Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Camaro Twin-turbo vs. Suncoast Ultra-Z Hood

Hey, I've been trying to make a decision about what kind of hood I should get in the future. Since I have the K&N FIPK, the SS hoods won't be the best decision for induction, and the Warbird hoods is a trans am style (think about it though...camaro with a ws6 hood....ws6 with an SS hood), and the SLP Ultra-Z hood doesn't look too good IMO. So its between the twin-turbo hood or the Suncoast Ultra-Z hood. Anyone have pictures they can share on these hoods?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    Hey, I've been trying to make a decision about what kind of hood I should get in the future. Since I have the K&N FIPK, the SS hoods won't be the best decision for induction, and the Warbird hoods is a trans am style (think about it though...camaro with a ws6 hood....ws6 with an SS hood), and the SLP Ultra-Z hood doesn't look too good IMO. So its between the twin-turbo hood or the Suncoast Ultra-Z hood. Anyone have pictures they can share on these hoods?
    I have a aftermarket SS hood on w/ the FIPK and it works out pretty well...But here's the hood I'm switching to...
    http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/sdetail/8735

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro

I also have a fipk with an ss hood actually feels better since I put the hood on. Why do you say that the ss hood wont be a good option?

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

MikeSomething, mecham hoods are fucking expensive. If I had the money, I'd love to get one though...

The SS hood has a narrow slit specifically to ram air into a lid, not the FIPK. Although I'm sure it does deliver air to the system, I'm sure a system with ram air right over or in front of the FIPK would do wonders more. Also, I have read an article about the SS hood and the air temperatures of the air it delevers. The engine "bakes" the air, since it has to travel near the engine. Personally I wouldn't care about this slight difference in HP if I liked the SS hood, but I'd like to go with something different.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

btw NBM white leather is sexy...i was gonna get a 97 SS because i fell in love with the leather matching interior

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

SS hoods tunnel over the engine, it's been tested and proven that they soak up heat from the engine in traffic and even at low speeds and although they provide extra air it's very hot air, so it's true that they aren't the best option for anything mroe than styling.

Mike, have you seen the dual heat extractor hood in person?!?!! It's effin sweeeet. You're gonna have to do a lot of work to smooth it out though, it's not quality fiberglass work from the two I've seen. I really want one but after seeing them in person and how poor the fiberglass work is I can't seedropping that king of $$$ on it. A guy here picked one up for $400 bucks though, and that is easily worth it, it's probably my favorite hood on our Zs. I think I will go ultra-Z

Thread Information