Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hard top to T top

This is a discussion on Hard top to T top within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Iyyob i have had a hardtop and i have t tops. IMO T-tops are alot better and ...

pewter
    2000 ss slp

Quote Originally Posted by Iyyob View Post
    i have had a hardtop and i have t tops. IMO T-tops are alot better and the frame is just as stiff when there in place. If it wernt for my ttops i would never have been able 2 fit my flatscreen in the car Put what money u have on it not lookin good and u will be broke and i'll buy a few drinks next time i go out. Rather than hatein on things you know nothing of (my "homemade" conversion) look me up i often post on tech and lsxnation, im the only widebody carbon fiber camaro i have seen or u can look me up in the how to section under the CTS-V brake section i was one of the 1st to do that ( and your answer to the rotors question will be there ) im not hard to find. If hard tops are rare its for a reason ... its just not as cool likda like rat tails, bowl cuts, and mullets. i under stand if u may be older and not have hair for the wind to blow in and mabe u and your wife like to keep the ac on while u go to walmart. im less than 1/2 your age and love to cruse down the beach w/ a few hotties its wide open when i take the tops out and the rear window down.i enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. this car is a toy and toys IMO should be fun. when i put my shades in you can hardly tell its got t tops. on a side note i see u like harleys ... i have another toy my ninja. in closing i was just tryin to lead OP in the direction HE WANTED .

a few pics of my shitty home made job w/ tops in and out
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Flame away ... flame away
    love your hatch what is it?? called how much ???

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I got a quote today $600 for a t-top roof...I have bubbles on my t-top so I went to the dealer the body guy said when it is all said and done $600 even

If you are talking about the bubbles that erupt in the sail panel they can not be properly fixed without replacing the panel. The adhesive utilized at the factory bleeds through and lifts the paint from underneath. A re-paint is only a temporary fix. See: Replacement Roof Panel

NBM
    2001 Z28

Thats why I asked. My panels are bubbling pretty bad and I figured if I had to replace the panels why not just make me a T Top.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZ01 View Post
    Thats why I asked. My panels are bubbling pretty bad and I figured if I had to replace the panels why not just make me a T Top.
    the bubbles are between the t tops and the rear window that is what these guys are talking about.

black
    02 vette vert

i have had a hardtop and i have t tops. IMO T-tops are alot better and the frame is just as stiff when there in place. If it wernt for my ttops i would never have been able 2 fit my flatscreen in the car Put what money u have on it not lookin good and u will be broke and i'll buy a few drinks next time i go out. Rather than hatein on things you know nothing of (my "homemade" conversion) look me up i often post on tech and lsxnation, im the only widebody carbon fiber camaro i have seen or u can look me up in the how to section under the CTS-V brake section i was one of the 1st to do that ( and your answer to the rotors question will be there ) im not hard to find. If hard tops are rare its for a reason ... its just not as cool likda like rat tails, bowl cuts, and mullets. i under stand if u may be older and not have hair for the wind to blow in and mabe u and your wife like to keep the ac on while u go to walmart. im less than 1/2 your age and love to cruse down the beach w/ a few hotties its wide open when i take the tops out and the rear window down.i enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. this car is a toy and toys IMO should be fun. when i put my shades in you can hardly tell its got t tops. on a side note i see u like harleys ... i have another toy my ninja. in closing i was just tryin to lead OP in the direction HE WANTED .

a few pics of my shitty home made job w/ tops in and out
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Flame away ... flame away
    jesus! does that hurt when your panties get all twisted up like that? i was just saying that most times a job like that doesnt come out as good as factory, but the person who did it is proud of their work and usually doesnt see the differences. i've seen that kind of thing lots of times. i never said it was a shitty job. if yours really did come out that good just say so. big deal. and accusing me of shopping at wal-mart is fightin' words. the rest of it is just retard talk so i wont feel obgligated to tell you how much hair i have etc.

