Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

car got keyd! help?

This is a discussion on car got keyd! help? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; well my car got keyd in the parking lot the other day, from the front quarter panel, all the way ...

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

car got keyd! help?

well my car got keyd in the parking lot the other day, from the front quarter panel, all the way to the back on the passenger side. and a little piece of the door on the edge by the door handle. about the size of a finger nail. how much do you think it will cost to get this fixed?

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Forget about fixing it, time to go hunting.

Sorry to hear someone would do that to your car.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by harri_z28 View Post
    well my car got keyd in the parking lot the other day, from the front quarter panel, all the way to the back on the passenger side. and a little piece of the door on the edge by the door handle. about the size of a finger nail. how much do you think it will cost to get this fixed?
    wow would i be fucking PISSSED......any ideas of who coulda done it??? and itll cost a pretty penny im sure

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

well this one kid was talkin shit to me, the next day my car was keyd, but he swears up and down he didnt do it. i just wish i knew how much i was looking at here to fix it..

pewter

well this one kid was talkin shit to me, the next day my car was keyd, but he swears up and down he didnt do it. i just wish i knew how much i was looking at here to fix it..
    repaint the entire side of your car? like i said a lot....prolly over a 1000

NBM
    99 TA

beat his ass anyway... just in case

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    beat his ass anyway... just in case
    +1. get no witnesses and find a place without cameras and hold a .45 to his head and make him admit guilt and record it on tape... then make him pay for it.. if he tries to get you arrested ask him for proof! muwahhaha

NBM
    2000 Pontiac T/A WS6

lol, ^ what he said works 100% of the time. even if he didnt do it.

that sucks though. only a complete coward would do something like that, keying a car, egging cars, breaking windows etc. if you got a problem with someone go to THEM, dont vandalize their shit you pussy.

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

what would be the cheapest way out?

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

How deep is it? This may be a stupid, but have you tried seeing if its buffable? Only other way to get ideas is to start calling around or heading to body shops to get quotes.

White
    1999 Firebird Trans Am

Try meguairs scratch x and a buffer,,Keep working the Scratch X into the scratch for a long period of time,,You have to be patient when useing this stuff,,,anyway it might not make the scratch dissapear but it will make it much less visible

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Try a clay bar as well, i have used Mothers cleaner wax, show time and my clay bar before and gotten scratches almost to the point of unnoticeable, A warning it could take hours to do...... I did it on my dads civic one afternoon and you couldnt tell he hit anything, i did it on my car on a few spots and its hard to tell without walking up and rubbing at it or staring really hard. People have keyed my car in spots too...........

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

oh and guess what? my damn cousin swung my passenger door open, hit a gas pump, and it chipped a piece of my door! im having bad luck! what the hell do i do that fix that? and info?

pewter

oh and guess what? my damn cousin swung my passenger door open, hit a gas pump, and it chipped a piece of my door! im having bad luck! what the hell do i do that fix that? and info?
    get some new family and stop parking your car in volitale areas ..lol

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

haha great advice, but now for my car, what all is involved in fixing a chipped piece of fiberglass?

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

haha great advice, but now for my car, what all is involved in fixing a chipped piece of fiberglass?

A body shop

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Dude, your probably looking at maybe 5- 7 hundred, not over a thousand. At least here. It takes sanding down the key mark and fiberglass spot, fixing with putty accordingly, then blending in the paint and reclearing the whole side. It would take probably 3 days roughly to fix.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

you get what you pay for so just save your money and do it right the 1st time. find you a good body shop is the best thing to do. i got scrued trying to save a few buck and had to do it all over. i would say you are looking at more like 3000 for all of it. mabe more.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

first off your cousin owes you money. then, do you have full coverage and did you get a police report? cause insurance will pay for it in that case. otherwise it's gonna cost a good bit to do it right. I imagine it's through the clear and most or all of the paint if someone keyed it with the intent of messing up your paint. I would send the cops to that guys house to question him, cause if he didn't do it i bet he knows who did.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Well you should turn it into your insurance company.. if you have comprehensive it covers vandalism .. depending on your deductible will determine what you'd have to pay.. and no your rates don't go up if you turn something in so don't believe that bullshit.. unless you have a history of things turned in
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information