Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Big Scratch

This is a discussion on Big Scratch within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; What would be the cheapest way to fix this! some punk did this in the parking lot. And if I ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Big Scratch

    What would be the cheapest way to fix this! some punk did this in the parking lot. And if I call insurance mybaby will be salvage!


  2. #2
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    How would it be salvage over that, if you call your insurance? All they need to do is repaint it from the looks of it.

  3. #3
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    How would your car be a salvage over a scratch? Anyhow, the only cheap way to fix that is with touch up paint but it won't look very good. I'd save up and get the panel repainted. Also, I doubt your insurance will cover someone scratching your car anyhow.

  4. #4
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    How would your car be a salvage over a scratch? Anyhow, the only cheap way to fix that is with touch up paint but it won't look very good. I'd save up and get the panel repainted. Also, I doubt your insurance will cover someone scratching your car anyhow.
    Most insurances will, but you have to pay the deductible and your insurance may go up don't know by how much though.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Thanks guys. I think ill save up $800 for a whole body paintjob. The dude that paints them said he'll fix all the scratches and paint the whole car.

  6. #6
    Member Maro SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oldbridge
    Age
    28
    Posts
    303

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    800 for the whole car?? damnnn.. isnt that cheap?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Yup. $800
    . Base and clear coat. The catch is that i have to keepp my car in the garage for about 3 weeks! :/

  8. #8
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    Yup. $800
    . Base and clear coat. The catch is that i have to keepp my car in the garage for about 3 weeks! :/
    I wish I could find someone who would paint my whole car for that price, since I want a custom paint job for my TA.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Well my paint job is just a stock glossy black. $900 for a cherry red. wich i think would seem nice

  10. #10
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Might want to find out what brand paint he is using because that seems way too cheap for anyone to use a good quality paint system like dupont or PPG for the whole car. I wouldn't touch a fbody for under $1500 at cheapest which is blk in Dupont chroma base and dupont clear. Usually I charge around $2kand that is with a full wetsand andbuff so the car had a better than factory shine.$800 to repaint the hatch, 1/4 panel and blend the door and rear bumper and cut and buff the whole car sounds a little better.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  11. #11
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Might want to find out what brand paint he is using because that seems way too cheap for anyone to use a good quality paint system like dupont or PPG for the whole car. I wouldn't touch a fbody for under $1500 at cheapest which is blk in Dupont chroma base and dupont clear. Usually I charge around $2kand that is with a full wetsand andbuff so the car had a better than factory shine.$800 to repaint the hatch, 1/4 panel and blend the door and rear bumper and cut and buff the whole car sounds a little better.
    You charge $2k? Dang I was quoted $5k to have my car repainted just black.

  12. #12
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    how in the hell did that happen?
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  13. #13
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    $3 to $4k is what a lot of.places charge $5000 is outrageous unless you want a full color change done right. Dupont 99k basecoat blk is a dead match for 8555 and is $55 a quart and takes 2 with reducer to make a gallon which is more than enough and like $200 more for clearcoat then add a couple hundred for sand paper and other supplies. So takes me $500 or less to paint most cars in supplies usually some colors especially red are a lot more than blk. So there charging you $4500 or so for just labor. I did I 4th gen rs to Ss with a new lip kit with cme filled the rs wing holes in and added a Ss wing on a convert with a full paint job berger panel and smoked the lights wet sanded and buffed it for $2500 and took me and one guy a week to do it at my little shop. So anyone charging $5000 for a blk repaint is nuts.

  14. #14
    Member 20ws6speed01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winston,OR
    Posts
    272

    blue
    2001 WS6

    if that happens 2 mine.. someone will get shot and that will b who ever is the closest...BTW that suck..i have a couple but not like that

  15. #15
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    $3 to $4k is what a lot of.places charge $5000 is outrageous unless you want a full color change done right. Dupont 99k basecoat blk is a dead match for 8555 and is $55 a quart and takes 2 with reducer to make a gallon which is more than enough and like $200 more for clearcoat then add a couple hundred for sand paper and other supplies. So takes me $500 or less to paint most cars in supplies usually some colors especially red are a lot more than blk. So there charging you $4500 or so for just labor. I did I 4th gen rs to Ss with a new lip kit with cme filled the rs wing holes in and added a Ss wing on a convert with a full paint job berger panel and smoked the lights wet sanded and buffed it for $2500 and took me and one guy a week to do it at my little shop. So anyone charging $5000 for a blk repaint is nuts.
    I live by DC so everything is crazy expensive, but I told them they were crazy if they thought I was going to pay that. Wish I knew how to paint cars or knew someone who does and lives near me.

  16. #16
    Member Maro SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oldbridge
    Age
    28
    Posts
    303

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    enless hes gettin that macco job....

    wow didnt realize how hard the "lol" guy is laughing... i ment more of a chuckle...

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Hmmm... i dont think a $800 paint job sounds so attractive after what you guys are saying... :/
    Keeping a Camaro in tip top shape is expensive... Just like a wife... But my z28 makes me cum everytime i hold it tight and make her scream!

  18. #18
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    Hmmm... i dont think a $800 paint job sounds so attractive after what you guys are saying... :/
    Keeping a Camaro in tip top shape is expensive... Just like a wife... But my z28 makes me cum everytime i hold it tight and make her scream!
    wait it makes your wife scream or your camaro? But seriously if you could get a quality paint job for $800 that's awesome. I would definately be careful about it being too cheap, cause it may not be quality paint.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    25
    Posts
    46

    Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    wait it makes your wife scream or your camaro? But seriously if you could get a quality paint job for $800 that's awesome. I would definately be careful about it being too cheap, cause it may not be quality paint.
    lol i dont have a wife.
    let me rephrase that... it makes my z28 roar!

  20. #20
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    lol i dont have a wife.
    let me rephrase that... it makes my z28 roar!
    After posting what I said I just realized it says your 17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Scratch in LS1 Cylinder #4
    By LS670TA in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
  2. Scratch remover?
    By 2fast2blegal in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
  3. Removing a scratch
    By zul8r2002 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:42 PM
  4. Scratch X ??
    By 1SICZ in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 02:33 PM
  5. Deep scratch
    By hawk502 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •