Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Question Front bumper removal?

What is the best way to remove the front bumper on a 98 Z-28? Any one have an step by step instructions? How difficult is it?

Thanks so much, Ray

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

flat black
    theres clips on the top of the bumper and underneath...and bolts that go into the brackets from where the fenders bolt to the bumpers...theres to little bolts in a bracket that you have to flip the headlights up for on the T/A's but i dont know about the maros

WTF?! BAIL!

White
    1998 Camaro

It's not too difficult.

First are the five plastic fasteners on top near the radiator support. Hint: pull up on the inner screw-like thing.

Then there are three of the same type of fastener under the front of the bumper.

You need to remove the plastic air deflectors on each side underneath the bumper (should be four bolts, they're the things just in front of the access panels and bolt in just like the access panels).

I would take out the headlights.

Then, on each side, there will be one LONG bolt holding the vertical portion of the bumper seam to the fender.

Finally, also on each side, there will be three NUTS holding the horizontal portion of the bumper seam to the fender. These, I found, are best accessed from, you guessed it, the ACCESS panel.

With those off the rigid metal bumper support will drop down, watch that it doesn't hit the foglight and smash it or something.

Now all you have to do is disconnect the turn signals/DRLs and drop the sides over the three welded-bolts that the nuts were on and pull the whole junk forward.

It sounds way more complicated than it is. Everything is EASILY accessible except maybe the three nuts on each side, but even they become simple with either a universal+extension or a gear wrench.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Thanks both of you so much! I'm hoping it is as easy as it sounds.
    I have been having a problem with my right turn signal light going out (replaced it 4 times this summer) it is getting water in it from either rain or me washing it. so, every time i change the bulb, its broken. so now i have water and glass in the turn signal housing. so, i want to get it all apart to clean everything.
    Thx

Thread Information