Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Camaro clear lights

Has any one out there bought a set of Camaro clear front signal lights and the rear side marker lights from ebay?

I know, we have a million ebay threads.

I searched before I bought looking for any one that had the lights. After my research I selected a seller and pressed the red button of doom.

I'm looking for ebay clear light owners. you can PM me the seller name to keep this thread on the level.

The question I have for the ebay clear light owners out there is.... Did your light separate at the narrow corner? As soon as I opened the box and checked out the lights. The first thing I noticed was absolutely how cheap they were. Then I noticed the front clear lens was separating from the housing. These things are not sealed and no way will these things last.

I wanted to see if any one out there had the same problem. I am sending mine back. I just wanted to see how many people bought these. Did you keep them? Did you send them back? If you kept them did you try to RTV or JB Weld them together? My fear of trying to fix them is the curve. It almost seems as if the clear lens model was not made with the correct curve. There is a naturally pull causing the lens to separate from the housing. It's because the curve of the lens doesn't match the housing correctly.

any way....if any one is thinking of buying ebay lights...as many threads say, you get what you pay for.

I would ask you check around and ask about the Anzo lights our sponsors sell. I will gladly take a small amber reflector if it meant getting quality lights.

My wife an I picked the ebay lights because they were clear, and no amber at all. Big huge dumb #%#$%#$% mistake, lol....

Hopefully someone out there as bought the ebay lights and can share their story.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

well, don't buy the ebay clear turn signal and side marker lights. the are crap junk from over seas. I had three sets shipped to me, all of them had the lens separate form the housing. Just absolute junk.

Spend the cash on the Anzos or similar quality. I was lucky and scored a set of used lights (perfect shape) from Hawks Third Gen. Unfortunately they said the manufacture doesn't make them any more. But there are definitely lights out there that are OEM quality and not expensive either.

ARCTIC WHITE
    2002 35TH ANNIVERSARY Z28

Just installed some from epartsgogo. Fit good and don't appear to be cheap. Only time will tell though

2002 35TH ANNIVERSARY Z28

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i have them and had no problems. don't remember who i got then from.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

ah, i got lucky. Hawks 3rd Gen had a set of used on ebay. They are perfect, and man what a steal.

I can honestly say after three returns of those other lights. I can without a doubt say the ebay clear lights are a joke. The ones I got used where just like factory, only clear, and perfect.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

i just looked at the epartsgogo store. the pics look just like the ones i was able to get.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

nope, my mistake. that ebay pick looks good, but i see the back is painted chrome. Mine are just like factory, gray hard plastic, and such.

glad to hear you guys got a good pair.

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

I got a set with my headlights and the markers did start seperating and getting water in them all the time. I just ran really hot facuet water on them (probably 140*+) and the glue melted perfectly to remove and I used grey silicone to seal them back, and they have held for quite some time now... Minor inconvenience, but definately the cheap way out!!

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

i would have done the same but the lights i had were not a glue problem. They didn't manufacture the lens with the proper curve. You could glue it all you want, but over time it would pop apart over and over.

They didn't even use good silicon to adhere them together. It was just really bad cheap junk. My advice to the seller was to stop pushing that junk on people. It is bad for business and bad for their ebay rep. Oh well, who knows, they are probably still selling it. It took over a month to get a full refund, but I was saved by Hawks, .

Thread Information