Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Scratch

Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Big Scratch

What would be the cheapest way to fix this! some punk did this in the parking lot. And if I call insurance mybaby will be salvage!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

How would it be salvage over that, if you call your insurance? All they need to do is repaint it from the looks of it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

How would your car be a salvage over a scratch? Anyhow, the only cheap way to fix that is with touch up paint but it won't look very good. I'd save up and get the panel repainted. Also, I doubt your insurance will cover someone scratching your car anyhow.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    How would your car be a salvage over a scratch? Anyhow, the only cheap way to fix that is with touch up paint but it won't look very good. I'd save up and get the panel repainted. Also, I doubt your insurance will cover someone scratching your car anyhow.
    Most insurances will, but you have to pay the deductible and your insurance may go up don't know by how much though.

Black

Thanks guys. I think ill save up $800 for a whole body paintjob. The dude that paints them said he'll fix all the scratches and paint the whole car.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

800 for the whole car?? damnnn.. isnt that cheap?

Black

Yup. $800
    . Base and clear coat. The catch is that i have to keepp my car in the garage for about 3 weeks! :/

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    Yup. $800
    . Base and clear coat. The catch is that i have to keepp my car in the garage for about 3 weeks! :/
    I wish I could find someone who would paint my whole car for that price, since I want a custom paint job for my TA.

Black

Well my paint job is just a stock glossy black. $900 for a cherry red. wich i think would seem nice

White
    1998 Trans Am

Might want to find out what brand paint he is using because that seems way too cheap for anyone to use a good quality paint system like dupont or PPG for the whole car. I wouldn't touch a fbody for under $1500 at cheapest which is blk in Dupont chroma base and dupont clear. Usually I charge around $2kand that is with a full wetsand andbuff so the car had a better than factory shine.$800 to repaint the hatch, 1/4 panel and blend the door and rear bumper and cut and buff the whole car sounds a little better.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Might want to find out what brand paint he is using because that seems way too cheap for anyone to use a good quality paint system like dupont or PPG for the whole car. I wouldn't touch a fbody for under $1500 at cheapest which is blk in Dupont chroma base and dupont clear. Usually I charge around $2kand that is with a full wetsand andbuff so the car had a better than factory shine.$800 to repaint the hatch, 1/4 panel and blend the door and rear bumper and cut and buff the whole car sounds a little better.
    You charge $2k? Dang I was quoted $5k to have my car repainted just black.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

how in the hell did that happen?
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

White
    1998 Trans Am

$3 to $4k is what a lot of.places charge $5000 is outrageous unless you want a full color change done right. Dupont 99k basecoat blk is a dead match for 8555 and is $55 a quart and takes 2 with reducer to make a gallon which is more than enough and like $200 more for clearcoat then add a couple hundred for sand paper and other supplies. So takes me $500 or less to paint most cars in supplies usually some colors especially red are a lot more than blk. So there charging you $4500 or so for just labor. I did I 4th gen rs to Ss with a new lip kit with cme filled the rs wing holes in and added a Ss wing on a convert with a full paint job berger panel and smoked the lights wet sanded and buffed it for $2500 and took me and one guy a week to do it at my little shop. So anyone charging $5000 for a blk repaint is nuts.

blue
    2001 WS6

if that happens 2 mine.. someone will get shot and that will b who ever is the closest...BTW that suck..i have a couple but not like that

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    $3 to $4k is what a lot of.places charge $5000 is outrageous unless you want a full color change done right. Dupont 99k basecoat blk is a dead match for 8555 and is $55 a quart and takes 2 with reducer to make a gallon which is more than enough and like $200 more for clearcoat then add a couple hundred for sand paper and other supplies. So takes me $500 or less to paint most cars in supplies usually some colors especially red are a lot more than blk. So there charging you $4500 or so for just labor. I did I 4th gen rs to Ss with a new lip kit with cme filled the rs wing holes in and added a Ss wing on a convert with a full paint job berger panel and smoked the lights wet sanded and buffed it for $2500 and took me and one guy a week to do it at my little shop. So anyone charging $5000 for a blk repaint is nuts.
    I live by DC so everything is crazy expensive, but I told them they were crazy if they thought I was going to pay that. Wish I knew how to paint cars or knew someone who does and lives near me.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

enless hes gettin that macco job....

wow didnt realize how hard the "lol" guy is laughing... i ment more of a chuckle...

Black

Hmmm... i dont think a $800 paint job sounds so attractive after what you guys are saying... :/
    Keeping a Camaro in tip top shape is expensive... Just like a wife... But my z28 makes me cum everytime i hold it tight and make her scream!

Black/ Silver

Hmmm... i dont think a $800 paint job sounds so attractive after what you guys are saying... :/
    Keeping a Camaro in tip top shape is expensive... Just like a wife... But my z28 makes me cum everytime i hold it tight and make her scream!
    wait it makes your wife scream or your camaro? But seriously if you could get a quality paint job for $800 that's awesome. I would definately be careful about it being too cheap, cause it may not be quality paint.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    wait it makes your wife scream or your camaro? But seriously if you could get a quality paint job for $800 that's awesome. I would definately be careful about it being too cheap, cause it may not be quality paint.
    lol i dont have a wife.
    let me rephrase that... it makes my z28 roar!

Black/ Silver

lol i dont have a wife.
    let me rephrase that... it makes my z28 roar!
    After posting what I said I just realized it says your 17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information