Yellow and Black
    2000, Trans Am WS6

Question Front End Swap 1995 to 2000?????

Hi Guys, I want to change my 1995 Formula front end(bumper, fenders, hood) with an 2000 TA front end. I know it possible but how hard would it be and does any one have any links to a good site that would help me??

Thanks Zakk

black
    94z

i just did my 94 to 99 front end mine was easy but it was a camaro. everything bolts up the same only thing you may have to do is splice the head light wires if they re different. oh yeah you got the re bar absorber and brackets off the other car i hope.if you can you need to cut the headlight plugs to splice them.
    Last edited by luciangage; 07-11-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

A guy on LS1 Tech did the swap on his LT1 Trans Am. Looked pretty good, can't remember his username or find it for you tho.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Ive tossed around the idea of doing this to my 97 (keep second guessing myself though). I have done some research into it though and actualy started gathering parts (right now i have the fenders and front fascia)... heres what i know. You need obviously the light assymblys, fenders, hood, front fascia, and youll also need the inner bumper support witch is compleatly diffrent on ls1 cars than it is on lt1 cars. I belive your foglights are compatible but youll have to buy all the marker lights. I was also told the headlight wiring is an issue but not a big one. Overall look to have 1500 dollars in the project unless you find some really cheap parts. Dont forget you have to have it all painted then too. In my opinion though its worth it for that updated look. Dont get me wrong the LT1s look great and I love the styling but nothing replaces that pissed off hell bent 98 up WS6 look... sex on wheels man, i say go for it

black
    94z

can you find a totaled v6 car or one w/ a blown motor? if you could it maybe cheaper. if you could live with the bumper cover it maybe easier since you get to take the parts off the car. or a t/a and sell the drive train you may come out with little to no money in it. ls1 & trans go for 3000 so buy wrecked and sell it.make sure its hit it the back.

Thread Information