Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Black

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Back to Black

Well, I've had my fun with the miriad of colors on my car but, now its time to go back to black.

I've already decided that the brake calipers will go back to black, the vents I've already painted black and the next things I'll do tonight and tomorrow is remove the 'Trans Am' door emblems entirely.

I toyed around with white speaker covers but, I've also decided that those too need to be black. I'm still planning on making some small white metal plates for them with the red/black bird on them but, most of my exterior will now shed the red/white schema with the exception of the windshield banner, sail panel birds and the rear window two tone red/white bird.

Of course my door trim is gone and the lights are blacked out. I'm going to try these new things starting small to see how they shape up.

Just got tired of the multi color rainbow on my car so, now it's back to black somewhat.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I saw some pics of your car before. I wouldn't call it a "rainbow" though. Personally, I think it looked great. I plan on doing the same thing with mine except different colors...just can't go overboard on it.

Looks like you've done some interior work as well. Do you have any pics of it with the red/white/black theme you have?
    Last edited by onetroubledguy; 01-09-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Thanks. Yeah, I think it should be more black though. I think once I get the door emblems off and the brake calipers painted, it will make a huge difference.

Especially when I get it lowered. The engine will still get the White FRCs and white air lid with the red/black lettering but, the outside will be toned down a bit.

got the black vents in tonight and they look awesome. Painted them high gloss black. Pics tomorrow when its lighter out.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

You're completely removing the door emblems? I think they're sharp and couldn't imagine moving mine.

About painting the vents...are they easy to remove? I've been wanting to paint my side and ram air vents.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

The vents are very easy to remove. Just open your door enough to see up past the hinges and you will see the vents. Put your hand in there and just push down one of the tangs of the vent and and then push. It will fly out onto the garage floor most likely.

Paint as desired and then put them back in.

Yeah, I'm thinking the removal of the door emblems will give it a cleaner/ sleeker look and I've got a few responses from a few on another post concerning it awhile back.

I will leave the LOTB (Last Of The Breed) badges of course. I'll take some pics today when I get those done. If I decide later on that I want them again, I'll just order some new ones from TSS. I think I will like them removed moreover having them on though.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Sounds cool, you keeping the chrome rims or going blk?

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Sounds cool, you keeping the chrome rims or going blk?
    LOL. Been thinking about that too actually. I think if I do, I'm going to do the inner spokes gun metal/anthracite like the original GMMG Blackbird rims. Got a guy in our local club that did his so, I'm considering having him do mine.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    LOL. Been thinking about that too actually. I think if I do, I'm going to do the inner spokes gun metal/anthracite like the original GMMG Blackbird rims. Got a guy in our local club that did his so, I'm considering having him do mine.
    Like this?

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Like this?

Click for full size
    Oh God!!! I'm gonna bust a nut looking at either one of those.......lol.

Yeah, just like that. Woman not included prob.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Okay, I got the black vents in and the 'Trans Am' emblems completely removed.

Looks much better and the car acts as if it likes it too.

The weather is just shitty here today so, I have to wait til the weather gets better before I take any after pics. I have plenty of before pics and #3 in the Feb COTM comp is mine.

Nice pic but, after looking at it amongst others, its apparent to me that some things have to go. Back to Black.
    Last edited by BIG GUNS; 01-10-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: hyperlink added for user convenience

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i agree, i think you had a little too much going on. the trans am removed from the doors looks much better in my opinion. and the red vents def need to go. however, i like the rims and red calipers, i think you just need to loose the red lug nuts, thats something i dont think you should notice. and i think you should choose between the last of the breed badge, or the bird on the pillar, not both, thats too much

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i agree, i think you had a little too much going on. the trans am removed from the doors looks much better in my opinion. and the red vents def need to go. however, i like the rims and red calipers, i think you just need to loose the red lug nuts, thats something i dont think you should notice. and i think you should choose between the last of the breed badge, or the bird on the pillar, not both, thats too much
    Okay, I'll take some of your advice into consideration. I do still like the red lug nuts but, maybe they make black ones. How would that be?

Also, I don't care for the red calipers any longer as everyone's seems to be red. I want to do the black calipers with red/white 'Trans Am' on them.

I will definitely consider losing the pillar decals though.

I'll take some pics this weekend of my progress so far and maybe we can check some things.

Thanks again

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Polished wheels on a black car.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah but, I'm leaning toward anthracite (gun metal) I like both the black and the alloy but, the anthracite is right in the middle.

I like alloy better than black Curtis.......lol.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Okay, I'll take some of your advice into consideration. I do still like the red lug nuts but, maybe they make black ones. How would that be?

Also, I don't care for the red calipers any longer as everyone's seems to be red. I want to do the black calipers with red/white 'Trans Am' on them.

I will definitely consider losing the pillar decals though.

I'll take some pics this weekend of my progress so far and maybe we can check some things.

Thanks again
    i think you should just get chrome lug nuts, that way you wont even notice them. and i personally think less is more with these cars. but yes, all that is a good start to giving you a sleek ride.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yeah but, I'm leaning toward anthracite (gun metal) I like both the black and the alloy but, the anthracite is right in the middle.

I like alloy better than black Curtis.......lol.
    i think any of those, if done right, will look good on your car. but i still like the polished. and since you already have them, theyre free!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i think you should just get chrome lug nuts, that way you wont even notice them. and i personally think less is more with these cars. but yes, all that is a good start to giving you a sleek ride.
    Yeah, I'm still trying new things but, I think that this will be the stable part of what I'm looking for. Hard to tell what you will like or what will look right til you try things out.

Thanks for your input.

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Like this?

Click for full size
    what color is this. It's nice

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Its SOM from what I can tell. Sunset Orange Metallic.

Like this?

Click for full size

OMG. I like the car. Hmm... whats that blocking it? lol... I hope my car got some paint looking like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information