Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

black hard to keep clean?

i had a buddy w/ a black 00 z28 w/ an rs kit. it was an m6. bad ass. anyways, i was talkin to him about what color im thinking abou when i get my ws.6; black w/ dark red emblems "ram air" the brake calibers, and the bird on the front. but he said that black is hard to keep clean cuz it shows like fingerprints and such. is it that much of a deal or what? my second choice was cobalt blue and im fine eather way.

flat black
    white shows no dirt it just fades to tan gradually...grey really doesnt show dirt either... you get ONE minute piece of hair or something on shiny black paint and youll see if from 10 feet away...i swear dirt is attracted to black...black shows everything...flaws in the body lines, the paint work...ripples in the finish....EVERYTHING....but when clean and shiny its also so much nicer than ANY ANY other color.....if my car was blakc i would paint it SOM....cause that color is BADASS...Dark blue is almost as bad as black...I Cant keep my 1971 Camaro clean enough

black
    97 6-speed corvette

I swore I would never buy a black car again but I did. You can`t wash it and put it back in the garage fast enough before there is a visible layer of dust on it.

flat black
    wash it...and while its still wet put it in the garage...dry it off in the garage and have the cover in hand...

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by 502ci
    I swore I would never buy a black car again but I did. You can`t wash it and put it back in the garage fast enough before there is a visible layer of dust on it.
    I hear ya, ..., sux, ...
    And that shelf on the back bumper of the Firebird is simply put there to collect dust.

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

hmm maybe i'll be going with dark blue, yall know trans ams, you know what color im talking about. yeah oh well black is really bad ass. but idk i guess when the time comes if i find a bad ass black one it wont matter. thanks again! i love you guys!!! haha

flat black
    black sux to keep clean but id much rather have a black one than any other color ever made...i actually wish it was a deeper black than it is....awwww gooooo....standox paint has a paint code for straight black toner.... the paint code is 666....its sweet....its like 6' deep black stare back at your soul kinda deal its gorgeous

red
    04 pontiac gto

yes black maybe hard to keep clean but once clean it shows better then any other color out there

Black
    2001 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    yes black maybe hard to keep clean but once clean it shows better then any other color out there
    very true...

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan
    I hear ya, ..., sux, ...
    And that shelf on the back bumper of the Firebird is simply put there to collect dust.

I second that

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    It depends on your defintion of "hard". I use the Zaino polishing system to help keep the car looking great. Very deep black shine with this stuff. I end up washing the car every other weekend (for some reason, the little birds flying around like to take a dump on my car - must be too shiny for them). Between washings, I use a California Duster to remove the light layer of dust that builds up on the car. I usually do this every few days. I do not find that to be too much work to keep the car clean and looking great. I Zaino the car every 6 months or so and Zaino is very easy to use.

flat black
    i a mequiars person myself...and i claybar her every once in a while too....i get the clay bar out every time i wash her and claybar the windsheild..so when it rains you dont see all the scratches and everything from the windsheild wipers like you see on some cars....ive been known to get the buffer out and the rubbing compound and spend 4-6 hours buffing the glass on my car

black
    2002 firehawk

black car

it has to be black!!! IT'S THE FAST COLOR . TRY LIQUID GLASS POLISH. the black get's 10 shades darker 02 hawk!!!

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

black sucks to keep clean but when it is clean it's the sweetest color ever... next to silver =)~

yeah a good dose of wax goes along way, then you can use a california duster to dust off twice a day.

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Black is awsome. I keep up on my Camaro constantly. I usually throw a quick coat of NXT on it every 2 washes or so. If you going to be really particular about it, just be careful with it! Make sure that when you wash it, you treat your materials such as mits, towels, and aplicators as if they were instruments in a dentists office. Be clean about it!! A little prevention goes a long way. Take a look at this pic of my car, it looks as good as it does in that picture up close due to careful and consistant paint maintence. Plus my best friend is an experienced detailer and helps with me with it.

Sorry it's so big.

I may buy a black Escalade this summer.
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

ONE OF THE OTHER POSTS SAID THAT A GOOD DOSE OF WAX WILL DO A GREAT JOB OF KEEPING THE CAR DUST FREE. I HAVE A 99 SILVER SS, AND IT SHOWS NO DIRT OF DUST. THIS WAS'NT MY FIRST CHOICE IN COLOR I WANTED A MIDNIGHT BLUE, BUT I FOUND A DEAL WHEN I CAME ACROSS MINE. I WOULD SAY THAT DARKER COLORS ARE SWEET ESPICALLY WHEN THE SUN IS SETTING ON A SUMMER NIGHT AND YOUR RIDE IS ALL CLEAN DARK COLORS JUST PRESENT BETTER. YOU'LL BE OK WITH CLAY BAR AND A WAX.

sonnyred
    Mines navy blue and hard to keep clean.That dust is so white.

Black
    98 Z/28

Black may be work.. But there is nothing better!! Just my .02

Black
    2001 Lightning

black....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information