Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Finally getting a ram air hood!

This is a discussion on Finally getting a ram air hood! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hood looks like its aligned right, I'd pick the rear of the eye lid up a bit...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Hood looks like its aligned right, I'd pick the rear of the eye lid up a bit

White
    1999 Trans Am

Hmm, all notes accepted, I'll take a look this evening and see if the bump stops can be adjusted at all to level it out.. We literally just unbolted the old hood and slapped on the new one, didn't tinker with it at all!

Question though, how does one go about adjusting the "rear of the eyelid"? Do you mean the headlight? Sorry, I'm kinda a dummy sometimes, you've really got to spell it out for me on occasion.. lol

Here's a photo I took in front of the house last night:

Still trying to talk her into a stripe kit, she wants something unique. lol don't we all?
    Last edited by FishinCricket; 11-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

How did the surprise go over.was it love all over again?

White
    1999 Trans Am

Well it was love all over again, for sure... But the surprise was a bust. The car isnt her DD so the plan was:

Steal the car Friday after she goes to work, get the hood put on Friday night and then stay up late detailing it (she's a bartender and works very late) then bring her by on Saturday under the guise of looking at the SS we just took on trade (it's a 2011 with 3k miles, RS Package, even her favorite color.. The set up couldn't have been more perfect!) and then insist that she test drive it with consideration of trading for it. (She loves Birds and HATES Camaros so there's absolutely NO chance that she'd fall in love with the SS/RS). When she gets back from a short test drive, have her TA waiting in the delivery area.

What ends up happening:

The body/ paint guy ends up bailing until Saturday morning on mounting the hood
    I got stuck working late and had to come in early Saturday to detail it, ended up doing the waxing out in front of the store, where her sister saw me, then called her
    So then she called me feigning hysteria because her car was "missing from the garage and her son isn't answering his phone and..."

I Had no stomach for the ruse at that point and I fessed up right then and there!
    "Let us endeavor so to live that, when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." - Samuel Clemens

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Been a while since I had my ya but if you look on the back of the eye lid there should be 2 screws that you can loosen to slide the lid up just a bit.

White
    1999 Trans Am

Eye-eye, I'll check it out tonight when I'm applying the Ram Air stickers...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Lookin damn nice!

White
    1999 Trans Am

I temporarily chickened out on the RA stickers, err, uhm, decals... The template isn't really self explanatory and I wanna make sure it looks perfect... Anyone care to measure their factory decals?

White
    1999 Trans Am

Ram Air decal placement?

Found this, quite helpful... I'll attempt to tackle this tomorrow night...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FishinCricket View Post
    Hmm, all notes accepted, I'll take a look this evening and see if the bump stops can be adjusted at all to level it out.. We literally just unbolted the old hood and slapped on the new one, didn't tinker with it at all!

Question though, how does one go about adjusting the "rear of the eyelid"? Do you mean the headlight? Sorry, I'm kinda a dummy sometimes, you've really got to spell it out for me on occasion.. lol

Here's a photo I took in front of the house last night:

Click for full size

Still trying to talk her into a stripe kit, she wants something unique. lol don't we all?
    not to be a stickler, but does the hood look just a cunt hair off in the hue? im sure its fine in person...my eyes play tricks sometimes...i know my car's bumper is a bit darker than the fenders from a distance.....(its been wrecked before i got it)..

White
    1999 Trans Am

If it is off its only by a very small bit.. But honestly how close can one possibly expect to get to "arctic white + 13 years of wear, weather and waxing"...

If you get extremely close and cock your head just right you'll see a few dirt nibs in the paint too, but I'll likely wet sand and buff it myself rather than dunning the body guy at this point. I am happy with the work. If it was a showcase car is be a bit more concerned, but only us perfectionists will notice this stuff.

Frankly the wife keeps that car moving so much it's difficult to lay eyes on it for more than a few seconds at once! lol

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i hear ya.....dont get me wrong...it looks good...i wish i had a ram air hood...and i love the white ..especially if theres a ceta mod involved...growing up around the body shop has molded me to look for things that arent really there lol...

White
    1999 Trans Am

Done just in time to show off to her family for turkey day!

silver
    2000 formula

i hate you.............been trying to get 1 for YEARS..........either i have the money and cant find a hood.......or i find the hood and no money

White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    i hate you.............been trying to get 1 for YEARS..........either i have the money and cant find a hood.......or i find the hood and no money
    Glad to be the object of someone else's ire, means I'm doing something right! lol

We've owned this TA since 2007, I've had my eye out (and cash in hand) since day one.. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information