BlacK
    2001 WS6

Flush Fog Lights

Was wondering if anyone has ever seen a T/A with the fog lights brought flush with the nose. Curious as to how it would look.

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Me too ... Photoshop anyone .....
    99 WS6 Trans AM
    Hurst Shifter
    Aftermarket Throttle Body
    KN Air Filter
    Strut Tower Brace
    Z06 Rims

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Sorta surprised it isn't a common mod, let alone one that's never been done.

It has to be a real drag aerodynamically speaking, unless the powers that be at GM figured it helped to keep the nose down, and was worth the drag? I doubt it though.

Always have wondered why they recessed 'em so deep. Maybe it just didn't look right flush? I don't know.

red
    1999 trans am

it sure would look different.. especially if the front plate was molded too.

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Flush fogs

Funny you mentioned this topic because I had a very similar idea about a year ago. I wanted to order a pair of clear custom made fog light covers (completely see through) made out of the same material that typical clear head lights are made of.
    I wanted to then insert them so that the covers where flush with the nose-leaving open space behind them, all the way to the recessed stock factory fog lights.
    I ordered a custom made pair from custo-light but didn't realize that the diameter of the tunnel leading to the fog light is slightly bigger, so the foglight covers fit snug over the fog light but where a "tad" too small to be installed at the nose of the car like I intended . Anyways I still use them to protect my foglights and they really seal off the fog light compartment directly in front of the foglights. some day I will accurately measure the tunnel diameter and order another pair to make the nose of the car flush with the tunnels, but moving the entire fog light to the front seems like a bad idea cosmetically-just my opinion.
    JR.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i saw a white t/a with black tinted caps over his fogs-they were flush with the front. looked terrible. mebbe b/c it was black, but honestly, i think the recessed look is kind of a classic thing

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Where his fog lights actually "moved" up to the front and then capped with the covers??

JR.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Funny you mentioned this topic because I had a very similar idea about a year ago. I wanted to order a pair of clear custom made fog light covers (completely see through) made out of the same material that typical clear head lights are made of.
    I wanted to then insert them so that the covers where flush with the nose-leaving open space behind them, all the way to the recessed stock factory fog lights.
    I ordered a custom made pair from custo-light but didn't realize that the diameter of the tunnel leading to the fog light is slightly bigger, so the foglight covers fit snug over the fog light but where a "tad" too small to be installed at the nose of the car like I intended . Anyways I still use them to protect my foglights and they really seal off the fog light compartment directly in front of the foglights. some day I will accurately measure the tunnel diameter and order another pair to make the nose of the car flush with the tunnels, but moving the entire fog light to the front seems like a bad idea cosmetically-just my opinion.
    JR.
    I had the same idea, only I was thinkin of taking the ones from custolight and mounting them on like some kind of plastic soda bottle and sliding it right in, this way, the light would still come through and no need to move the lights themselves, but now you tell me they don't fill the holes all the way, I was wondering if they would, you answered that question, so there goes that idea.

Lemme ask you though, what holds them in? cause when I bought my car, it had come with the blackout plates, and one of the ones in front of a fog light was gone, owner said, it came off and musta rolled right out and he never knew it til he noticed it one day. So that makes me a little uncomforatable about getting the "bird" covers which is what I want to get for the fogs.

What we need is a plug, made out of the same material as the nose, made to fit snugly within that hole, with a see through bird on the end. I'll get busy makin it...lol

Thread Information