Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blinker Mod Released!

This is a discussion on Blinker Mod Released! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; It is a simple wiring set up that any GM employee who took 8th grade shop would of known to ...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

It is a simple wiring set up that any GM employee who took 8th grade shop would of known to put in.

The problem with DC current is it dies out over a long run, that's why all houses are AC. Unfortunatly the passenger side has a longer distance to go to get power than the driver side so over that long run the power dies down. All the autotrix kit does it change the route the power takes and adds a couple of either repeaters or amplifiers I forget. All I can say is thank god gm put in that accessory post terminal otherwise we would be permanently screwed.

As for getting the door panel off, piece of cake, getting all the hooks back on? That is the hard part. I kept getting all of them but the one in the middle. Finally got it on 27th try.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Hey this is simply a window replacement kit correct- not an actual window modification???
    The passenger window fix, is an altercation to the factory wiring, which as stated, allows for better current flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    The window thing saved me a lot of money, works great now. Hardest thing for me on the window thing was getting one of the screws out on kick panel next to seat. I was so close to ripping whole seat out. Getting the wire through the rubber seal is easy, I took a strong sturdy wire, fed it through inside of door to inside of car. I tied the wires to the stiff wire, then pulled it through, took like two minutes. I soldered every thing though and taped it up instead of their connectors. I lost about one hour when I realized the damn window was going to rip all the wires out when it went down though, had to unconnect the solder, and move them where they should of been to start with. lol.
    I am glad to hear that your install went well, thanks for the write-up!

Yeah, the door panels arent the greatest thing to take off and on, although neither is pulling up the PCM to access one of the only firewall pass-thru's

Anyone else?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hey autotrix; can you make the windows stop just before they go low enough to push on the interior panel? That would be a killer feature, b/c i know that over time these push so much on the panels that they crack, but if you take them down just before dissapearing all togehter, the panel doesn't flex out and prevents the possible cracking.

Yeah the cracking does suck. I will give this some thought, but perhaps yes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information