Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Body kits?

This is a discussion on Body kits? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by vikingramair Before decision i must show you this car with WW kit. He is a member of ...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by vikingramair View Post
    Before decision i must show you this car with WW kit. He is a member of Trans Am Club of Sweden (TACS).

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Honestly, from all your picts i think i like the WW kit better. Much better flow and style IMO compared with the JZ kit.

Thanks a million Viking, all your body kit posts really helped me get a good look at all the kits on different cars and from different angles too! Makes my decision much much easier so thank you so much!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Don't put a body kit on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Don't put a body kit on your car.
    I was considering it but didn't have my mind set on getting one. That's why i was getting opinions and pictures to determine if i like the kits and if i even want to put one on my CETA

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

i am a bodykit lover to i have been deciding for 2 years then i came across this bodykit wich i think is the hottest one and that i am possible gonna get i think the jp vizage looks ugly on the white ta on black okey !!

Pontiac Trans Am Sarona Body Kit - PT-003-KT

and then the red one talking about f***ing up a beatifle car

greetings

Quote Originally Posted by barryz View Post
    i am a bodykit lover to i have been deciding for 2 years then i came across this bodykit wich i think is the hottest one and that i am possible gonna get i think the jp vizage looks ugly on the white ta on black okey !!

Pontiac Trans Am Sarona Body Kit - PT-003-KT

and then the red one talking about f***ing up a beatifle car

greetings
    I like the black one... And the hole where the license plate was is nice for the intercooler since ill be running a F-1A. I still have a long time to decide but i like being able to have a bunch of different options... Thanks for your input pal!

And that Fukin red one is a disgrace!!!!!!
    Last edited by NeeD4SpeeD; 09-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

All WS6 Trans Ams look aggressive in stock form! Comparatively the CETA look is the pinnacle of the Trans Am and it's look totally polarizes people! You either like it's look or you don't.

Putting body kit on a already bold looking car will be slightly over the top IMO. But it's your ride so do whatever feels good for you. So with that I'd go with the Vizage kit.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

I think both kits have some rice appeal, but I don't like lots of useless holes and vents on my cars. If you want a body kit, buy a Honda. lol

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Never understood why someone would purchase a car they feel they need to add body parts too. Should have bought something you felt looked perfect from the factory in that case.
    You know....like a WS.6.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

Never understood why someone would purchase a car they feel they need to add body parts too. Should have bought something you felt looked perfect from the factory in that case.
    You know....like a WS.6.
    Sorry in advance if I sound like a jackass but by that theory you shouldn't buy a car you feel you need to do mods to make it more powerful and faster and you should have bought a car you wouldn't want to mod anything from factory. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying. That said I don't really like most body kits now there was one posted that I do like but I think the prices for most of them are outrageous. Again sorry if I come across as a jerk, just don't quite see where you are coming from with that.

Like i said before, im getting info on body kits merely for speculation purposes and will most likely not even do it. I understand with all of you are saying and agree with most of you but like i said, this is for research and to take a look at some pictures to determine if i even will want to touch the exterior of my CETA.

On the brighter side, the thread has become somewhat of an archive for all body kits available for the T/A along with opinions. So, not totally a bad thing

White
    1998 Trans Am

I'm not that into the kits but 1 is better I have seen a vert here in Houston but can't remember which one he had. Looked good on the blk vert have to.see one on ttop's in person to know for sure.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Sorry in advance if I sound like a jackass but by that theory you shouldn't buy a car you feel you need to do mods to make it more powerful and faster and you should have bought a car you wouldn't want to mod anything from factory. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying. That said I don't really like most body kits now there was one posted that I do like but I think the prices for most of them are outrageous. Again sorry if I come across as a jerk, just don't quite see where you are coming from with that.
    I guess if you want to spend 80-100K on a fast car than that idea would hold true when talking about power....I highly doubt C has that into his car...maybe only 30K

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    That makes sense.

Although....is ANYTHING ever actually powerful enough??
    In my opinion (which is all this debate really is), a car can look great from the factory. May just not come with the power you want.
    I would rather mod a perfect appearing car than mod a powerful car that needs a body kit. Just me.

The whole reason I ended up with the WS.6 was the look. I needed to change damn near nothing.
    I knew I would up the performance of the car I choose. So I went with what I thought looked best.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    That makes sense.

Although....is ANYTHING ever actually powerful enough??
    In my opinion (which is all this debate really is), a car can look great from the factory. May just not come with the power you want.
    I would rather mod a perfect appearing car than mod a powerful car that needs a body kit. Just me.

The whole reason I ended up with the WS.6 was the look. I needed to change damn near nothing.
    I knew I would up the performance of the car I choose. So I went with what I thought looked best.
    True, just depends on what you want and like I guess.

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

Most of these examples are not really body kits al it is is a add on !!
    Side skirt are fine stock but think the front can use a lip without looking ricey or overdoing it because the middel sits up to high to me it's not finist!

Different example 6 liter comes with a carbon body part (body kit) for the rear so you don;t have to paint it black . But this also did not come stock on the car and if you read the tread everybody is standing in line for it and is ready to order !! Also probably the people that say no to a body kit !!

greetings barry

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by barryz View Post
    Most of these examples are not really body kits al it is is a add on !!
    Side skirt are fine stock but think the front can use a lip without looking ricey or overdoing it because the middel sits up to high to me it's not finist!

Different example 6 liter comes with a carbon body part (body kit) for the rear so you don;t have to paint it black . But this also did not come stock on the car and if you read the tread everybody is standing in line for it and is ready to order !! Also probably the people that say no to a body kit !!

greetings barry
    Yea I saw that, it looks real nice. That's one thing I would buy if I had the extra cash to do it.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

I've had the west west kit on my firebird for years. Here's the only pic with the full kit on it in my photobucket. . .

I have always loved the way it made that car look. It was my first car and a v6 at that, so performance was never a goal. It came with no ground effects from the factory; and i liked the way the W68 package looked from the factory. With the wings west being fairly similar except for a full front lip, it is the logical way to go, seeing that the stock ground effects are $1500 from gm (I paid $545 shipped for wings west).
    The main problem I had was ripping the from lip off in deep puddles. It has happened three times. Ive repainted it twice, due to the fact that when it is ripped off, the paint gets beat up. And after the last time it was ripped off, I never repainted it or reinstalled it. The car isn't driven much anymore, which is the main reason I have never fixed it.
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 09-30-2010 at 01:28 PM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

West Wing... BUT MAKE SURE YOU MOLD IT INTO THE BUMPER!!!!!!!! Otherwise its just a crappy hunk of plastic drilled into your car... Also the WW is generally cheaper because if i remember correctly most people only do the front lip since the rest of the kit is alot like ordinary T/A ground effects...

-me

White
    1998 Trans Am

I wish they made more body options for the TA's. I'd like to add a few things like a Raptor or Hawk hood and toss this ws6 thing. I'd like a lip kit just not too crazy about the entire kits. I would buy a car that I wouldn't have to mod the body just addd some wheels but Vipers are a little expensive. They make some nice front bumpers for vettes and some wide body 1/4 panels with the had stuff like that for the TA.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

honestly if i was at a car show and saw a CETA with a body kit(especially any of the ones posted here), I would be pretty disgusted, and would be sure to let the owner know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information