Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hard top to T top

This is a discussion on Hard top to T top within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 trade Not a chance...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    trade
    Not a chance

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    OP wants T-Tops, I want a hard top
    do a even trade

Black
    2001 Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZ01 View Post
    has anybody heard of or seen a hard top converted to a top........if so how much would it cost to do so and whats involved
    I got a quote today $600 for a t-top roof...I have bubbles on my t-top so I went to the dealer the body guy said when it is all said and done $600 even
    Last edited by War Theory; 09-14-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: I type faster than I think.........

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

judging by those pics, a hardtop car doesn't really look to be that much more rigid than a t-top car...

i would love my car about 10 times more if it had t-tops. but oh well, i still love it the way it is

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    judging by those pics, a hardtop car doesn't really look to be that much more rigid than a t-top car...

i would love my car about 10 times more if it had t-tops. but oh well, i still love it the way it is
    this is why everybody isnt driving around in the exact same cars. i consider myself very lucky to have found a hardtop.

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

For those of you who have not done it please don't talk about stuff u have no clue about. It took me about 4 hrs with plenty of breaks to complete it. Its very easy. It costed me 250 of ebay a " kit " including the weather stripping 2 colums up front and 2 clips in rear the screws/brackets, center bar and both glasses but could be much cheaper. I know someone who I helped it costed him 125 caus we shopped low from a locak junkyard when I was in houston. The onlt tools you really need are a sawsall, screw driver and a disk grinder. Paint scraper would also come in handy for the silocne. Mine does not leak and it looks 100% factory when I did it some friends thought I traded in my car. If I had a choice to do over.... id do it again. Hard tops are not that rare all u gotta do is look.
    P.S. All hardtops have all the t top framework underneath u just need to trim that off.
    Good luck and do a search next time

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

here is one. the other one i'm still looking for. in the other one the guy didn'y have to do an bondo.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...s-topless.html
    ok here is the really good one.

enjoy, go get it doen if you need parts i have them in grey also. pm me.

http://members.fortunecity.com/gripe...onversion.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyyob View Post
    For those of you who have not done it please don't talk about stuff u have no clue about. It took me about 4 hrs with plenty of breaks to complete it. Its very easy. It costed me 250 of ebay a " kit " including the weather stripping 2 colums up front and 2 clips in rear the screws/brackets, center bar and both glasses but could be much cheaper. I know someone who I helped it costed him 125 caus we shopped low from a locak junkyard when I was in houston. The onlt tools you really need are a sawsall, screw driver and a disk grinder. Paint scraper would also come in handy for the silocne. Mine does not leak and it looks 100% factory when I did it some friends thought I traded in my car. If I had a choice to do over.... id do it again. Hard tops are not that rare all u gotta do is look.
    P.S. All hardtops have all the t top framework underneath u just need to trim that off.
    huh?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

huh?
    +2....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

+3 What?

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

If ur huh-ing my post im just saying it can be done very easy. It took a lot less time to do the t-top conversion then it did to do the 93-97 to 98 -02 front end swap.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

That's cool then. I'm sure he needed someone to chime in with some experience in doing it.

Glad it worked out for you.

black
    02 vette vert

sorry, but they are that rare, thats why you you gotta look for them. if they were'nt, they'd be everywhere. and, i'm sorry ahead of time, but my money is on that homemade job not really looking as good as you think it does.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

If ur huh-ing my post im just saying it can be done very easy. It took a lot less time to do the t-top conversion then it did to do the 93-97 to 98 -02 front end swap.
    Any pictures of the process and/or finished product?

