Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Which exhuat tips ?

This is a discussion on Which exhuat tips ? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by mpfranks just do like i did and shell out the insane $$ and get the genuine corsas ...

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    just do like i did and shell out the insane $$ and get the genuine corsas

Click for full size
    And I bought your GMMG stainless tips. Love them. Those would look good on a Camaro also I think but, Corsas would look best on there IMO.

Trans Am owner
    former

the tips arent gonna change the tone in any noticeable way
    I know it wont change, but when I see a car, it has to match the way it performs.

when I hear a high pitch exhaust like a corsa exhaust, I expect a more exotic look, and somthin flashy, like twin tips.

when I hear deep american rumble, I picture old school, and those stick tips look old school.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    And I bought your GMMG stainless tips. Love them. Those would look good on a Camaro also I think but, Corsas would look best on there IMO.
    hope those GMMG's are treating you good!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    I know it wont change, but when I see a car, it has to match the way it performs.

when I hear a high pitch exhaust like a corsa exhaust, I expect a more exotic look, and somthin flashy, like twin tips.

when I hear deep american rumble, I picture old school, and those stick tips look old school.
    ok... maybe? thats how you picture it. but it has nothing to do with your earlier post. i have corsas on my GMMG catback. it doesnt sound in the least bit exotic, it screams muscle, but i still love the tips.

Pewter
    02 WS6

just do like i did and shell out the insane $$ and get the genuine corsas

Click for full size
    Got any more pics? From the side?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by sstg View Post
    Got any more pics? From the side?
    best i got

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i personally dont like any of them, but then again the only exhaust ive ever liked on an f-body was a CME.

I think the first looks good on truck
    The second looks look on T/As and center mounted on vettes. you might pull it off on a camaro, with a CME valance
    The third looks too ricey.

personally if i were to do any exhaust work on my car, i would just dump it underneath, no tips.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The only thing i dont like about the Corsa or Corsa clones is they look pretty nice on a T/A but on a Camaro its hard to pull off. It looks nice when you look at it directly from the back but if you look at it from an angle or side view of the car you can see how short they are and the welds connected to your stock pipes which doesnt look clean to me. I had the longer slashed tips on my 93 Z and it looked sick from all angles but i do agree they are more suited on a mustang then a camaro.

I have the CME tips and just sold them, not worth paying 400+ for a Valence that you have to dump more money into to get it to fit right and on a regular Z doenst look as nice as it would on a SS with the nice wing out back. So in the end decided to just go with some other aftermarket tips. Right now ive just painted my stock ones Black
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The only thing i dont like about the Corsa or Corsa clones is they look pretty nice on a T/A but on a Camaro its hard to pull off. It looks nice when you look at it directly from the back but if you look at it from an angle or side view of the car you can see how short they are and the welds connected to your stock pipes which doesnt look clean to me. I had the longer slashed tips on my 93 Z and it looked sick from all angles but i do agree they are more suited on a mustang then a camaro.

I have the CME tips and just sold them, not worth paying 400+ for a Valence that you have to dump more money into to get it to fit right and on a regular Z doenst look as nice as it would on a SS with the nice wing out back. So in the end decided to just go with some other aftermarket tips. Right now ive just painted my stock ones Black
    yeah ive never really seen the corsas on that many camaros, i see what you mean about it not looking clean, thats not an issue with the TA. but imo they are the best looking tip for a TA. better suited with the rear end.

i dont even know if this would work, be kinda cool though, anyone ever seen a TA bumper on a camaro?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i like corsa clones

Pewter
    02 WS6

best i got

Click for full size
    Thanks man. I'm gonna order mine this week. I wanted to see how far yours stuck out,I heard some people had a problem with the tips melting the surrounding plastic? But I definatley want the real Corsa's. I'm getting mine in 2.5'' inlet to fit my SLP lm1, I was told by someone at Corsa that there slash tip is the same on all there app's 3.5'' outlets? The one's i'm ordering are for the STS's, I don't want to use an increaser (want to keep it clean) is why I ask.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks man. I'm gonna order mine this week. I wanted to see how far yours stuck out,I heard some people had a problem with the tips melting the surrounding plastic? But I definatley want the real Corsa's. I'm getting mine in 2.5'' inlet to fit my SLP lm1, I was told by someone at Corsa that there slash tip is the same on all there app's 3.5'' outlets? The one's i'm ordering are for the STS's, I don't want to use an increaser (want to keep it clean) is why I ask.
    yeah, mine are 3.5" tips. the inlet is 2.5". wanna hear something crazy... i got mine on ebay new for $145 shipped for the pair. jumped all over that. best deal i have ever seen on them.

but yeah, they sit inside the bumper, which looks good. i HATE when tips stick out past the bumper. and i used adjustable exhaust straps to pull the exhaust/tips closer to the bumper. most aftermarket catbacks hang too low i think. heres a pic with my old hooker tips before i adjusted it.

i hated those tips
    Last edited by mpfranks; 03-01-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Pewter
    02 WS6

yeah, mine are 3.5" tips. the inlet is 2.5". wanna hear something crazy... i got mine on ebay new for $145 shipped for the pair. jumped all over that. best deal i have ever seen on them.

but yeah, they sit inside the bumper, which looks good. i HATE when tips stick out past the bumper. and i used adjustable exhaust straps to pull the exhaust/tips closer to the bumper. most aftermarket catbacks hang too low i think. heres a pic with my old hooker tips before i adjusted it.

Click for full size

Click for full size

i hated those tips
    Me too. Mine will sit up & in. So yours are the STS ones also? Being 2.5'' inlets. There the exact same as the ones that come with the f-boy kit just have a 2.5'' I.D. instead of 3'' I.D. Did you weld yours in?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

no, stainless clamps. but you can weld if you want. just make sure that you dont want to change them. and come to think of it mine are 3", or 2 3/4" inlet. i had to put a filler/shim piece in there. i got them so cheap i couldnt pass on it. and i kinda forgot that my exhaust outlets werent 3". but it wasnt a bid deal. lol, but yeah, just having them 2.5" inlet to start with would have been much easier.

how much are the ones youre getting?

Pewter
    02 WS6

no, stainless clamps. but you can weld if you want. just make sure that you dont want to change them. and come to think of it mine are 3", or 2 3/4" inlet. i had to put a filler/shim piece in there. i got them so cheap i couldnt pass on it. and i kinda forgot that my exhaust outlets werent 3". but it wasnt a bid deal. lol, but yeah, just having them 2.5" inlet to start with would have been much easier.

how much are the ones youre getting?
    Let's just say a LITTLE more than you payed.

Black
    2002 T/A WS.6 -- ASC#12

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I know these are a little more expensive, but these are closer to the actual corsa's than the ebay ones. I think they are worth the extra $50.

http://www.chromeandperformance.com/corsatips.html
    I couldnt get a hold of these guys to save my damn life, e-mail and phone call w/ message and nothing returned?!?!?1

Anyone know a better way?!?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Let's just say a LITTLE more than you payed.
    prob about as much as your catback....

Pewter
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 13 View Post
    I couldnt get a hold of these guys to save my damn life, e-mail and phone call w/ message and nothing returned?!?!?1

Anyone know a better way?!?
    How about these?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...aust-tips.html

Pewter
    02 WS6

prob about as much as your catback....
    No not that bad. But surely not as good a deal as you got.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

those are only 3" outlets

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information