Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Calipers Powdercoated...Opinions?

This is a discussion on Calipers Powdercoated...Opinions? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey guys...I have been waiting for like 10 days and finally picked these up today...What do you think? $50 Bucks ...

  1. #1
    ThA B@nD!T SteelCityTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    347

    Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

    Calipers Powdercoated...Opinions?

    Hey guys...I have been waiting for like 10 days and finally picked these up today...What do you think? $50 Bucks for the front, still have to do the rear..but in due time...upgrading the front so these werent on the car yet. I think I am going to get "Trans Am" decals in white...





    1995 Trans Am: 6spd - Pacesetter LT's - LS1 Front Swap - SLP LS1 FlowPac CAI - MagnaMouth CatBack - De-Cat - Eibach ProKit - Bilsteins - HP Evo's - 3pt. Strut Tower Brace - 4.10 Gears - Spohn Adj. PH - B&M Ripper Shifter

  2. #2
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Wow, me like, but want in red for mine. Wish I could find a powdercoat guy locally for that price Oh, and congrats on COTM, I don't think I posted in your other thread, so I'll just do it here out of laziness.

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  3. #3
    ThA B@nD!T SteelCityTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    347

    Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

    Yea...I found a hell of a deal...I wont do something unless its a steal so...LOL.

    Thanks man...I am so excited to have won COTM...Now I can't wait until 2010 so I can get a calendar LOL.

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Those look great and $50 is a very good price.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  5. #5
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    They look outstanding!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    70

    White with Black Stripe
    1995 Trans Am

    they look amazing and will look even better on your car

  7. #7
    Member BDowning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milford, Ohio
    Age
    57
    Posts
    595

    Blue
    2002 WS-6

    Looks real nice, good pricing also!!

    Bill

  8. #8
    Shake and Bake Triple H Coating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Cloud, FL
    Posts
    181

    2006 Harley Night Train
    Just an FYI, $50 a caliper should be a pretty standard price. Thats what we charge. Now with that being said, our price includes the decal and the clear over the base coat and decal plus brackets.

    That price does not however reflect disassemble and reassemble.

    Edit, 50 for both the front? If that is the case then you did steel them. Makes me wonder if proper pre treatment was performed, or do you just know the guy?
    Last edited by Triple H Coating; 06-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.

  9. #9
    ThA B@nD!T SteelCityTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    347

    Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple H Coating View Post
    Just an FYI, $50 a caliper should be a pretty standard price. Thats what we charge. Now with that being said, our price includes the decal and the clear over the base coat and decal plus brackets.

    That price does not however reflect disassemble and reassemble.

    Edit, 50 for both the front? If that is the case then you did steel them. Makes me wonder if proper pre treatment was performed, or do you just know the guy?
    $50 for both. I dont know the guy but he does alot of work for the company I work for...but is seemed like a standard price they way he was talking about it...He even throught some metallic in the powder coating...He does alot of commercial stuff so I think he is atleast legit.

  10. #10
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I can get my calipers done for $30 per caliper locally, and that includes sandblasting them prior to powdercoating. Same company I have used for all my powdercoating as well. I will probably be doing this soon as well since I have an entire second set of calipers in storage. Just not sure what color I want to go with yet.

  11. #11
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    That looks awesome!

  12. #12
    SS-EIAN SSNAKEATER23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    616

    SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

    Man that looks fregging sweet!!! I want to repaint mine, but its a task!!!! 50beans isnt bad at all!!!

  13. #13
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rbaksi View Post
    they look amazing and will look even better on your car
    Agree
    It's on jackstands.

  14. #14
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Awesome....Put them and post some pics already!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  15. #15
    ThA B@nD!T SteelCityTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    347

    Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

    Well I seem to have forgotten that I need to get upper and lower ball joints to complete the upgrade...so I get paid on the 12th...so the week after I will have em installed. You fellas rests assure...I will showing them off!

  16. #16
    Shake and Bake Triple H Coating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Cloud, FL
    Posts
    181

    2006 Harley Night Train
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityTA View Post
    $50 for both. I dont know the guy but he does alot of work for the company I work for...but is seemed like a standard price they way he was talking about it...He even throught some metallic in the powder coating...He does alot of commercial stuff so I think he is atleast legit.
    That sounds reputable to me. You got a hell of a deal. If you calculate blasting time, prep time, chemicals, coating time, cost of coating and chemicals, then I bet he didnt make a dime. If he did all of that. We make between 8 to 10 dollars per caliper, and those are the steps we take.

  17. #17
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    I honestly think black would look good on yours P. Are you gonna do the decals too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I can get my calipers done for $30 per caliper locally, and that includes sandblasting them prior to powdercoating. Same company I have used for all my powdercoating as well. I will probably be doing this soon as well since I have an entire second set of calipers in storage. Just not sure what color I want to go with yet.

  18. #18
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I honestly think black would look good on yours P. Are you gonna do the decals too?
    Black, black chrome, a polished look or candy apple red are my options. Don't know about the decals yet, probably will but still undecided.

  19. #19
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    The black chrome or polished would be nice for sure. I'm not sure if he's still in business, but I got my decals from Shawn in OKC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Black, black chrome, a polished look or candy apple red are my options. Don't know about the decals yet, probably will but still undecided.

  20. #20
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    The black chrome or polished would be nice for sure. I'm not sure if he's still in business, but I got my decals from Shawn in OKC.
    Fourth Circle Designs dot com is still in business

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions for Polished Calipers? Pics
    By JeremyRay in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. can i get this thrust rim already powdercoated?
    By doberman 152 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
  3. 97-98 ls1 powdercoated valve covers
    By jman33163 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 03:30 PM
  4. C5 Y2K powdercoated wheels 4 sale
    By thelastz28 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 12:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •