Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Carbon Fiber Dipped Interior Parts on my G8

This is a discussion on Carbon Fiber Dipped Interior Parts on my G8 within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; That is BAD ASS!!! Real sweet!...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

That is BAD ASS!!!

Real sweet!

White and blue 30th/ Blue
    1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

Thanks! I am glad you liked it!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

What's up Adam!

1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

Long time no talk Jaison. I thought after not hearing back from the last few messages, you were pretty much done with me and my car. Good to see you bud.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

We have a sponsor that does awesome work

EMBLEMPROS.com will be offering Hydrographic Dip

Black
    1999 trans am

bad ass !

1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

Thanks Stew!

1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

After close to a year has gone by, I just wanted to update that everything still looks as good as the day I put it back in. Even when my wife scratches the glove box with her purse when she puts it in the floor and all. Still looks BRAND new and gets a ton of props everywhere I go. 3D Liquid Graphics did an amazing job. I would tell anyone and everyone who is interested in spicing up their car in some cosmetic way to get in touch with them. You can tell them Adam sent ya and you are looking for ideas. Or just let them know what you are looking to get done.

1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

I may be beating a dead horse by bringing this old thread back up. Some people are new to the site though, so this may be news to them. Also, getting into the winter months brings in some down time for a number of cars. Best time to dismantle and send parts in.

My wife got into the car the other day and went to put her purse on the floorboard. The metal design cut into the glove box I had done. She was not being careful at all. I thought it had to happen at some point (scratch in the material). The purse was squished between her knee and the dash causing a real forced scratch. I meant to take a picture of the 5" scratch that made a white line on the glove box. But I was not thinking straight at the moment.

I was not sure what to do. Grabbed the Meguiar's detailer. It got the "chalk" off, but the line was still there. I grabbed wax thinking it was worth a shot in place of sending it back in to get done again. A little wax, and not only did it make the piece shine like crazy, but it also made the scratch go away totally. If you run your nail, it hits the groove (which tells me she really did a number to it), but no matter how many pictures I took, or how hard you look, you can't see ANYTHING wrong at all. Looks perfect.

In fact all of the items have held up 100%. No pealing, flaking, discoloring, or any other issues at all. Just a ton of complements everywhere I go. You know its done right when car guys say, "That is cool. Did it come from the factory that way". You know done its right when people can't figure out if its something you did on GM did.

The guys at 3DLiquidGraphics just did an awesome job. In most cases you get what you pay for. With their process, you get a ton more than you paid for. Many people offer this type of service. Few can hold a candle to their type of work though. If you want to stop by and tell them Adam from the car forums sent you, they should work you out the best price they can. I don't get anything from it, so you don't have to mention me, but you may get a better deal if you do. Since they like to work with forum members and word of mouth.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It might just be me, but real "car guys" or girls for that matter know it didn't come from the factory that way

Perhaps if 3D Liquid Graphics like dealing with forum members so much, they would be interested in becoming a sponsor

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That is a really cool thing. I have been thinking of it all day.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

I've wanted to do my intake, but I'm not sure if it would hold up to the under the hood heat.

This stuff looks good in your G8 though!!

1999 TA/09.5 G8 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    That is a really cool thing. I have been thinking of it all day.
    Thanks, it sets the car apart from that cheap plastic interior feel

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    I've wanted to do my intake, but I'm not sure if it would hold up to the under the hood heat.

This stuff looks good in your G8 though!!
    I had the supercharger dipped on my Vette, and it had no issues after 20,000 miles when I traded it in. A friend had her fan shroud, Fuse box cover, and cold air intake done and no problems at all. I would say you are safe. On the G8 boards, someone did their rear diffuser which gets rocks, every type of weather, tire crap etc. and it still wipes off and looks like new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information