Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Firebird Seats in My CAMARO SS

This is a discussion on Firebird Seats in My CAMARO SS within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I dont know if every one agrees. But the seats in my 2000 Camaro SS SUCK!! I am 6'3 and ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Firebird Seats in My CAMARO SS

    I dont know if every one agrees. But the seats in my 2000 Camaro SS SUCK!!

    I am 6'3 and the back comes up to the bottom of my neck and when I got rear ended with only minor damage it was like a pivot point. My neck went Back and )(*&^%$#@.

    I am looking at swapping in Firebird WS6 seats. They appear to be the same color, tan. And I have sat in several Firebirds. The seats are 100% better. Support a real headrest!!!!! Nice>

    Are they a direct swap. My drivers side is electric.

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    should be, don't know from personal experience though.

  3. #3
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    i dont know how you feel about losing your power seats or fabbing up brackets, but if you are going for comfort and bang for your buck you might want to look at either toyota mr2 seats or nissan pulsar seats.
    just a thought

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    i dont know how you feel about losing your power seats or fabbing up brackets, but if you are going for comfort and bang for your buck you might want to look at either toyota mr2 seats or nissan pulsar seats.
    just a thought

    Thanks for the help guys.

    But I gotta tell you...I wont even put on Japanese Tires on my SS.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by A 2000 SS in Jersey View Post
    Thanks for the help guys.

    But I gotta tell you...I wont even put on Japanese Tires on my SS.
    He's 6'3 and born all-American.

    firebird seats are cooler looking anyway.

  6. #6
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    I think 9t8z28 did that swap...or maybe it was the inside door panels...

  7. #7
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by A 2000 SS in Jersey View Post
    I dont know if every one agrees. But the seats in my 2000 Camaro SS SUCK!!
    Agreed

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    He's 6'3 and born all-American.

    firebird seats are cooler looking anyway.


    Tanx...........I think...

    Yes they are much Kooler For sure!!!!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I think 9t8z28 did that swap...or maybe it was the inside door panels...

    Tamx I will contact him!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    862

    Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

    It shouldn't be too difficult.

    And I agree, when I had my Camaro and dd'd it my back constantly hurt.

    My new (to me) T/A is one of the more comfy cars I've driven though. No back problems since buying it either.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    It shouldn't be too difficult.

    And I agree, when I had my Camaro and dd'd it my back constantly hurt.

    My new (to me) T/A is one of the more comfy cars I've driven though. No back problems since buying it either.

    Sweet! Thanks for the info

  12. #12
    Senior Member Redphoenix1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,897

    Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    It's a dir3ect swap from what I hear. I know a lot of guys who have done the swap. The connectors bolt in for the power lumbar and the bracketry is the same. You'll have no issues

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    It's a dir3ect swap from what I hear. I know a lot of guys who have done the swap. The connectors bolt in for the power lumbar and the bracketry is the same. You'll have no issues
    Great Thanks A lot.

    Now I gotta find a set........Saw some on here. Trying to get details from the guy. My biggest reason is the added height in the head rest. Keep me from breaking my neck if I ever get rear ended again.

    Have funnnnn

  14. #14
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    Too bad GTO seats don't work in f-bodies very well.....they are much better than the T/A seats.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    Too bad GTO seats don't work in f-bodies very well.....they are much better than the T/A seats.
    Well maybe with a big Hammer and chop saw..........LOL

    Even the seats from a Cobalt SS are prettyy damm nice!!!!

    have funnnnnnnn

  16. #16
    Junior Member DevilDougWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    31

    NBM
    2000 Pontiac T/A WS6

    it is a direct swap. the only difference between the seats is the adjustments with the bolsters and lumbar. camaro seats do not have this option but the ta seats do...so you are still going to have power seats but there is no easy way to keep that bolster/lumbar adjustment.

    its actually a very easy swap. unbolt the seats from the floor (4 nuts)
    UNPLUG electrical connections
    unbolt rails from seats (4 bolts)

    swap rails from camaro to trans am seats (you HAVE to do this for the power seat, the switches are NOT interchangeable)

    boom done! i did this in a half hour using half of my brain function

  17. #17
    Member 98CamaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey.
    Posts
    219

    Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

    Quote Originally Posted by A 2000 SS in Jersey View Post
    I dont know if every one agrees. But the seats in my 2000 Camaro SS SUCK!!

    I am 6'3 and the back comes up to the bottom of my neck and when I got rear ended with only minor damage it was like a pivot point. My neck went Back and )(*&^%$#@.

    I am looking at swapping in Firebird WS6 seats. They appear to be the same color, tan. And I have sat in several Firebirds. The seats are 100% better. Support a real headrest!!!!! Nice>

    Are they a direct swap. My drivers side is electric.

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thanks
    Not only will they fit, they were standard factory issue on all export Camaro's. Much better support and adjustable head rest.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Thanks Guys!

    That is great info!

    Now I want to get a set RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!

    EBAY here I come................

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    464

    BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6 View Post
    it is a direct swap. the only difference between the seats is the adjustments with the bolsters and lumbar. camaro seats do not have this option but the ta seats do...so you are still going to have power seats but there is no easy way to keep that bolster/lumbar adjustment.

    its actually a very easy swap. unbolt the seats from the floor (4 nuts)
    UNPLUG electrical connections
    unbolt rails from seats (4 bolts)

    swap rails from camaro to trans am seats (you HAVE to do this for the power seat, the switches are NOT interchangeable)

    boom done! i did this in a half hour using half of my brain function
    Say what? The power switches are part of the seat. A direct and simple swap. I did the swap on my SS, but it's been too long ago, and I honestly don't remember swapping the rails themselves. I don't think I did that. If the Firebird seats have power lumbar and bolsters, there is an extra cable you need that runs from the driver seat to the passenger seat. The pump that inflates the bladders in the seats is located under the passenger seat. The cable provides a path for the air to reach the driver seat, and also for power to reach the passenger switches.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    163

    ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Great!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks again........!!!!!!!

    Gets better and better.

    I need those seats

    I would settle for just the drivers side

    Have funnnnnnnnnnn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. camaro leather or firebird leather seats...
    By coastiematt in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
  2. What Seats for a 95 Firebird Help
    By seppburgh in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
  3. Using Firebird power seats in a Camaro
    By wildhare in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 06:51 AM
  4. trade: ebony 02 WS6 seats, for grey CAMARO seats
    By DADillac in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:37 PM
  5. 4th gen Firebird/Camaro seats wanted
    By pyrows666 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •