Best way to fix this??

This is a discussion on Best way to fix this?? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I friend rear ended me a few weeks back and i finally got the insurance money. But i kinda would ...

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

Best way to fix this??

I friend rear ended me a few weeks back and i finally got the insurance money. But i kinda would like to keep the $500 to put towards my cam.

I would like to fix this myself instead of paying someone else. I have no experience in body work so if yall could help me out on how to fix this that would help me out so much.

Thanks guys

Silver
    2002 Z28

Nothing you can do yourself is going to look near what you'll want it to look. I say just hunt for a decent price of repair; $500 would easily cover a new bumper cover and paint, so see if you can just find a shop who can fix the bumper and repaint for $250ish. Just remember that $500 is only about half of what you need for a cam...
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    Nothing you can do yourself is going to look near what you'll want it to look. I say just hunt for a decent price of repair; $500 would easily cover a new bumper cover and paint, so see if you can just find a shop who can fix the bumper and repaint for $250ish. Just remember that $500 is only about half of what you need for a cam...
    Well 500 will go towards a cam, cam necessities, install and tune.

pewter
    02' Z28

Pay someone to get it fixed... Save up for the cam.

Silver
    2002 Z28

$500 will get you the parts (cam, springs, rods, and fluids), but when your car is thump-thump-thumpin and people are gathering around the back of your car as they talk about it, do you want to have to say the old "oh, I was gonna fix that, I'll do it eventually..."

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

werd^^^^

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

what you can do... is just buy that auto body paint in a brush thing... and then just put it on... do a even amount! and then just buff most of it out...

Navy Blue
    1998 Formula Firebird

when i got my car it had a few awful chips in it, i went and got some touch up paint for 5 bucks, filledit till the scratch was full, then wetsanded(1000, then 1500, then 2000) followed by some rubbing compound then a hand glaze, and then a polish, and i was very impressed, i cant even tell there was a scratch in the paint at all. granted the coumpounds i used set me back about 60 bucks it was well worth the money and effort.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

You won't need to replace the cover, at least based on the photos. You could try matching some over the counter paint and doing what Fujbird said but if the car is in good condition otherwise why take a shortcut?
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Silver
    2002 Z28

Find someone with a Pewter bumper that wrecked their car in the front, problem solved haha

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Is that paint from your car or paint from your friends car? If its paint from your friend try some rubbing compound. If not then I would take it in to get painted.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

^ No i already rubbed off the others cars paint now whats left is a chip in the paint.

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Find someone with a Pewter bumper that wrecked their car in the front, problem solved haha
    Thats kinda what i wanted to do.

Thread Information