Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Fuel Rail Covers?

So I want to get some LS1 fuel rail covers,...but ones that are already modified to fit.....would prefer if they say trans am on them but dont mind if its the original corvette ones....looking for red ones.....where can I get them?? and not at a rediculous price

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I've seen some beauties from Afterthoughts auto and would be my first choice considering the labor time they put into them. I've been thinking about getting something like these for half the price and either leaving em, or attempting to customize/paint myself.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...mZ380074062489

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Summitracing has them as well. 42 bucks for each for the black ones and 54 bucks each for the red.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_TA View Post
    Summitracing has them as well. 42 bucks for each for the black ones and 54 bucks each for the red.
    good find! If you don't mind modifying them yourself, thats definitely the best price I can find. The guy selling on ebay is making the cuts to fit f-bodies.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    good find! If you don't mind modifying them yourself, thats definitely the best price I can find. The guy selling on ebay is making the cuts to fit f-bodies.
    Oh I didnt know these had to be modified, my bad

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_TA View Post
    Oh I didnt know these had to be modified, my bad
    It's all good and a great price. That's the kind of things I bet op is looking for.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

I've seen some beauties from Afterthoughts auto and would be my first choice considering the labor time they put into them. I've been thinking about getting something like these for half the price and either leaving em, or attempting to customize/paint myself.

I wouldn't recommend those. They are the single slot covers, which don't fit that well with the application. And the seller doesn't know that much detail about the application either. They will work on the 1998 cars.

Get the two slot 97-98 covers. They are a better starting point.

And the red Z06 covers that say 'Corvette' also only have one slot. Again, not a good starting point. You'll have to cut the second slot, which might not ever match the original slot, ..., or run the front fuel line back out the front 'under' the cover which in my opinion, looks like crap.

Cut them yourself, or buy the pre-cut units on Ebay.
    (Oh damn, none left on Ebay, ..., I'll get right on that, ...)

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

don't bother with afterthoughts auto... I just received mine... ordered them in Jan. received them this week... not shitting you either... damn near a full year wait... ordered before the season was even close to starting and received after the car was parked...

anyway I was told they don't make them anymore and my covers were part of the last batch produced thus is why mine took so long...

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    don't bother with afterthoughts auto... I just received mine... ordered them in Jan. received them this week... not shitting you either... damn near a full year wait... ordered before the season was even close to starting and received after the car was parked...

anyway I was told they don't make them anymore and my covers were part of the last batch produced thus is why mine took so long...
    dayum... Yeah it states that they aren't making any more customs at this time. It states that you can still order some precut, but I've yet to find them on their website.

Anyone heard of checkeredflagstore? They have some and seem to be cheaper.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

thecheckeredflagstore dot com is the same person who made them for Afterthoughtsauto dot com.

10 months is ridiculous.
    I know someone who will do it in 4-6 weeks, sometimes quicker.
    That person also does the black OE 97-98 pre-cut.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    thecheckeredflagstore dot com is the same person who made them for Afterthoughtsauto dot com.

10 months is ridiculous.
    pm'd you.

Pewter
    02 WS6

10 months is ridiculous.
    More info?

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

HEY CHUCKIE
    JUST A HEADS UP , I BOUGHT A SET OF THESE OFF EBAY AND
    THEY FIT GREAT, CUT NICE (but i did use the installation instructions from the checkerd flag store, they were just more simple)

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Slightly off topic...I love doing things myself, so I think I'm going to buy the $40 FRCs from Summit (black Corvette ones) and fill in the Corvette Letter and oaint them to match my car. My question is this...what should I use to fill in the letting? JB Weld? Fiberglass Resin (no actual fiberglass, just the liquid)? Bondo?

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

40$ a piece or for both ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...mZ380074062489

theese work good and are pre cut
    I used bondo on mine it"s more flexable than fiberglass (would shoot some pics but I must be retarded when it comes to loading pics!!!)

oh yeah there's also a company that makes a nice looking brushed stainless strip that covers the corvett letters and will logo camaro or T/A

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    40$ a piece or for both ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...mZ380074062489

theese work good and are pre cut
    I used bondo on mine it"s more flexable than fiberglass (would shoot some pics but I must be retarded when it comes to loading pics!!!)

oh yeah there's also a company that makes a nice looking brushed stainless strip that covers the corvett letters and will logo camaro or T/A

So did you put any heat tape (whatever its called) on the bottom side? I know you painted em, and thought that might help the longevity.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Over the years, I've only had about 2% of the buyers ask for the heat tape. But you can buy a roll at your local auto parts store for about $5 & apply it yourself.
    Ask yourself this, Does GM apply heat-tape on the underside on the Corvette application?!?

Even if custom painted, ..., with the right preparation, they shouldn't have any issues.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Over the years, I've only had about 2% of the buyers ask for the heat tape. But you can buy a roll at your local auto parts store for about $5 & apply it yourself.
    Ask yourself this, Does GM apply heat-tape on the underside on the Corvette application?!?

Even if custom painted, ..., with the right preparation, they shouldn't have any issues.
    True that... I was curious since we have more of our engine hidden under the dash compared to the corvette, i figured the temp of the painted frc would be greater. Why I asked

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Factory vettes don't have LT Headers.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

True. But it's easy to add the tape if you feel it's necessary.

All I can tell you from experience, is that in 5-6 years that I've been doing it & minimal people ever asking for the additional tape, I've only had one set come back that had poor prep from a different painter I used to use. Never had any issues with paint bubbles from heat. The paint is advertised as good to 400 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information