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

I <3 walmart. I didn't say u go shoppin for clothes/shoes, mabe yalll shop @ costco or united. I still <3 walmart most. And thx for the complement, I didn't mean 2 come off that way. I do get touchie sometimes when I 1st got the car it was for the most part just a wrecked lt1 chassie and I got hell from all sides... then then I got the front end together it was primer ... I got hell... then when I said I was gonna cut the top ..guess what ... more hell... I guess I just didn't get much support to try new things so when I see ppl that want to and I know it can be done and ppl say otherwise or not to when it has 0 adverse effects it kinda bother me a tad.
    I <3 my maro and will fight when ppl talk about it. I have broke up /w 3 girls caus of it. They know better now lol

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by sscharged View Post
    cut it like the vette sport tops and the fast and furious that supra in the end thats just a fuzz cooler then t-tops!!!!
    Soon ..... very soon I hope, just waiting for 6LE's guy to finish up the carbon cover I think ...

black
    02 vette vert

I <3 walmart. I didn't say u go shoppin for clothes/shoes, mabe yalll shop @ costco or united. I still <3 walmart most. And thx for the complement, I didn't mean 2 come off that way. I do get touchie sometimes when I 1st got the car it was for the most part just a wrecked lt1 chassie and I got hell from all sides... then then I got the front end together it was primer ... I got hell... then when I said I was gonna cut the top ..guess what ... more hell... I guess I just didn't get much support to try new things so when I see ppl that want to and I know it can be done and ppl say otherwise or not to when it has 0 adverse effects it kinda bother me a tad.
    I <3 my maro and will fight when ppl talk about it. I have broke up /w 3 girls caus of it. They know better now lol
    and you know what, after looking at my first comment, then how i explained it the second time, i'm gonna appologize for the first one. didnt mean it to sound that harsh. sounds like you saved one from death by salvage. thats good. i still wouldnt cut a nice one though.

[btw, i do have hair]

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

i got it for $700 now im set back over 30k lol, no worries like i said i can get a lil touchie when it comes 2 my baby.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i got it for $700 now im set back over 30k lol, no worries like i said i can get a lil touchie when it comes 2 my baby.
    don't have kids then. lol i have three.

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

no kids that i know of yet lol, im 25 w/ a great job and no real bills everything is paid off

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Leave the hardtop alone.
    Less wind noise.
    Fewer places to leak.
    Less groaning from the chassis as they age.
    Thats why I ordered mine.

To the guy who did the cutting on his. I like the treatment to the rear window. Is it a kit?

Party Time, Excellent... Kingc8r's Avatar

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Leave the hardtop alone.
    Less wind noise.
    Fewer places to leak.

To the guy who did the cutting on his. I like the treatment to the rear window. Is it a kit?
    I agree. If you want T-tops sell your car and buy one with T-tops. I love my hardtop...

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

To each his own, I loved mine when it was a hard top I <3 it more now its not. Yes its a kit u can get from rksport it looks cool, but the big thing is how much weight it lost. With the vette rear window and the plexiglass and CF hatch n spoiler when I press my trunk release it opens by its self !!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Leave the hardtop alone.
    Less wind noise.
    Fewer places to leak.

No leaks , no wind noise, no groaning, here from my 01 T-top..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    No leaks , no wind noise, no groaning, here from my 01 T-top..

+1 No problems with our '02.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    +1 No problems with our '02.
    +2 no problems with my 99

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

+3 my old 95ish lol

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Had 2 cars with t-tops so far. Both leaked a 86 Monte Carlo and a 92 V-6 Camaro. Lots of people have leak problems, lots don't.
    Just different experiences.
    Currently I have a 02 Z28 hadtop 65,000, my mom has an 02 Z28 t-top 32,000. Both were purchased new. Her car has more wind noise.
    Last edited by Z28_Driver; 09-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've had 4 f-bods, 89 92 95 and my current 01, all Camaro's, all of them leaked except my 01. It has been the best model I've owned thus far.
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-18-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information