White
    2001 RS Camaro

Bumper alignment

So I got in a wreck a week ago and the body shop I took it to are a bunch of incompitent idiots! First I get the car back and the paint on the passenger quarter panel is scratched and the second time I go to pick it up they cracked my driver taillight and my bumper looks like shit. They tried to adjust it but there is still a gap in the seems. Could someone please post a pic of their back bumper by the gas lid so I can see if mine is that bad or not.If you live in GA NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO MALL OF GEORGIA FORD!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	307879_10150384359503644_570553643_8581855_222188091_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	23307

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

That does look low Sara. Did they fix your bumper cover or did they replace it?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Explain what got damageg just the bumper coner, cover and reinforcement, or did the 1/4 panel get damaged as well. I have seen several at lots with misaligned bumers, lights, and hatches from poor repair work when I was helping a fried try to find a decent fbody. Allot of shops that do crap work from small corner shops to dealer owned shop. Pics of it wheile dameged would help. I definetly wouldd get that fixed properly and if it was repaired through ins. call the adjuster and explain the issue. We had my friends car taken from the dealer to a friend of mine who owns a local shop to get his new car fixed right after it was at the dealer shop for 3 times almost 2 months total and it always came back with issues. Never take delivery unless it is light out and you can inspect and if their is anything wrong refuse delivery until corrected.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I've noticed some people and shop owners just don't care about the quality of work they put out.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

the bumper was replaced, berger panel repainted, both taillights replaced with shitty junk yard parts and now are full of water, passenger quarter panel pulled out and painted and trunk realigned. I backed into my roommates truck at night and didn't see her. The body shop that did the work won't talk to me anymore and I'm having to let my insurance company deal with all this mess. So tired of this crap! It's only been going on for 3 weeks!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Oh shit!! Well, if they won't talk to you anymore, and they got your money, time to get a lawyer and MAKE THEM correct their mistake.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Assuming the insurance company chose that particular shop to do the work since that's how most insurance companies handle things these days. If that's the case, it makes it even worse that they would use such a shop because there has probably been complaints in the past.

Good luck OP getting this straightened out.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

I called my insurance company and complained about my taillights which are off a junk car btw that they are now full of water and shorted out 2 of my brake lights. The insurance refuses to replace it with new OEM parts so they're giving me another set off another junk car. FML is there any kind if gasket or rubber I can put around the holes where the bulbs go in to keep the water out??

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Oh and could someone PLEASE post a pic of there bumper so I can show it to the shop so they know this isn't how it's supposed to look??!!

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Oh and could someone PLEASE post a pic of there bumper so I can show it to the shop so they know this isn't how it's supposed to look??!!
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but it's the best shot I have right now.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Thank you! Your's looks about like mine but mine looks more noticable since it's white.

Thread Information