Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

another hid setup

This is a discussion on another hid setup within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; when your all said and done what will your total cost be on this whole project?...

NW Georgia

flat black
    when your all said and done what will your total cost be on this whole project?

well, the hid kit (bulbs ballasts ignitors and some wires) were 215 dollars for an off brand from ebay. to get name brand expect closer to three hundred for just ballasts and ignitors. i went through several kinds of paint, about 20 bucks worth. 10 dollars woth of pvc, jb weld. i got my projectors for free through my job, but i understand you can get similar ones for around 100-125 dollars. all said and done, most retrofits run over 300 dollars for total cost, and a fair amount of time invested.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

i have a set of projector housings like that, that accept h1 hid retrofit kits. i was gonna put it in my camaro housing but it would not fit. but it would work in a t/a or a 93-97 camaro better if anyone wants dimentions or is looking to buy them(120 shipped) they are in like new shape. email me csfast66@yahoo. i went ahead and did a diferent hid setup on my camaro. i would have liked the projector better because it has a cut off shield which my setup now does not have so now i have to make one because the damn lights are so freakin bright that even the people in front of me pull over
    Last edited by CDS98Z28; 06-29-2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: misprint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information