Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

grand sport stripes?

This is a discussion on grand sport stripes? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by StuntmanMike I don't like them at all. They're a Corvette thing, they have no reason to be ...

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I don't like them at all. They're a Corvette thing, they have no reason to be on a Camaro at all. Go with a set of retro emblems instead if you want to do something like that.

I ESPECIALLY hate the GS Stripes on Firebirds, that's even worse than putting them on a Camaro.
    i agree on the firebird i said before i think the front end is already too busy looking. even though chevy in recent years had a grand sport model corvette with them on, i still look at it as a road racing "thing". in the '60s when owners started fielding multi-car teams, they had trouble distinguishing between the cars since they sported the same paint scheme, and the grand sport stripes[not even sure if they called them that back then] and "nose" stripes were some ways to accomplish that. so i look at it as making your car stand out from the rest, not a corvette thing.[that still doesnt mean theyre for everybodies taste] i dont like the look of old style emblems on new style cars either.[go figure]
    Last edited by dklowrider; 03-29-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Different, but not a fan.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i recently did gold on my white bird, when i get a pic i will post it. i like them rather than stripes down the hood bc its not over doing it with tons of graphic

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLS1 View Post
    i recently did gold on my white bird, when i get a pic i will post it. i like them rather than stripes down the hood bc its not over doing it with tons of graphic
    thats kinda why i was considering them. a z-28 is pretty plain up front, dont like any aftermarket hoods enough to spend that kind of money, i like the ss hood but its not an ss,and i dont want full stripes over the top, so whats left? i think they would be ok if the color wasnt too contrasting, yours sounds good. im thinking gray on black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information