Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

?Black and Gold?

This is a discussion on ?Black and Gold? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I don't like the scoop abd manta being all black. It's either one or the other. I would have liked ...

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I don't like the scoop abd manta being all black. It's either one or the other. I would have liked the manta with the matching rear stripe on the spoiler. The spoiler being painted gold of course. I also think the berger is played out and I am not feeling the headlight covers. I also thinking it needs black wheels with a polished lip. But the black and gold them is a nice idea.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7NSIDE View Post
    Maybe these pictures just make the spoiler look worse than it does in person. I don't know. Everybody that has seen it in person has told me it looked good and I think it does to, but nobody on here seems to like it. I thought it would look good and just be something different because I had never seen it done before. I guess I'm just unaware of this trend that CamaroFan71 is talking about. O'well, it's done now and I'm happy with it so I guess thats what matters right? And as far as the headlight covers go I don't like them anymore than you all. But if you seen how cracked, busted, and dirty my headlights were you would understand. They are only a cheap temporary fix until I can afford a new set of headlights. Thanks for the opinions and imput everybody.
    well, thats because those are probably your friends and they dont want to hurt your feelings. here at ls1 you get honest, car loving opinions. we would not tell you something if it wasn't with good intention. honestly, you need to of course lose the headlight covers, and anyway how did you have money for paint when you don't have money for headlights, theres always junk yards. and powdercoat the wheels black and use the manta stripe and you'll be good. but as for now you're in danger of being sent to the thread with the wtf f-bodies, and you don't want that.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow, didn't read the whole thread, but this is from a guy who is a visual-oriented person:

THAT LOOKS KICK ASS and i hate gold fbodies-but your's looks very well done. Congradulations, bro!

i recall you asking suggestions on your car a few months ago-i'm glad to see you bring it to life

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post

I would lose the headlight covers, they really cheapen the look of the front end of your car.
    totally agree

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i recall you asking suggestions on your car a few months ago-i'm glad to see you bring it to life
    Yea I think your the one who made these pictures for me when I asked. And I still appreciate you doing it for me.

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

And just so all of you know, I'll be buying some new headlights soon, and the headlight covers will be coming off. I don't like them anymore then you all do, but trust me they look better on right know than off.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

heres an honest opinion for you, if you get black rims for your car I will track you down and kick the shit out of you! I hate black rims without exceptions they always destroy the look of a car... DON'T DO IT!

no offense ThirdShiftStudios or anyone else... its just purely my harsh opinion...
    Last edited by Bouvers; 04-24-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

I like it too. I haven't seen another car that looks like it. Good job, points for originality! I've always thought it looked pretty cool to black out the trim on lighter colored cars. Keep it up!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

honestly, i think he needs black rims b/c aesthetically speaking silver and gold don't go together

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvs View Post
    heres an honest opinion for you, if you get black rims for your car I will track you down and kick the shit out of you! I hate black rims without exceptions they always destroy the look of a car... DON'T DO IT!

no offense ThirdShiftStudios or anyone else... its just purely my harsh opinion...
    .... i think there was a sudden delay in production on your order

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    honestly, i think he needs black rims b/c aesthetically speaking silver and gold don't go together
    Yea I'm wanting to put black rims on it, but I'm not really sure what style of rim I want yet.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Hey I'm a total noob here, but I for one, (more times than not) think black rims can add a lot to a car, if used well. I'd consider this a case of being used well, pending the rims. I'd probably stay away from... like.... a black 5 spoke with chrome ring around the outside. You know, the silver/gold thing... Some of those halo headlights would be most badass. or Maybe the whistler mod? Oh well, I'm sure you'll handle it how you want it to be handled. Good luck!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Please, take no offense (not like some people haven't been outright rude), but I just don't like it. I think, like others have said, it would look good with the manta stripe instead of the whole spoiler black. The black and gold isn't exactly my favorite color combo, but it looks pretty damn goo don your car. Kinda reminds me an old Hurst car. Also, it may just be me, but the taillights just don't seem to look right with the colors you have and such. Maybe sold solid red LED tails would look iight, but whatever you do, don't go with covers or black tails. It would look like some kinda insect in my opinion.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

At first most people who didnt know wtf a Berger panel was thought it looked like a replacement part that someone couldnt afford to have painted. Well once they made their comebacks morons started slapping them on ANY fucking car with 4 wheels. But that all black spoiler on a different color car looks like total ass. I almost bought a Gold Z28 but the fact that it was an auto made me walk right by it. Just remember, you came into this post and asked for ALL advice, while mine has been harsh you've taken it well. Just remember it is YOUR car so do what YOU like.

P.S. A gold spoiler with the manta would kick that all black spoilers ass though!!

Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

You might consider C5 or C6 wheels and have them black powder coated or base coat/clear coat. I have 98 C5 wheels on my 95 Z28 and I get a lot of compliments on them. My car is Silver and Black. My personal opinion on your car: it looks great but would look much better with black wheels with the proper stance. Go with your gut.

I believe the C5 wheels are 17s & 18s, 9 & 10 inches wide respectfully.

I believe the C6 wheels are 18s & 19s, I don't know the width. My car has an Eibach Proline kit on it which dropped it about 1 1/2" or so. When I redo the car next, I will definitely go with 11" wheels out back. I have not rolled my fenders nor do I need to. I do have a clearance issue from time to time with my Y pipe. I don't think you will have that problem with your LS1 car. Good luck.

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Got some black wheels put on. What do yea think?

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Yuk, ..., "Black-Wheel-Haters-Club, member #15401", ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

That looks SO much better with those wheels!!

der König des CyaLataBye the shag's Avatar

Onyx Black
    02 Camaro Z28

Very nice man. Wraps up the black and gold theme nicely. And black wheels for the win!!

red
    1999 trans am convert

I thought your car was an absolute work of art until I saw the pic with black wheels..FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN,HAVE YOU NO SHAME!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information