Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Formula Splitter *Pictures*

This is a discussion on Formula Splitter *Pictures* within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; i think it would fit a trans am bumper better personally ..as formy's front bumpers just dont fit right with ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i think it would fit a trans am bumper better personally ..as formy's front bumpers just dont fit right with it IMHO

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I actually think the splitter looks BETTER on a T/A or a formy over a Camaro, but it still looks bad ass, and I love mine....not to mention all the saving of the under nose paint.....the alleys and driveways in Hollywood are so steep, their a bitch on the under paint!!!!

'Bait's is still one of my favorite cars!...It'll be even hotter when he gets rid of the SLP headers so he can lower it!

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

eh I'm 50/50 on it

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I dunno, just seems like it's missing something. Did'nt mean to crap on anyones designs. My appologies...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

We'll take it as constructive critisism, Smit!

This isn't our first rodeo or the first time we've had a product disliked. On another board, we've sold quite a few (for over a year now) and have had our fair share of opposition. But we also get some great praise as well.

Since we're new to this board not too many people are familiar with us or the work that's gone into R&Ding and creating a little company that went from one product (our "ugly splitters", lol) to a whole webpage with cool 4th gen. f-body stuff.

It isn't for everyone, it doesn't have to be, but if you like something... Man, it's tough to get it out of your head.... And if you have last years calendar, the September month doesn't look too bad with a splitter on it!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    We'll take it as constructive critisism, Smit!

This isn't our first rodeo or the first time we've had a product disliked. On another board, we've sold quite a few (for over a year now) and have had our fair share of opposition. But we also get some great praise as well.

Since we're new to this board not too many people are familiar with us or the work that's gone into R&Ding and creating a little company that went from one product (our "ugly splitters", lol) to a whole webpage with cool 4th gen. f-body stuff.

It isn't for everyone, it doesn't have to be, but if you like something... Man, it's tough to get it out of your head.... And if you have last years calendar, the September month doesn't look too bad with a splitter on it!
    As a small business owner myself I hear you man. I did'nt mean to come off like a d!ck. Poorly timed joke my bad bud. IMHO your splitter would look better on my 92z34 project as it has a more squared off apearance. Just feels like it needs something a little more for the rounded panels of our f-bods. But eveyone has their opinions, mines just another of the many. Did'nt mean any ill will..

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Looks fine to me. Still considering for mine.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Eh, I think we're just more used to seeing them, lol. Out here it has become kind of the norm so seeing one with out looks naked. Kind of like when you're dad, who has ALWAYS had a beard or mustache, suddenly shaves one day, it just looks weird without it

Seeing them come on all the new cars (when we were at SEMA GM even is going to offer a similar one for the 2010) as well makes seeing cars without seem weird now...

I dunno, my car just wouldn't seem like my car without it now...

Obviously I am bias because I sell them BUT REMEMBER THIS, I didn't start a business to start a business. I simply signed up on a list to get some other guy to make a splitter for our cars because I wanted one.

He never did and I wanted it bad enough I got off my ass and got it made. Somehow doing that turned into all this but I have always been honest about how I feel (even about my own products, I'll call some of it rice, like a certain spoiler I sell, but if people want it I'll sell it) good or bad and this is just a mod that I genuinely and strongly feel improves the look of all F-Bodies.

Just my personal opinion though
    Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 12-10-2009 at 12:46 AM.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Looks fine to me. Still considering for mine.
    I've got a brand new Kircher splitter you can have for $100 + shipping if you want it... Got it for the wife and then got the whole "Oh, so my car isn't important enough for you to take the time to design something for it, you just buy something of the shelf..." line

NBM
    1998 Z28

What is your business Smittro? Anything I can capitalize on and sell for you ?!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    i'm trying to browse your site but all your pictures are red 'x' of doomed

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    i'm trying to browse your site but all your pictures are red 'x' of doomed
    Yeah, got friggin hacked. Been trying to get it all switched to hostgator and back up

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah, got friggin hacked. Been trying to get it all switched to hostgator and back up
    man that sucks, i'm really sorry:/

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Metal fab. Mostly light/medium duty. I don't employ a ton of folks. Started out building hand rails for handicated accessible buildings. I employ my father in-law in a small engine repair shop too. I've done some decks for riding tractors and the like. I've gotten away from the coded buildings though.
    Too much of a hastle. I'm a plumber too but don't do much in that anymore.
    I've done tool boxes, steps, etc, and food grade stainless steel container welding for 5500 and 6000 gallon baffeless tri-axle, and 6200 gal tractor trailer tankers also for the milk industry. Mostly local stuff For the Cogo's market chain dairy. Now I do mostly repair work because with the economy the way it is folks are getting their old stuff repaired rather than replaced. Keeps me busy that's for sure. I've actually profited from the crapy economy so I better not complain too much lol.. On top of all that I'm a full time father. So my projects take a back seat to money, and fatherhood. I will be definetly getting a hold of you if I ever get my z34 project completed though for sure. After I fab the front end for my intercooler I'll be wanting a splitter for her. When the time comes I'll send you off a blue print/mechanical drawing of what I've got in mind.. That's a little ways down the road yet.
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-10-2009 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Spelling as always

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

pictures of your splitter on a T/A ?? black preferably

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Metal fab. Mostly light/medium duty. I don't employ a ton of folks. Started out building hand rails for handicated accessible buildings. I employ my father in-law in a small engine repair shop too. I've done some decks for riding tractors and the like. I've gotten away from the coded buildings though.
    Too much of a hastle. I'm a plumber too but don't do much in that anymore.
    I've done tool boxes, steps, etc, and food grade stainless steel container welding for 5500 and 6000 gallon baffeless tri-axle, and 6200 gal tractor trailer tankers also for the milk industry. Mostly local stuff For the Cogo's market chain dairy. Now I do mostly repair work because with the economy the way it is folks are getting their old stuff repaired rather than replaced. Keeps me busy that's for sure. I've actually profited from the crapy economy so I better not complain too much lol.. On top of all that I'm a full time father. So my projects take a back seat to money, and fatherhood. I will be definetly getting a hold of you if I ever get my z34 project completed though for sure. After I fab the front end for my intercooler I'll be wanting a splitter for her. When the time comes I'll send you off a blue print/mechanical drawing of what I've got in mind.. That's a little ways down the road yet.
    Pretty much what our guy Jameel does for us... If you ever come up with something you want to sell :cough: racing seat belt harness bar that bolts into factory rear seat belt holes :cough: let me know

For a splitter you just need to send us a scale .jpg and measurements.

I recommend just making a cardboard splitter just as you want it. Transfer that on to paper, scan it into a .jpg and send to us... We convert it to dxf files...

What does it do ?
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Pretty much what our guy Jameel does for us... If you ever come up with something you want to sell :cough: racing seat belt harness bar that bolts into factory rear seat belt holes :cough: let me know
    For a splitter you just need to send us a scale .jpg and measurements.

I recommend just making a cardboard splitter just as you want it. Transfer that on to paper, scan it into a .jpg and send to us... We convert it to dxf files...
    Haha will do..

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    What does it do ?
    Looks good, protects the bumper from getting scraped up and also produces more down force (track tested in a couple magazines now) NOT by SCOOPING air (as some think) but by speeding the air up going under the car creating more down force over the whole car. Here's goofy video I made to explain...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk15OKB7qAs[/ame]

ha ill need to wait till i get home to hear it, bar is loud !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information