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

nws

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    sorry, but they are that rare, thats why you you gotta look for them. if they were'nt, they'd be everywhere. and, i'm sorry ahead of time, but my money is on that homemade job not really looking as good as you think it does.
    i have had a hardtop and i have t tops. IMO T-tops are alot better and the frame is just as stiff when there in place. If it wernt for my ttops i would never have been able 2 fit my flatscreen in the car Put what money u have on it not lookin good and u will be broke and i'll buy a few drinks next time i go out. Rather than hatein on things you know nothing of (my "homemade" conversion) look me up i often post on tech and lsxnation, im the only widebody carbon fiber camaro i have seen or u can look me up in the how to section under the CTS-V brake section i was one of the 1st to do that ( and your answer to the rotors question will be there ) im not hard to find. If hard tops are rare its for a reason ... its just not as cool likda like rat tails, bowl cuts, and mullets. i under stand if u may be older and not have hair for the wind to blow in and mabe u and your wife like to keep the ac on while u go to walmart. im less than 1/2 your age and love to cruse down the beach w/ a few hotties its wide open when i take the tops out and the rear window down.i enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. this car is a toy and toys IMO should be fun. when i put my shades in you can hardly tell its got t tops. on a side note i see u like harleys ... i have another toy my ninja. in closing i was just tryin to lead OP in the direction HE WANTED .

a few pics of my shitty home made job w/ tops in and out

Flame away ... flame away

White
    2008 Hummer H3

i have had a hardtop and i have t tops. IMO T-tops are alot better and the frame is just as stiff when there in place. If it wernt for my ttops i would never have been able 2 fit my flatscreen in the car Put what money u have on it not lookin good and u will be broke and i'll buy a few drinks next time i go out. Rather than hatein on things you know nothing of (my "homemade" conversion) look me up i often post on tech and lsxnation, im the only widebody carbon fiber camaro i have seen or u can look me up in the how to section under the CTS-V brake section i was one of the 1st to do that ( and your answer to the rotors question will be there ) im not hard to find. If hard tops are rare its for a reason ... its just not as cool likda like rat tails, bowl cuts, and mullets. i under stand if u may be older and not have hair for the wind to blow in and mabe u and your wife like to keep the ac on while u go to walmart. im less than 1/2 your age and love to cruse down the beach w/ a few hotties its wide open when i take the tops out and the rear window down.i enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. this car is a toy and toys IMO should be fun. when i put my shades in you can hardly tell its got t tops. on a side note i see u like harleys ... i have another toy my ninja. in closing i was just tryin to lead OP in the direction HE WANTED .

a few pics of my shitty home made job w/ tops in and out
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Flame away ... flame away
    Dude! I love them wheels man! Not kinding I do like them..

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ford Recovery Expert has done it.

Takes the parts, gaskets, glass, head liner, and center bar. bought $500, a weekend, and a serious set of balls.

all camaros start off as T-tops, then the hard top is added, you peel of the roof skin, removed the insulation, and the support bars over the doors...there are joints. the center bar is there...you just have to attach the visible black piece.

theres a review floatin around the internet somewhere

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Ford Recovery Expert has done it.

Takes the parts, gaskets, glass, head liner, and center bar. bought $500, a weekend, and a serious set of balls.

all camaros start off as T-tops, then the hard top is added, you peel of the roof skin, removed the insulation, and the support bars over the doors...there are joints. the center bar is there...you just have to attach the visible black piece.

theres a review floatin around the internet somewhere
    LOL! Wake up Spikito there's a link posted earlier in this thread lol. You just get off work or something? HAha

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    LOL! Wake up Spikito there's a link posted earlier in this thread lol. You just get off work or something? HAha
    long day...only read the OP. i clicked one of those links...turns out the other link is the one i was referring to, lol

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Iyyob -- My "what?" was directed at your poor typing skills, bad grammar, and refusal to capitalize anything in your post. It made your post a little difficult to read and comprehend.

I was not flaming your work, or your desire to convert your car to t-tops. I think that is awesome that you undertook a project of that scope and am glad that you achieved a good result.

pewter
    2000 ss slp

cut it like the vette sport tops and the fast and furious that supra in the end thats just a fuzz cooler then t-tops!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information