wires through it.. takes about 15 minutes..

  3. #3
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    search... drill mod i believe.. you drill a hole in your fender and feed the wires through it.. takes about 15 minutes..
    Thanks, I searched on here for about 20minutes before I posted, but couldn't find anything.

  4. #4
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    search... drill mod i believe.. you drill a hole in your fender and feed the wires through it.. takes about 15 minutes..
    I don't think that is it... The "Drill Mod" only came up with stuff for the clutch.

  5. #5
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  6. #6
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    That is awsome...I was gonna pm you cuz I knew you had it done...Your engine bay is beautifull!

  7. #7
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    That is awsome...I was gonna pm you cuz I knew you had it done...Your engine bay is beautifull!
    Thanks and glad to help you

  8. #8
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    I don't think that is it... The "Drill Mod" only came up with stuff for the clutch.
    exacto those are two different mods the mod you're interested in doing is the "wire mod" I did it and was very nervous about drilling a hole in my car simply because it seems so detremental to do that to a beautiful car but afterwards you realize its well worth it... should have been done from factory...

    word of advice place the whole as far forward and up as possible otherwise taking your pcm out with those wires going through that hole will be damn near impossible...

    heres a shot of my engine bay


    1:10 for engine bay.

  9. #9
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    you can either take your hood off.. or take the tire off and jack it up.. i jacked mine up and took the tire off... it was really easy that way.. sorry, dont know why i said drill mod?? brain fart..

  10. #10
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouvs View Post
    exacto those are two different mods the mod you're interested in doing is the "wire mod" I did it and was very nervous about drilling a hole in my car simply because it seems so detremental to do that to a beautiful car but afterwards you realize its well worth it... should have been done from factory...

    word of advice place the whole as far forward and up as possible otherwise taking your pcm out with those wires going through that hole will be damn near impossible...

    heres a shot of my engine bay


    1:10 for engine bay.

    Sweet vid...Sweet ride!!! I like where you put the line locks. I was gonna mount the exhaust cut out switch there.

  11. #11
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    you can either take your hood off.. or take the tire off and jack it up.. i jacked mine up and took the tire off... it was really easy that way.. sorry, dont know why i said drill mod?? brain fart..
    did mine the same way... drilled up from the inside with some very carefull measurements...

  12. #12
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    Sweet vid...Sweet ride!!! I like where you put the line locks. I was gonna mount the exhaust cut out switch there.
    thanks alot man, ya I was quite happy with the result of putting it there I was scepticle for a bit but once I had in place it looked good... I'll probably be putting my exhaust cutout switch right below it too

  13. #13
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    exacto those are two different mods the mod you're interested in doing is the "wire mod" I did it and was very nervous about drilling a hole in my car simply because it seems so detremental to do that to a beautiful car but afterwards you realize its well worth it... should have been done from factory...

    word of advice place the whole as far forward and up as possible otherwise taking your pcm out with those wires going through that hole will be damn near impossible...

    heres a shot of my engine bay


    1:10 for engine bay.
    bouvs! Get rid of the belt/cat diagram and the sticker on the intake deck lid.

  14. #14
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    bouvs! Get rid of the belt/cat diagram and the sticker on the intake deck lid.
    lol its on the to do list Jaison don't worry when are you going to come out with more products for me to put under there ?

  15. #15
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    thanks alot man, ya I was quite happy with the result of putting it there I was scepticle for a bit but once I had in place it looked good... I'll probably be putting my exhaust cutout switch right below it too
    I think I'm gonna go your route with the Line Locks...I have an idea for the cut out switch. Since I never turn off the fog lights, why do I need that switch. I'm gonna wire the lights direct and use that switch for the cut outs. If you look at the emblem on the switch, it even looks kinda like exhaust fumes coming out the pipe...lol

  16. #16
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by nut6778 View Post
    I think I'm gonna go your route with the Line Locks...I have an idea for the cut out switch. Since I never turn off the fog lights, why do I need that switch. I'm gonna wire the lights direct and use that switch for the cut outs. If you look at the emblem on the switch, it even looks kinda like exhaust fumes coming out the pipe...lol
    lol interesting idea I like it should turn out pretty damn good

  17. #17
    Work..Eat..Sleep..Repeat nut6778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bethalto, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

    We'll see. I'm not gonna be doing any more work to the car until I park it for the winter. So I got a little while to come up with a good plan for it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ipod hiding location
    By raynor139 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 09:55 PM
  2. Showing or hiding license plates?
    By denegrader in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
  3. help hiding amps
    By seweber in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM
  4. Where are the louisiana members hiding
    By BlueZ01 in forum Southern Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
  5. The things Hussein Obama is hiding
    By snuffster in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •