Car Bra's

This is a discussion on Car Bra's within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; What can you guys tell me about them.... Who makes a good one. ?? Price's ?? Are they worth the ...

NBM
    2000 WS6

Car Bra's

What can you guys tell me about them....
    Who makes a good one. ??
    Price's ??
    Are they worth the money ?
    Do they hurt the paint ?

Did a little looking around myself and could only find that Colgan makes one that fits a Ram Air model......
    Any input would be appreciated......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I bought my car with a 3m clear bra allready installed. I really don't like it much. When rocks hit it is looks worse than if it just hit the paint. Also it doesn't contour around bends and corners really well. If you do get one, make sure it is a 3M product though, they don't yellow like the others.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

NBM
    2000 WS6

Thanks Jay....I was looking more at the black vinyl ones. Somthing you can take off and on pretty easy........(and still look good)

Bright silver metallic
    2002 Trans am Firehawk

I have the colgan bra, and have used it year round before in snow, salty roads, rain. Yes a bra can scratch the hell out of your car, and it can protect the front when going on road trips. My boy had the le bra one on his black grand prix gtp, and it is not a tight it and it flopped and sratched his front bad. I love my colgan one and I pull mine off and clean the inside of the cover as well as waxing the front of my car every other weekend or longer. Just have to be smart and it's great for riding around or road trips, but cleaning it and the front of your car is a must to be safe.

Click for full size
    My Cardomain site
    My Fquick Page
    2002 Trans am Firehawk #1426 SLP options with Bilstein pkg,Manual 6

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

They're good for road trips but i wouldn't leave them on all the time as they'll fade or damage the paint.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    They're good for road trips but i wouldn't leave them on all the time as they'll fade or damage the paint.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sleepinghawk View Post
    I have the colgan bra, and have used it year round before in snow, salty roads, rain. Yes a bra can scratch the hell out of your car, and it can protect the front when going on road trips. My boy had the le bra one on his black grand prix gtp, and it is not a tight it and it flopped and sratched his front bad. I love my colgan one and I pull mine off and clean the inside of the cover as well as waxing the front of my car every other weekend or longer. Just have to be smart and it's great for riding around or road trips, but cleaning it and the front of your car is a must to be safe.

Click for full size
    Is that the Colgan ??? If it is it looks good...
    Colgan is the only one I found that makes it for the WS-6 hood anymore ( That I found anyway).....

Only going to be using this for longer road trips so I hope it doesn't hurt the paint if I don't leave it on too long.

The car doesn't have one nick on it and I'd like to keep it that way.....

Thanks for the input guys...Much appreciated....

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

When my car used to go on road trips, I'd strap on the bra I got for it. It's a true Chevrolet Camaro bra I ordered through one of the parts departments here. I think it cost me around $85.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    When my car used to go on road trips, I'd strap on the bra I got for it. It's a true Chevrolet Camaro bra I ordered through one of the parts departments here. I think it cost me around $85.
    I ordered a Colgan from Afterthought's. Only place I could find one. Not cheap though.....$140.00......I'll let you guys know how it is . Not due in till around 3/15.

Thread Information