Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Exterior Trim Removal

This is a discussion on Exterior Trim Removal within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; to answer your question...my mirror got knocked off by someone backing up into it..i bought two brand new mirrors so ...

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

to answer your question...my mirror got knocked off by someone backing up into it..i bought two brand new mirrors so that i wouldnt have one red and one black, and im waiting to get it painted...thats all...it looks good and i was thinking about doing a berger panel so it would match as well

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by sstud View Post
    to answer your question...my mirror got knocked off by someone backing up into it..i bought two brand new mirrors so that i wouldnt have one red and one black, and im waiting to get it painted...thats all...it looks good and i was thinking about doing a berger panel so it would match as well
    man i feel your pain, someone knocked off the passenger side mirror of my old 95 z28. i was pissed. i had the mirrors and door handles painted Silver to match the color of my car though. luckily i was able to EPOXY the mirror back onto the bracket...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

sorry to be off topic but-I had borrowed my parents mini van to go to wal mart back in the day. While I was finishing my smoke in front of the store a guy pulled into the spot in fron of mine which had a cart in it. He then pushed the cart with his front bumper into my parents van so he could park. He gets out and has on a wal mart vest!!! I went up to him and said guess what? Thats my van asshole!!! He is like "no its not" I said I will beat your fat ass if there is one scratch MF! There wasnt a scratch lucky for him but I did go into talk with the manager about it. Just thought about that when u guys mentioned mirrors being knocked off. People are such assholes.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

oh god if that was my car heaven help me i would have laid him out!!!

stufu's

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

hey dont get me wrong...the first thing i wanted to do was punch the kids face in...but at the same time, he was nice enough to find me in school, explain to me what had happened, and completely willing to pay for all reparations...that settled my anger...the fact that it got backed up into tore me upart though

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The moldings on mine have been gone for several years now.

Gotta love not daily driving it. I would have left them on if it saw more parking lots.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The moldings on mine have been gone for several years now.

Gotta love not daily driving it. I would have left them on if it saw more parking lots.
    My dad reemed me out when I said I wanted to take the mouldings off!
    My arguement was, whenever I am in a parking lot, the average car door will not strike the moulding, it will strike above it. And beleive me, everytime I park next to someone, I look to see where their door will hit if they let it swing wide open. The mouldings don't do shit to protect the doors!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I dunno about that ^-my car has several nicks in the moulding.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Imma take the leap and remove my moldings even though it's a daily driver...... ... and maybe buy some pepboys edge moldings just in case... and that's it

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i gotta say this is a nice thread. i didn't even notice the molding on my car til now. i can't wait to pull mine off. Can you all so remove the Z-28 bagges like this(hair-dryer)? i really want them gone i think it will clean up the car a lot.

what do you guys think?
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    i gotta say this is a nice thread. i didn't even notice the molding on my car til now. i can't wait to pull mine off. Can you all so remove the Z-28 bagges like this(hair-dryer)? i really want them gone i think it will clean up the car a lot.

what do you guys think?
    Yes, they should come off with by heating them up also. I think black cars look cleaner with the badges removed as well

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I just ran into a mayor snagg... my car had been previously crashed near the rear quarterpannel...and the body shop that did it... forgot to paint underneat the moldings... ... so I took em off all the way around... exept for the driver side rear quarter pannel... SUCKS!!!

N/A
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Yes, they should come off with by heating them up also. I think black cars look cleaner with the badges removed as well
    I already took my z28 badges off of my black z28 with 3m adhesive plan on taking off the molding today and Ill post pics to let you see how it turns out.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I just ran into a mayor snagg... my car had been previously crashed near the rear quarterpannel...and the body shop that did it... forgot to paint underneat the moldings... ... so I took em off all the way around... exept for the driver side rear quarter pannel... SUCKS!!!
    That does suck bro!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

yeah... I'm P*ssed...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I guess your gonna put em all back on then??? I cant take mine off cause its a repaint and they half assed and painted OVER my trim.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I guess your gonna put em all back on then??? I cant take mine off cause its a repaint and they half assed and painted OVER my trim.
    na...it's too late the deed is done... for now I'm just gonna leave that small part...until I can afford to get it painted...

N/A
    99 Z28

De-badged and Took off the molding.

I think it makes it look more sleeper until I get my SS hood then it will set the car off.
    Last edited by LS-One; 06-13-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

I have had my trim off for going on a year now and almost forgot it was ever on there! Looks so much cleaner. I actually had to go out and buy a hair dryer to complete the project but by gosh it was getting done. Being 11 years old that red trim was now nearly pink. My dad as well told me i was nuts, but then saw it, he retracted his statement.

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    na...it's too late the deed is done... for now I'm just gonna leave that small part...until I can afford to get it painted...
    that sucks man... shotty body work and repaints are a PITA. makes want to bitch slap just about everyone...

LS-One, car looks good man!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information