Results 1 to 9 of 9

Any spray paint that matches NBM?

This is a discussion on Any spray paint that matches NBM? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I would like to do the front lighted bird on my car but I need paint to match it. I ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sayreville, NJ
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8

    NBM
    2001 WS6

    Any spray paint that matches NBM?

    I would like to do the front lighted bird on my car but I need paint to match it. I have a NBM ws6 and was wondering if anyone has ever come acroos a paint that matched the color? If so where, whats the name, ect. Thanks

  2. #2
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    i suggest maybe going to a hobby store down the plastic model aisle and look in the paint section for something that might be close. obviously a metalic paint of course...

  3. #3
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Go to your local GM dealer.
    You can buy most any GM color at the dealer, under a special order, in small aerosol cans. (They're bigger than the hobby Testors cans, yet smaller than the average spray can. 5oz I believe.)
    Go to your parts desk & see if the person knows what you're looking for. If they don't, tell them 12371320. But don't give it to them right away. Test'em first.
    You can also get a clearcoat, 12345119, & even a primer 12345117.

  4. #4
    Junior Member amanc96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    91

    Artic White
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Go to your local GM dealer.
    You can buy most any GM color at the dealer, under a special order, in small aerosol cans. (They're bigger than the hobby Testors cans, yet smaller than the average spray can. 5oz I believe.)
    Go to your parts desk & see if the person knows what you're looking for. If they don't, tell them 12371320. But don't give it to them right away. Test'em first.
    You can also get a clearcoat, 12345119, & even a primer 12345117.
    I picked up both, an aerosol can and the touch up bottle. I didn't know they had clear coat. i asked the guy and he said no.... weird.

  5. #5
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    you can get clearcoat at Autozone...good luck and consider doing some wetsanding and polishing on the thing as spraypaint sometimes gets orange-peeley

  6. #6
    Junior Member schtick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    55

    Red
    98 Ram Air TA

    You can get OEM colors in Dupli-color spray paint at either O'Reilly's or Autozone. Just find your paint code and do the color match at dupli-color.com. I have a 5 oz. Dupli-color spray can in my room that's NBM. The code on the tag is EDSGM5050 Navy Blue (M).
    '98 TA-Red - Idle Clip Dyno
    3:73's | MS4 | LT's & TD's | Yank 3800

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    EL PASO TX.
    Posts
    163

    NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

    Quote Originally Posted by schtick View Post
    You can get OEM colors in Dupli-color spray paint at either O'Reilly's or Autozone. Just find your paint code and do the color match at dupli-color.com. I have a 5 oz. Dupli-color spray can in my room that's NBM. The code on the tag is EDSGM5050 Navy Blue (M).
    You can get that NBM code at AutoZone? I parked to close to a wall and scratched the bottom part of my front fender..! Can I get this there for minor touch-ups?

  8. #8
    Junior Member JRHAWK9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Age
    45
    Posts
    26

    NBM
    2000 Firehawk


  9. #9
    Junior Member schtick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    55

    Red
    98 Ram Air TA

    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKIN WS6 View Post
    You can get that NBM code at AutoZone? I parked to close to a wall and scratched the bottom part of my front fender..! Can I get this there for minor touch-ups?
    Yeah Autozone should have it. They didn't have it when I got mine so I went to O'Reilly's and they had it there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best interior spray paint?
    By davidz28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 05:36 PM
  2. OT Help: Spray paint
    By DrMilhouse in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:22 AM
  3. paint wheels with spray paint
    By jimmybling31 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
  4. anyone really good with spray paint?
    By 0rion in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
  5. SOM Spray paint??? HELP!!!!
    By OneslowZ28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 01:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •