The Rookie

Clear turn signal lenses??

Anybody have a good source for the clear turn signal lenses?

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

well I got mine from afterthoughtauto.com

Got them awhile ago so I can't remember if that's the place. But it included orange bulbs too.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Got mine on ebay for about $40. That was the front and backs, even came with bulbs.

Rob

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    Got mine on ebay for about $40. That was the front and backs, even came with bulbs.
    They got clear ones for the back?!?!?! (back meaning the small rectangular ones near the back?) nice!

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Contra[SS]
    They got clear ones for the back?!?!?! (back meaning the small rectangular ones near the back?) nice!
    Yep !

Rob

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

R K Sport was selling them-front and back.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    R K Sport was selling them-front and back.
    I like them, but they'er too expensive. The only thing I've purchased from them are t-shirts and a billit cigarette lighter replacement. Ebay is much cheaper .

Rob

Last of the Breed Pewter02Formula's Avatar

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Firebird Formula

I got mine from afterthoughtsauto.com. I put red & amber LEDs in them instead of regular bulbs. They're pretty sharp.

redls1bird
    ebay is a great source, jsut beware that things are always as they seem. i found out recently with a few of my purchases. oh well...

The Rookie
    Well afterthought is booked out until the end of october on them. anybody else have a good source?

The Rookie
    I just bought some from procarparts.com for 28 bucks. The were called Camaro Euro Diamond clear signal lights. Got them through Ebay. I let you know how they look when i get them.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter02Formula
    I got mine from afterthoughtsauto.com. I put red & amber LEDs in them instead of regular bulbs. They're pretty sharp.
    I was thinking about doing that, but I'm not sure when it comes to LED lights. What info do you have on yours? Make, model number, etc.. That way I can look them up and see where to buy.

Rob

The Rookie
    got mine today from Pro Car Parts. Just finished getting them in. They look awesome! Not bad at all for 28 bucks which included shipping. www.procarparts.com or try getting them through them on ebay like I did.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    got mine today from Pro Car Parts. Just finished getting them in. They look awesome! Not bad at all for 28 bucks which included shipping. www.procarparts.com or try getting them through them on ebay like I did.

Wait, lol, I'm confused. Did you get them from Pro Car Parts or ebay?!

The Rookie
    Sorry for the confusion.... I got them on ebay, which came from pro car parts.

dustinhickman
    just remember that if you use clear lenses you need to use led bulbes. the regular bulbes will melt the housing. i learned this the hard way after melting two sets on two different cars. i have the clear lenses from afterthought with leds and have had no problems after almost two years.

dustin

ps i have ordered some parts from pro car parts on ebay and they are execellent to deal with, and rksports in my opinion sucks!

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dustinhickman
    just remember that if you use clear lenses you need to use led bulbes. the regular bulbes will melt the housing. i learned this the hard way after melting two sets on two different cars. i have the clear lenses from afterthought with leds and have had no problems after almost two years.
    I've had no problem whatsoever with my clear corner lenses. I've had them for about 1.5 - 2 years and also got them from afterthoughtsauto. The bulbs that come with the clear lenses are the standard bulbs you can buy from any auto store and shouldn't melt the housing at all.
    Maybe you got some poor quality clear corner lenses? Or a possibly a wiring problem??
    Anyways, I've had no problem with melting and highly recommend the lenses for a nice clean look!

dustinhickman
    the ones that i had that melted were from rksports, two different sets on two differnet cars. i did not notice that they were melted until i tried to change the bulbs. i also drive with the parking lights on all of the time, so that might have helped speed up the process. the lenses that i have not are from AA and have not melted but i have leds in them.

dustin

Slammedchevy01
    If you use Hyperwhite bulbs they are more likely to melt, so put some di-electrical grease on the socket. Any pics of clear corners installed on some Z's or T/A's?

The Rookie
    here's mine with them. I love em. Used the bulbs that came with them. No probs so far.

Last edited by The Rookie; 10-26-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Thread Information