Results 1 to 8 of 8

B pillar

This is a discussion on B pillar within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey can you guys tell me how to remove the trim on the b pillar on a Camaro? Thanks, Andy...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, AL
    Posts
    2

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro

    B pillar

    Hey can you guys tell me how to remove the trim on the b pillar on a Camaro?

    Thanks,
    Andy

  2. #2
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Are you talking about the little triangle by the window?

  3. #3
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Someone will chime in. I THINK you just have to pull it off. Don't quote me, though.

  4. #4
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    The little triangle pieces are held on with double-sided sticky tape. You can just pull them off, but be careful because they are thin. Some people use a plastic puddy knife.

    The "B" pillar is typically the molding between the front and rear window on the outside of the car on a 4-door car. Not sure what a "B" pillar would be on a Camaro though.

  5. #5
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    The little triangle pieces are held on with double-sided sticky tape. You can just pull them off, but be careful because they are thin. Some people use a plastic puddy knife.

    The "B" pillar is typically the molding between the front and rear window on the outside of the car on a 4-door car. Not sure what a "B" pillar would be on a Camaro though.
    My triangle pieces have a screw that holds them on....idk if that is normal.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, AL
    Posts
    2

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro

    I am talking about the pillar between the doors and the rear hatch. They are often painted the body color on V6 camaros, but are painted black on Z28s. Is it possible to remove that piece?

  7. #7
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    My triangle pieces have a screw that holds them on....idk if that is normal.
    If you're talking about the triangle pieces inside the car up by the mirrors then yes, those are held on with a single screw. I am talking about the triangle pieces on the outside of the car.
    It's on jackstands.

  8. #8
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    My triangle pieces have a screw that holds them on....idk if that is normal.
    If you're talking about the triangle pieces inside the car up by the mirrors then yes, those are held on with a single screw. I am talking about the triangle pieces on the outside of the car.
    Oh lol I was confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle3504speed View Post
    I am talking about the pillar between the doors and the rear hatch. They are often painted the body color on V6 camaros, but are painted black on Z28s. Is it possible to remove that piece?
    That is called the sail panel and it is held on with glue. The "easiest" way to remove it is with a heat gun and piano wire but beware it will most likely be butchered and most likely will need to be replaced for the reinstall. Just curious, why do you need to remove it? Is the sail panel bubbling?
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 12-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted: Pillar Pod
    By 1slowbusa in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 03:30 PM
  2. Help: A pillar
    By 2000dreambird in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
  3. A-Pillar
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 05:33 PM
  4. tri pillar pod pics
    By 01ls1ws6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
  5. Pillar Gauge Pod?
    By x10-wakerider in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •