Dirtyest car in town...Why?

My new WS6 is giving me fits. Every vehicle I've ever owned has been abused, taken offroad, run through mud, gone weeks if not months at a time without a wash...but when taken to a high pressure spray carwash they all came clean, shiny clean, even the black one looked clean after.
    But the new WS6 (dark blue) is ridiculously dirty and it gets sprayed every few days. The dirt NEVER comes off, it looks clean for a second but then its dry and looks dirty again.

Could this be something to do with the kind of wax the dealer used on the car before he sold it to me. I insisted that the car be freshly washed, waxed, and detailed before I arrived to buy it and that day...and for 2 weeks after, it looked great. But since then the dirt has been a part of the car, its like its right in the paint, or the wax rather.

Is this a characteristic of certain waxes? cheap ones? I think I need to strip the car down to basics and wash/wax with something decent.
    I've heard dish detergent is about the best way to do this, does anyone else have any input on why the car holds dirt or how the best way to clean the car down to clear coat and remove any old wax?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    My new WS6 is giving me fits. Every vehicle I've ever owned has been abused, taken offroad, run through mud, gone weeks if not months at a time without a wash...but when taken to a high pressure spray carwash they all came clean, shiny clean, even the black one looked clean after.
    But the new WS6 (dark blue) is ridiculously dirty and it gets sprayed every few days. The dirt NEVER comes off, it looks clean for a second but then its dry and looks dirty again.

Could this be something to do with the kind of wax the dealer used on the car before he sold it to me. I insisted that the car be freshly washed, waxed, and detailed before I arrived to buy it and that day...and for 2 weeks after, it looked great. But since then the dirt has been a part of the car, its like its right in the paint, or the wax rather.

Is this a characteristic of certain waxes? cheap ones? I think I need to strip the car down to basics and wash/wax with something decent.
    I've heard dish detergent is about the best way to do this, does anyone else have any input on why the car holds dirt or how the best way to clean the car down to clear coat and remove any old wax?
    They may have waxed it, but didn't clean it first, or used a really cheap wax and rushed through it.

Use dawn to wash her down. This will clean it really well. But you will need to wax afterwards.

If you want to do something fairly cheap, but looks awesome, try Meguiars 3 step deep crystal system. See results of mine here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97562

Recommendations:

Use step 1 on one panel. If it doesn't look clean afterwards you may have to use a claybar on her.

Make sure you do all three steps as 1 and 2 do not protect the vehicle. Only three will add the protection.

Electron Blue
    2002 C5 Z06

Dirt sticks to my car like glue too. Pressure washing won't get it off either. I suggest you just hand wash it because that's the only way I can truly get it clean. Plus nothing shows your car how much you care better than scrubbing it down yourself And to get rid of all the old wax dish detergent will do the trick like you said, but you can use just about any car soap on any and all subsequent car washes.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

DONT USE DISH SOAP it ruins the clear I have seen it first hand

Black
    1998 WS6 Convert

If you use dawn once and then wax it and keep it waxed you should not have to use it again.
    Dawn will strip everything off the paint so do not wash the car with it all the time.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

I have a black camaro and basically it's great paint and i love it. This is my second black f-body and the problem you are having is a couple things i think, cause i used to have the same problem.
    -You can't pressure wash it at the drive in thing and you can't wash it in the sun, it simply won't clean it. You have to wash it by hand and dry it completely. Then you have to be sure to leave no water spots. The nature of that color is that it's real deep and shiny, but as a result it shows everything.

I use meguiars wax once a month at least and wash it like that about once every 4 days to a week, and everyone says it stays very clean, but my standards are kind of rediculous so i don't agree.

Thread Information