Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

Dupli-color touch up

Just wondering if anyone has used the Dupli-color touch up paints at all? my front bumper cover is messed up around the front lisence plate and i just want to touch it up for right now until i actually get the whole car repainted (which will be a while)

also have some damage on my passenger side front fender, i was thinking about sanding it down and i read somewhere about using fiber glass to fix it? or if i can find a good price on a front fender i'll just buy a used front fender in decent shape.

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appriciate it

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used the Dupli-color touch up paints at all? my front bumper cover is messed up around the front lisence plate and i just want to touch it up for right now until i actually get the whole car repainted (which will be a while)

Click for full size

also have some damage on my passenger side front fender, i was thinking about sanding it down and i read somewhere about using fiber glass to fix it? or if i can find a good price on a front fender i'll just buy a used front fender in decent shape.

Click for full size

if anyone has any advice i would greatly appriciate it
    Well I dont think you could make it any worse using some touch up on it. I asked the same question about touch up last week and they told me to go here. paintscratch.com I was going to order the bigger spray can. The fender I would try to fiberglass from the inside first.
    2000 Z28 M6 125,XXX: SLP lid, K&N, 10.4mm Taylor plug wires, Frost Tune, P&P TB, NGK Iridium plugs, Magnaflow Cat back, BMR SFC's and tower brace, TSP LT's and ORY, LS6 intake, MAC Girdle, UMI LCA's and Panhard, LS7 Clutch Kit, so far..

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

thanks for the reply.. i'm thinking i'm just going to wait to get a new fender instead of fixing that one. I was looking on the inside of the fender, and i really hate saying this, but the guy that had the car before i guess was in a wreck, they straightened out everything inside but i guess it broke the tabs off the fender that hold it and the bumper together, instead of fixing it right they actually used those big black metal paperclips to hold them together..... yeah.....

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

thanks for the reply.. i'm thinking i'm just going to wait to get a new fender instead of fixing that one. I was looking on the inside of the fender, and i really hate saying this, but the guy that had the car before i guess was in a wreck, they straightened out everything inside but i guess it broke the tabs off the fender that hold it and the bumper together, instead of fixing it right they actually used those big black metal paperclips to hold them together..... yeah.....
    sorry to hear that man, gotta hate ppl who hide shit..

ford ranger

If the is no damage other then the chipping paint then I would just sand it down prime then spray with your rattle can.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wow! How did that happen? I'd do as suggested above and remove it sand it, prime, and paint.. Then get an after market fender to round out the spray project imho..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

If you don't remove it and plan on painting the whole thing later, just spray it and wet sand it with 2000 grit till its even. color will probably be off a bit though (new white VS old white)

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

Just incase anyone else is wondering about the dupli-color touch up color match spray paint.. Its awesome!! I just started my front bumper today, i left it on the car, cleaned it up, sanded it wit 1500 grit to rough it up. In the area around the lisence plate i had to use some putty to fill in since that was the worst of my damage. I am waiting for the putty to dry so i can sand it down, probably won't be able to paint that area until tomorrow. But the rest of it is looking great for being a rattle can! I'm just doing this for a temporary fix so i know its not going to be perfect. I'll get pictures tomorrow when i am finished

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

White is probably not that hard to find in your correct shade but I'm having trouble finding this "Rally Red" that's on my son's car in any form, rattle can, touch up, etc... Not to high-jack your thread but if anybody knows a good source to find the Dupli-color in this shade of red please post it. I've ordered from the Paint Scratch place before and they are kind of high for rattle can paints.

EDIT: Dupli-Color actually lists it as Bright Red (Paint code U8774)
    Last edited by Superwoody; 03-11-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    White is probably not that hard to find in your correct shade but I'm having trouble finding this "Rally Red" that's on my son's car in any form, rattle can, touch up, etc... Not to high-jack your thread but if anybody knows a good source to find the Dupli-color in this shade of red please post it. I've ordered from the Paint Scratch place before and they are kind of high for rattle can paints.
    Is the paint on his car a stock color? Cuz, if it is, Dupli color will have it And, around here, Kragen Auto and the like carry it.

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

I bought mine from advanced autoparts. The guy there said they are just starting to carry the dupli-color, color match stuff, so it might take some time to get in your color.

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

Before

After

I know its not perfect and i know that crack is still there, like i said this is just temporary. But for $25 and 2 hours of my time i think it was definatly worth it and looks pretty damn good!

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

Def gonna check into that, my son's Maro needs a few spots touched up and I'm thinking this is the ticket! Good post

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I know its not perfect and i know that crack is still there, like i said this is just temporary. But for $25 and 2 hours of my time i think it was definatly worth it and looks pretty damn good!
    Looks pretty good Just need some clear

White
    01 SS Vert

beautiful Rotty! I miss my sisters old one...had to be put down last year.

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

thanks guys! it does still need some clear i only did one light coat so far.

Thanks for the comment on the Rott! and sorry to hear about sisters.. i don't even want to think about lossing mine.. he is 8 months old and already 72lbs!

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Looks pretty good Just need some clear
    Are you suppose to wait a few days before you clear it for the paint to cure?

White
    01 SS Vert

thanks guys! it does still need some clear i only did one light coat so far.

Thanks for the comment on the Rott! and sorry to hear about sisters.. i don't even want to think about lossing mine.. he is 8 months old and already 72lbs!
    Rotts are great dogs, depending on bloodline and the owners. My sisters' was almost 10 years old, so that's old for a Rott. She got jaw cancer and quit eating...she was put down within a week of finding out. My sister also has a 3 year old son and that dog always watched out for her son. It was great to see the dog walk over and lick the child as well. Great bond between those two. She is now waiting till he's 6-7 before they get another one, so both he and the dog can grow up together.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    Are you suppose to wait a few days before you clear it for the paint to cure?
    You probably want to do a little color sanding then the clear. Just check the can for instructions for drying time.

Here's the Duplicolor site.

http://www.duplicolor.com/index.html
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 03-12-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: To add a link

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

The GM code for Bright Rally Red is 81U.

Maybe this can help you find the duplicolor you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information