Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Dust is my enemy

I have a black 02 WS6, and I have a problem that after every wash and/or wax, I get major dust on my car, like within an hour it is very noticeable. The car is always garage stored, sees rain once in a blue moon if I get caught outside. And I use Meguires three step system for waxing. I know that I could reduce the amount of dust on the car by throwing my cover over it, but that could be a real pain everytime I want to drive it. I could also use my california duster every few days, but that could also become a nuissance. Does anyone have any idea as to other ways to keep the car dust free? Are there any products out there that would reduce the amount of dust? Just looking for ideas...thanks.

red
    04 pontiac gto

welcome to the world of owning a blk car.theres not much we can do to prevent this but man doesnt a freshly washed/waxed blk car look sweet.during spring/summer season i must wash mine at least 3-5 times a week and wax it once a month.nothing else really you can do except put a plastic bubble around it and never drive it but that would take all the fun out of owning one now wouldnt it..good luck if you find any ideads on how to keep it clean pass them this way.

Black
    2000 Firebird Formula WS6

I feel your pain bro. I live in Yuma, Arizona with a black WS6 Formula... dust is everywhere. I do the same thing you do pretty much.. keep on washing it.
    2000 Firehawk: Moser 12 bolt, Stainless headers, True dual exhaust, Ram HD clutch/Billet steel flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, Sub-frame connectors, Ported throttle body, Pro 5.0 shifter, Lid
    2000 Formula WS6: lid, Custom FRCs, NOS5177

Black
    '97 Trans Am

You can build a high tech garage that constantly circulates the air while filtering to get rid of any and all dust in the air. lol

Or learn to live with it and accept that its the price you have to pay for having such a sexy car. California duster and a car cover is the only way to get rid of the dust. Waxing it will help too but you already do that. Theres no special waxes that I know of that cuts down dust. But a calforania duster doesnt take that long.

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by 97PredatorTA
    You can build a high tech garage that constantly circulates the air while filtering to get rid of any and all dust in the air. lol

Or learn to live with it and accept that its the price you have to pay for having such a sexy car. California duster and a car cover is the only way to get rid of the dust. Waxing it will help too but you already do that. Theres no special waxes that I know of that cuts down dust. But a calforania duster doesnt take that long.
    the dusters dont scratch do they?.plus when is too much dust enough not to use a duster?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I know, it is a major pain in the a$$, but I am elarnign to live with it. And I tend to not use the california duster if dust has built up for more than about a week and a half. If it reaches that point I will wash it. Wish I could build a garage to recirculate and filter the air. Would be easy enough to design being a mechanical engineer, just too costly...lol.

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by dunn9927
    I know, it is a major pain in the a$$, but I am elarnign to live with it. And I tend to not use the california duster if dust has built up for more than about a week and a half. If it reaches that point I will wash it. Wish I could build a garage to recirculate and filter the air. Would be easy enough to design being a mechanical engineer, just too costly...lol.
    imagine if a company was able to make a wax that repels dust...wow cha ching

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Yeah I park mine in the carport and it is covered in pollen and dust. Makes for a pain when I leave the t-tops out and the windows down in the carport and it is covered in dust.

Quote Originally Posted by 97PredatorTA

+ 1

Black
    '97 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    the dusters dont scratch do they?.plus when is too much dust enough not to use a duster?
    If you have a new duster and you go very lightly I don't think it scratches, but I'm not 100% sure. Depends on what we're considering scratches. If were talking about something less than swirl marks left by like, say, normal washing, then I would say it doesn't scratch. But I'm sure it technically does leave some scratches because whenever you touch a car it leaves some sort of scratch lol.

I have noticed once on my car after I had quite a bit of dust buildup that it left slight swirls, but I shouldnt have used it then. There was too much dust and should have been washed. You just have to kind of know how much dust is too much. When in doubt, just wash it.

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

The California Duster will not leave scratches.
    I had a black gtp and I feel your pain. I dusted that damn car everyday when
    it was clean. It even shows on my red T/A. I still have it, and still use
    it. Best investment!

Quote Originally Posted by superman4evr
    The California Duster will not leave scratches.
    I had a black gtp and I feel your pain. I dusted that damn car everyday when
    it was clean. It even shows on my red T/A. I still have it, and still use
    it. Best investment!
    Def. agree I have a 2002 WS6, black on black, I know what all you guys are sayin. Plus I'm currently stationed in N.C, and the pollin is horrible. It was about 16 bucks and it takes 10 min. tops to do the entire car,plus the dirtier it gets the more it is supposed to work,(can't attest to that yet),but try it. Can't go wrong.

red
    04 pontiac gto

how do u clean the california dusters after you use

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    how do u clean the california dusters after you use

You shake it out

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

Or vacuum it at the car wash.

Black
    2002 Transam ws6

It's a pain, I dust my TA every night. I am thinking about a custom paint job to cover up some of the black. Not sure, but I want it to be one of a kind. Any ideas out there?

Quote Originally Posted by timmyvws6
    It's a pain, I dust my TA every night. I am thinking about a custom paint job to cover up some of the black. Not sure, but I want it to be one of a kind. Any ideas out there?
    Did you ever see a black car or know anyone with a black car before you bought one? It's common knowledge of how high maintinance they are. If you didn't want to deal with it you should have bought another color!

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by trans-am nut
    Did you ever see a black car or know anyone with a black car before you bought one? It's common knowledge of how high maintinance they are. If you didn't want to deal with it you should have bought another color!
    go easy here .he's just looking for ideas on how to keep it clean

Black
    2002 Transam ws6

Any pics of a black T/A with flames?

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by timmyvws6
    Any pics of a black T/A with flames?
    i think your looking in the wrong place.try a different thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information