Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HID Reviews.

This is a discussion on HID Reviews. within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert Then you really don't want much blue. 5000k is probaby what you need. With ...

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Then you really don't want much blue.

5000k is probaby what you need. With 55 watts you would light up everything.
    well Jack said that the 55W wouldnt fit in his fogs...said theyd be too long?
    but would that be a problem with my TA's fogs since the housing is so much larger?
    and would 5K be that much brighter than 6k? id like to have a little blue, but i dont have the luxury of choosing two different Ks because all of my light are on at the same time...rather than the camaros whose low's go off when you flip on the hi's.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well Jack said that the 55W wouldnt fit in his fogs...said theyd be too long?
    but would that be a problem with my TA's fogs since the housing is so much larger?
    and would 5K be that much brighter than 6k? id like to have a little blue, but i dont have the luxury of choosing two different Ks because all of my light are on at the same time...rather than the camaros whose low's go off when you flip on the hi's.
    i have 55w's in my fogs and yes it took a little caressing to get them to go in but they work great. as far as ta's i have not a clue

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by gotws6 View Post
    carhidkits.com
    Nope. doesnt come with the housing....i wish i could find somewhere that sold just the housing...then i could get the HIDs from HIDKIT

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

Well, i just purchased my HID's from ddmtuning. I ordered 55w 5k for the hi's and 35w 8k for the lo's and fogs.

Several reviews i read warned me that the 55w bulb was to big to fit in the fog lights, and i decided to not take the chance. I think i'd prefer the less intense brightness, and more of the color on those lights anyway; save the useful crystal white for my hi's.

Black
    '98 Z28

Why would you get HIDs for the highs? I've had my HIDs for over a year now and have never used the highs. I've never even thought to use the highs.

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

Do you live in a city or something? I live in BFE.

By the way, currently without a radar detector, im sure 55w 5k HID's will do a pretty good job at helping me catch a reflection of a parked police during the night where I live.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Why would you get HIDs for the highs? I've had my HIDs for over a year now and have never used the highs. I've never even thought to use the highs.
    for a camaro. there isnt really a need i suppose...except for a change in color maybe?

for a firebird/formula/ta. our low's always stay on...so when we turn on the brights...that would just make it that much brighter...
    downfall is that we'd have to match 'em all or else it would look dumb with 2 or 3 different colored lights (IMO)

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Did you order the harness?

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    Do you live in a city or something? I live in BFE.

By the way, currently without a radar detector, im sure 55w 5k HID's will do a pretty good job at helping me catch a reflection of a parked police during the night where I live.
    No, I live about 15 miles south of Tampa, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Smack right between tomato fields, cows, and longhorns.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Not sure what brand mine are since I tossed the boxes but I paid between 40 and 50 a set off the same guy on eBay for all my cats and a couple customers and all are 35w 6000k in my trailblazer lows, TA lows and fogs, tiburon lows, and bi.xenon for my 93 5.0 and have had them all for.yrs now. Just make sure you mount the ballast well and you should have no issues. Slim new style tend to be better so so I'm told most of mine are 1st gen style big ballast sin slim digital ones weren't out yet. As long as you install them right mostly plug and play wiring they will last.
    6000k are pure white with a slight blue tint hardly noticeable. Anything over $80 a set is expensive .

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

DDM costs about $50 per kit including a harness. It ended up being like $152, then another $21 for shipping.

Impounded
    well i read that HID TA write up by Dagersh. im impressed. and i think ill get the housings from LMCtrucks and the 55w 6000K hi/low/fogs and do the foglight mod where they stay on all the time. $88 for the four housings...

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=65

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

for a camaro. there isnt really a need i suppose...except for a change in color maybe?

for a firebird/formula/ta. our low's always stay on...so when we turn on the brights...that would just make it that much brighter...
    downfall is that we'd have to match 'em all or else it would look dumb with 2 or 3 different colored lights (IMO)
    yeah i havent used my highs since i got my HID's and there is really no need to IMO unless you are night blind i guess

well i read that HID TA write up by Dagersh. im impressed. and i think ill get the housings from LMCtrucks and the 55w 6000K hi/low/fogs and do the foglight mod where they stay on all the time. $88 for the four housings...

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=65
    yeah i read that write-up too and i may use the wiring tips that he noted so that i dont have those ugly ass plugs every where

Impounded
    yeah. well ill probably put this car up in storage by fall 2012 and leave it there until i have money to completely restore it and do some upgrades.. :sigh:
    not only because i want it to be safe for the coming of the end of the world..
    but by then i should have enough money to get a 2007ish GTO/Corvette/350Z/Tahoe or some kind of newer DD bahaha!!!!!!

and then i wake up...
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 11-18-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information