Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Finally got my windows tinted!

This is a discussion on Finally got my windows tinted! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by SteelCityTA NO...my buddy said he has had no issues...and trust me we use the defogger here in ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityTA View Post
    NO...my buddy said he has had no issues...and trust me we use the defogger here in Pittsburgh...Your in Arizona! Do u even have a need for that thing!
    Hahaha, Originally from Ohio,,,,but probably won't need it anymore but I still want to keep it functional just the same.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by irishpenguin13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpenguin13 View Post
    damn!! my title got changed from "did" to "tinted". i dont remember anything in the rules about not being able to use slang jokingly. TOTALLY FRIGGIN' THREAD JACKED, ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!
    You do know that I used to be part of an organazation that....
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I hope the ending of you statement would have been "...that tinted windows" cuz thats what we are discussing

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Do you know of any rear defrost problems as far as the tint goes?? Won't ruin the tint??

And you totally lost me on that last post But don't mind me.
    the rear defrost does nothing to it. Ive had mine done since I got the car 3years ago. still looks good. You just got to have a someone with the experience to do it. I had my buddy do it and he has been doing it for a real long time. He is a mobil tinter and has done plenty of f-bodies in DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    the rear defrost does nothing to it. Ive had mine done since I got the car 3years ago. still looks good. You just got to have a someone with the experience to do it. I had my buddy do it and he has been doing it for a real long time. He is a mobil tinter and has done plenty of f-bodies in DFW.
    That's good to know,,, I still use it when driving in the rain.

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

Angry

Yeah the cops are dicks about it here too. I've been pulled over three times and fined twice for mine, and its only 35%. The passenger window got messed up a little, so that would have been a good reason to remove it I guess. So instead I made an appointment today to retint both sides... Darker! I guess we'll see how they like it now!!! When I was at the tinting shop, the guy showed me a Trailblazer they did yesterday at 5%. He said "that's a little dark, but this guy will probably get away with it, cuz he's a cop." Ain't that a bunch of shit?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    Yeah the cops are dicks about it here too. I've been pulled over three times and fined twice for mine, and its only 35%. The passenger window got messed up a little, so that would have been a good reason to remove it I guess. So instead I made an appointment today to retint both sides... Darker! I guess we'll see how they like it now!!! When I was at the tinting shop, the guy showed me a Trailblazer they did yesterday at 5%. He said "that's a little dark, but this guy will probably get away with it, cuz he's a cop." Ain't that a bunch of shit?
    ya well no one complains when the guy working at jack in the box gets free french fries. so why is this any different. Tinted windows do pose a threat to police officers. how would you feel if you walked up to a window you couldnt see into and then BANG, you got shot. never saw it coming. There is a reason there is a law. Now most cops wont give you shit about your tint unless you are being a complete jackass. if you are then you deserve the $10 fix it ticket.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I hope the ending of you statement would have been "...that tinted windows" cuz thats what we are discussing
    That was exactly how I was going to end the statment! Thanks for the help sir! I used to love tinting windows....its was just before I became A COP!
    Last edited by BADASS2000SS; 05-14-2009 at 03:04 AM.

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

i was hoping you would say "mafia".

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

He said "that's a little dark, but this guy will probably get away with it, cuz he's a cop."

That is a very true statement....which is why I keep my windows tinted

"ya well no one complains when the guy working at jack in the box gets free french fries. so why is this any different. Tinted windows do pose a threat to police officers. how would you feel if you walked up to a window you couldnt see into and then BANG, you got shot. never saw it coming. There is a reason there is a law. Now most cops wont give you shit about your tint unless you are being a complete jackass. if you are then you deserve the $10 fix it ticket."

Badass2000ss is also right....most cops wont give you shit about your tint unless you are an ass!! However, with me, if you are an ass/shithead, then I will give you a moving violation so that you have to show up in court to prove that it has been removed. If a you are iffy, then I will write a violation notice where you could then pay the $25 fine and later choose to keep of remove tint and of you just cool and appear to be just a regular taxpayer with a cool car and tint...then I write a contact card

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

I know where you guys are coming from, as far as safety goes. But I live in a town with very few people, where everybody knows everybody. Our local police have nothing better to do. If they see window tint, they pop you. I just think they're going a little overboard on the small things.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    I know where you guys are coming from, as far as safety goes. But I live in a town with very few people, where everybody knows everybody. Our local police have nothing better to do. If they see window tint, they pop you. I just think they're going a little overboard on the small things.
    They are just passing time or getting revenue.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

looks good i got 30% sides and 20% back

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Just so you all know, cops did not make the tint law! Second of all, you would be able to have tint in your area if your local scum bag criminals would stop killing cops, inocennt people, and or hiding shit in their car while hiding behind the dark windows! I am sorry that saving lives comes before boobs and blow jobs!
    Saving lives comes before boobs and blow jobs?

But this is America!

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Well I am not a bad ass nor do I cause a lot of trouble but I still deserve what I get, just because I know the law yet I continue to break it with my tent Kind of like speeding. I had been pulled over 3 times yet I don't complain because the cops here could give you a razor and take it off right away. instead all I got was a $68 fine each time I love my tent and spent $200 per window and don't want to remove it I don't have my front done and the tent on the rear (with Defrost) is a legal tent but my sides are double tented it fades from red to black but at single tent it looks pink so I had a silver tent put on behind it

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Here are some pics I took this summer side windows at 3% back at 45%

I finally took my wifes car in last summer to tint the back window as dark as possible to match the sides (this is an old subject it seems)

They mentioned at the tint shop, that our side windows were too dark (it's been done for years) and asked if I wanted it removed.

I said nope. Never been pulled over for it and don't care. I don't worry about it. I'd rather pay a fine.
    They showed me the legal tint allowed on the sides,,,and it was rediculous, don't even see how that would keep out the Arizona sun, which for us is the reason for the tint in the first place.

I had 15% on my TA, loved it. Looks good man.
    2001 transam ws7 * black/black * modded up. * sold
    1993 3000gt vr4 * silver/tan * modded/boosted/awd * sold

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Here are some pics I took this summer side windows at 3% back at 45%Click for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full size
    That looks good bro.

Would be totally unique if the rear had the fade too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information