Thread: Hawk Halos

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

Hawk Halos

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...meorblack.aspx

Anyone have any feedback on these? I know alot of you guys have gotten yours off ebay but the price seem right, any input on if i should get a set ofo the black ones for my black ss?

Black
    1999 Z28, 1979 Vette

I have a similar set of black halo headlights, overall they look pretty good IMO but they do come with a couple of negative side effects, the light beam from the low beams is somewhat reduced in distance and wideness and I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs installed wich have a somewhat higher brightness and intensity than a standard halogen bulb and it still doesn't shine as far or as wide as the factory stock housings did, the other bad thing about them they don't seem to be all that high quality they are not aligned when you put them in so you have to spend awhile adjusting the level of the beams just to get it to aim straight, it is kind of a hassle that I wouldn't want to do over again, it just pretty much comes down to if you like the way they look and if you feel like dealing with the negatives then go for it but if you are hesitant at all I would probably just save your money for something else, hope that helps you.

here is a pic of them on my car

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

I've got the clear ones and I like them.... I only wish the halo could be a little brighter the pic makes them look brighter then they are.... but that's fine....

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

gold Z28 v8

Quote Originally Posted by RickZ2899 View Post
    I have a similar set of black halo headlights, overall they look pretty good IMO but they do come with a couple of negative side effects, the light beam from the low beams is somewhat reduced in distance and wideness and I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs installed wich have a somewhat higher brightness and intensity than a standard halogen bulb and it still doesn't shine as far or as wide as the factory stock housings did, the other bad thing about them they don't seem to be all that high quality they are not aligned when you put them in so you have to spend awhile adjusting the level of the beams just to get it to aim straight, it is kind of a hassle that I wouldn't want to do over again, it just pretty much comes down to if you like the way they look and if you feel like dealing with the negatives then go for it but if you are hesitant at all I would probably just save your money for something else, hope that helps you.

here is a pic of them on my car
    Click for full size
    YOURS ARE COOL WHERE DID YOU GET THEM FROM ? ebay ?

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro22 View Post
    http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...meorblack.aspx

Anyone have any feedback on these? I know alot of you guys have gotten yours off ebay but the price seem right, any input on if i should get a set ofo the black ones for my black ss?
    Thats where I bought mine from, and I haven't had any problems out of them or anything. I love'em!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Overall the halos look good IMO, but if i were you i would get the ones with the single halos not the dual ones. They just look better to me.

5.7NSIDE, have you ever thought of painting your grill black?

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    5.7NSIDE, have you ever thought of painting your grill black?
    Yea I considered it, and I've also had some other people suggest it as well. It's only been on my car for about 2 months now.

Thread Information